ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Search This thread

hottweelz

Jan 24, 2011
Saint Marys
jamestylee.net
4G is popping up, slowly, all over Camden County GA. These connections are NOT coming from across the St Marys River @ Florida. They are indeed our towers.

FYI Speed Tests not worth posting yet as it says 4G but doing 2mb/s up and down on a good day.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
4G is popping up, slowly, all over Camden County GA. These connections are NOT coming from across the St Marys River @ Florida. They are indeed our towers.

FYI Speed Tests not worth posting yet as it says 4G but doing 2mb/s up and down on a good day.

Probably kinda distant from you, check the LTE signal strength(not your signal bars as that's the 1x signal strength). But Sprint is upgrading sites everywhere to LTE.

Reactions: hottweelz

giannim24

Sep 13, 2013
Boise, ID. 4G LTE finally popped up around 2-3 months ago but coverage is still extremely spotty and the speeds still suck. Really wish I wasn't locked into three contracts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-17-13-30-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-17-13-30-24.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 192

mrocklewitz

Sep 22, 2010
Two Rivers, WI
In Manitowoc, WI I now have full 4g signal at work near roncalli high school. Prior to this morning I was getting 2 bars of LTE in only certain parts of the building. Today its full LTE everywhere in the building.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

thenexusgeneration

Jan 26, 2013
Spokane
From Spokane, WA, around Gonzaga University, I've gotten some very nice 4G service. Sitting at my desk, I get 4.746 MB/s down, 3.244 MB/s up, with a 78 ms ping. Best back-to-school present ever.

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Few speed tests
From my house. Waynesboro PA. Pretty much the same every where I go. We are a small town and we were one of the first to get lte

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1385075769451.jpg
    1385075769451.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 153
Apr 23, 2011
Overland park KS has very spotty coverage. Usually cannot make calls or use data from my apartment :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

pricery

Feb 18, 2009
American Fork, UT. Salt Lake has been up for a week or two, just saw signal in Utah County this week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387131024042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387131024042.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 58

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sucks. our Dallas LTE thread was closed and now were stuck in a General. Personally i would prefer to have a thread with each city so i can focus on my issues and location not a general every LTE discussion..
    Hope the Moderator who closed our Dallas LTE thread is reading and will open ours back up.
    I know I've said this to some folks before but for the new ones posting... the reason you are probably seeing slower speeds are due to the weak 4G signal. Your signal bars on your Android (non-CM) phone show the 1X voice/sms connection strength not the 4G LTE signal. You could be connected to a site across the street with a nice -50 signal showing all bars, but your 4G signal is barely hanging on at -120 pulling 1 megabit. Just the nature of the beast with Sprint letting us use the signal instead of sitting on the ready cell sites like other carriers do and firing them up all at once.

I recommend the Signalcheck Lite or Pro application. It allows you to see the actual signal numbers in your status bar of both the 1X voice/sms and LTE or EVDO connection at all times. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wMiwiY29tLmJsdWVsaW5lLnNpZ25hbGNoZWNrbGl0ZSJd

More info: Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength
    I've read many many many studies explaining why Wi-Fi is more battery efficient than LTE. Its a known fact from my understanding of these hard data studies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

It depends. How old are these studies, and which chipset did they use? With SoCs older than our Snapdragons, LTE was a huge battery drain, especially compared to Wifi. However, the Snapdragon S4 chip has a much more efficient LTE radio than previous SoCs, and therefore, less battery drain.

I'm sure Wifi is more battery efficient than LTE, even on our S3s. The question is "How much more efficient is it?" And the answer I've received (from myself and many other S3 users) is, "not noticeably". Considering that LTE is a lot closer to Wifi technologically than it is to EVDO, along with general advances in LTE technology, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Technology "studies" can become invalidated very quickly with the current pace of technological progress, much more so than medical or environmental studies. There have been lots of "studies" that say Android is riddled with malware, even though most folks you'll meet in your life will never experience Android malware, and the ones who do may as well have sought out the malware purposely, because you practically have to try to get infected.
    I sure hope you're not abusing your lte speeds... Otherwise those speeds won't last long.

give it 6-12 months as more cities get lte. it's only a matter of time before the abusers and people with no consideration start bogging the network which sprint in turn will implement a 1-2mbit/s cap. lets hope instead they start throttling the abusers.
    The exception here being that Sprint never promised anything. All of those dates they stated were estimates, which were given to them by the subcontractors (Alcatel/Lucent, Samsung, and Ericsson). It clearly stated that in the small print as well. A little reading never hurt anyone.

EDIT: www.sensorly.com is your best friend for determining 4G LTE coverage

obviously if i knew harrisburg had active 4g, i clearly knew about sensorly. A little deductive reasoning never hurt anyone.

saying that Sprint never promised anything is a really lame point. I never demanded that the rollout be 100% completed by December, all i did was voice major disappointment over the fact that the rollout date went from December, to January, to February, to Spring. That is the difference between reading and reading comprehension.