[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 06/02/13)

Search This thread

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 03/18/13)

Should it be "fast.t-mobile.com" or "fast.tmobile.com" ?

Originally it was "epic.tmobile.com" without a hyphen. Idk if that will make a difference

fast.t-mobile.com and it was "epc.tmobile.com" not "epic"

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Zombtastic

Jan 2, 2013
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 03/18/13)

Don't forget to change the apn to fast.t-mobile.com.

Would it be safe to just modify the default one? Or should I create a new apn (if so how do I go about getting the user/pass)? I haven't ever messed with apn...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

t3dpott3r

Dec 9, 2012
Los Angeles

So after reading an article by Tmo_Erica.
https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=/api/core/v1/documents/4962
I assumed that the increased connections people had experienced were more of a placebo effect then anything else. But after making the changes myself I realized that this is a really great update of a modem, even if LTE network hasn't been fully released!

These are my results:
my4use7u.jpg

2eda2e2y.jpg

Sent from T889 / Jedix12

Reactions: LfnsR

mxmarcus

Jun 14, 2010
I am getting an error when trying to flash the latest stock image
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> SGH-T889_TMB_T889UVBMB4-teshxx.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to rename the file?
Please help.

FYI: I am on the build JROO3C.T889UVALL4 Baseband version T889UVALK8 rooted

Last edited:

mxmarcus

Jun 14, 2010
Never mind.
I went to option 2 by installing the odex one + kernel + modem

It's working now.

Thanks!

LfnsR

Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA

So after reading an article by Tmo_Erica.
https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=/api/core/v1/documents/4962
I assumed that the increased connections people had experienced were more of a placebo effect then anything else. But after making the changes myself I realized that this is a really great update of a modem, even if LTE network hasn't been fully released!

These are my results:
my4use7u.jpg

2eda2e2y.jpg

Sent from T889 / Jedix12

Interesting, I will have to check it out. Wasn't going to worry about it as LA/Orange County dont have LTE, but if overall speeds increase that works for me. :) Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk!

schoi623

Nov 11, 2011
Morton Grove, IL

Been using the mb4 deodexed rom and modem since release and the battery life is just horrible. Worst battery life I've seen on my phone so far.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
I am getting an error when trying to flash the latest stock image
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> SGH-T889_TMB_T889UVBMB4-teshxx.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to rename the file?
Please help.

FYI: I am on the build JROO3C.T889UVALL4 Baseband version T889UVALK8 rooted

I am coming from stock (just got the phone), using odin 3.07, and I am getting the md5 hash error with the stock ota image, i have downloaded the file twice

figured it out,

had to CF auto root stock
download Goomanager from the play store, to install TWRP
installed the odex, then kernel, then modem

Thanks to the OP

Last edited:

rubsal70

Aug 26, 2010
How do I check to see if I installed the modem correctly. I already flashed it but where can I check to see if I have right radio. Thanks

brian117

Feb 22, 2011
Cleveland, OH
After flashing the modem and changing the APN, and rebooting, I am seeing a 3G icon and occasionally it switches to 4G but goes back to 3G. Is this normal? I'm running Jedi-X12. It seems to be doing this even with other modems.

EDIT: Or could it be just an outdated MicroSIM card? I'm using a MicroSIM card I got for free off T-Mobile.com a while ago. Would maybe using the SIM that came with the phone be better?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts