[DEV/CWM/ROOT/ROM] Hisense US/UK Sero 7 Pro CWM Touch, Stock ROM & XE-SeroROM v².²

Search This thread

Jacob030

Nov 20, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi, I just bought 2 of these and I am wonderin if I need the android SDK installed to root and install cwm.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk HD

enaybee

Oct 28, 2008
Not Too Far
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you boot into CWM? I thought recovery was turning it on while holding down the volume down rocker. I used your XE Sero Root zips and have the boot animation running, but I can't get into recovery to wipe everything and install the Serolicious ROM...

if button combo is not working for you then you can try to download any third party app like Quickboot reboot to boot directly into Recovery, Download mode ... Hope this helps. :good:

lentm

Dec 3, 2008
I attached a zip you can run the batch it will revert.

Code:
adb shell su -c "mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP /system"

Watch the tablet it will ask for SU access to remount.

adb shell su -c "rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip"
adb shell su -c "mv /system/media/bootanimation.bak /system/media/bootanimation.zip"
adb reboot
adb kill-server
Just tried this, and doesn't work.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Just tried this, and doesn't work.

What part failed?

Well, I'm afraid I might have bricked it.. I tried to flash the Serolicious ROM from the internal sd card... I wiped completely, rebooted it so I could load the preparation.zip and the Serolicious.zip onto the sdcard, went to recovery, and flashed the two. It said that they were both successful, but only the boot animation would load. Now, I don't think I have access to recovery anymore because I was using the Clockwork Rom app from the play store. I think I'm just going to have to go to Walmart again and try to say that it doesn't work, hoping that they won't turn it on to check.

This is specific to his rom not my recovery. You can try and see if you get adb access while booting up the device if you get adb shell you can try adb reboot. Please dont post issues with other roms in this DEV thread.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
I attached a zip you can run the batch it will revert.

Code:
adb shell su -c "mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP /system"

Watch the tablet it will ask for SU access to remount.

adb shell su -c "rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip"
adb shell su -c "mv /system/media/bootanimation.bak /system/media/bootanimation.zip"
adb reboot
adb kill-server

Tried this it says it is successful but I still have the CM boot animation.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you boot into CWM? I thought recovery was turning it on while holding down the volume down rocker. I used your XE Sero Root zips and have the boot animation running, but I can't get into recovery to wipe everything and install the Serolicious ROM...

Volume - and Power on with no USB cord inserted.

Reactions: xtil and scariola

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Possible to build a touch version of CWM? I know there's a checkbox for it in the builder on CWM site but do we have to know the touchscreen drivers for this device for it work?

Thanks,
Mike T

wbales

Jun 22, 2010
I have the front camera issue too..... I'm pretty sure Google hangouts worked, but taking a photo with the front camera gives me a black box

Sent from my M470BSA using xda premium

zenglh1988

Apr 8, 2010
Hi. After following the post 2, Sero 7 Pro will revert to factory stock rom? Because the volume key on my Sero 7 Pro is loose on the third day. I need to exchange another one. Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Hi. After following the post 2, Sero 7 Pro will revert to factory stock rom? Because the volume key on my Sero 7 Pro is loose on the third day. I need to exchange another one. Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, It works just fine. I've been actively trying to Port Rootbox from Nexus 7 to Sero 7 and every time I fail miserably and the tablet boot loops I test the factory reset zip and every time it reverts to stock OS. So yea it works.

-XE

Reactions: wbales

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DEV/CWM/ROOT/ROM] Hisense US/UK Sero 7 Pro CWM Touch, Stock ROM & XE-SeroROM v².²

Feel free to donate or click the little Thank You button if I helped you achieve a better device :)

NOT for the Aussie Sero 7 pro
    Important: Current Development CM10.2 Android 4.3 by Randomblame

This first post is just a DEV post. If you wish to flash recovery and have a working system you should use Post 2...unless of course you know what your doing already

Skip to Post 2 if you wish to use the all-in-one root / recovery package I created...if you just want to update your CWM Recovery you can do so with the recovery image below.

Skip to Post 3 if you want XE-Sero7 ROM v².², my custom debloated/deodexed rom with some serious cleaning done and massive additional tweaks.

US VERSION
    CWM Touch works on both internal and external sdcard cards. If you have made backups with the previous CWM Recovery they will not be seen with this version unless you move them from /data/media/clockworkmod/ to /sdcard/clockworkmod with Root Explorer

Once more! /sdcard/0 is the default device structure so when you backup to internal sd you backup to /data/media/clockworkmod instead of /sdcard/0/clockworkmod You will not be able to see your backups but they are there. Again, You can use root explorer to browse for them.

To flash;
    adb push ./cwm_touch_recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/cwm_touch_recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5"
    adb reboot recovery

To go back to stock;
    adb push ./stock_recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/stock_recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5"
    adb reboot recovery

For full Root Package see post two, below.

If you wish to know whats changed in the recovery.fstab of CWM;
    Code:
    # mount point	fstype		device

/recovery       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS
    /boot           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX
    /system         ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
    /cache          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC
    /misc           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC
    /staging        emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/USP
    /modem          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MDM
    /metadata       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MDA
    /data           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA    length=-32768
    /sdcard         datamedia       /dev/null
    /external_sd    vfat            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.0/by-num/p1

UK 32GB VERSION
    Most importantly the UK Version's blocks and partitions are different! Mainly the boot/kernel block is now located on mmcblk0p6! Anyone who ran the root script on a UK Version probably flashed mmcblk0p2 with the boot.img potentially bricking the device. This is fixable by running fastboot and flashing the attached files in this post

fastboot flash boot stock_uk32_boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery stock_uk32_recovery.img

Code:
    # mount point	fstype		device

/recovery       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS
    /boot           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX
    /system         ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
    /cache          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC
    /misc           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC
    /staging        emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/USP
    /modem          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MDM
    /metadata       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MDA
    /data           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA    length=-32768
    /sdcard         vfat            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.0/by-num/p1
    /thirdparty     ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/THD

Update: 8-14-2013
    Updated this post with UK 32GB Info and Stock Recovery and Kernel...CWM Touch for 32GB to follow shortly.

Update: 7-28-2013
    [KERNEL] nightshack0's Sero7 US kernel (Original Post): Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

Update: 6-11-2013
    I've posted the boot.img (kernel) for anyone to pull apart if they wish.

This is a full blown rock your sox off root/cwm touch recovery script. Oh and did I mention Revert back to Factory Flashable Zip?

It will not only insert the correct strings in your user folder ./android directory but it will open up device manager and tell you step by step what to do from start to finish. It will also reboot your device a couple of times to complete the process. Get a towel from your bathroom because you will need to wipe your chin once this is finished.

Root/Touch Recovery for Stock US/UK ROM:
    Note: If you have blue stacks installed please stop the service (services.msc) or uninstall and reboot.
    Step 1: Download the Zip file from my GoogleDrive
    Step 2: Unrar the files attached to this post somewhere (DO NOT RUN THE FILES WITHIN THE ARCHIVE THEY NEED TO BE EXTRACTED!)
    Step 3: Make sure you have ADB Debugging checked. To enable go to Settings > About > Click 8 times on Build number and back out to Settings it will be under the Developer menu.
    Step 4: Run XESeroRootUS.exe (US VERSION) or XESeroRootUK.exe (UK VERSION)
    Step 5: Follow instructions
    Step 6: Look at your tablet while it installs superuser apk it may ask for verification by Google. Just accept.
    Step 7: If it hangs at FASTBOOT please check to see if fastboot drivers are installed correctly!
    Step 8: Profit :)

Want to revert back to Out of the box stock OS [ODEXED]?
    [US ROM] Stock Sero 7 Pro Rom (P756.6.01.11.00) CWM Flashable zip
    [US ROM] Stock Sero 7 Pro Rom (P756.6.02.11.00) CWM Flashable zip
    [UK ROM] Stock Sero 7 Pro Rom (P756.6.01.04.EN00) CWM Flashable zip
    NO TABLET UI FOR ODEXED DO NOT FLASH IT
    Boot to CWM Touch Recovery (No USB Cord, Volume - and Power On)
    Step 1: Wipe System
    Step 2: Wipe Data
    Step 3: Wipe Cache
    Step 4: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    Step 5: Flash the zip located in above
    Step 6: Reboot (Choose Yes to disable recovery flash and when asked if you want to root you can choose yes if you want to add the su bianary - see step 7)
    Step 7 (optional): Once rebooted if you chose to root in CWM, download SuperSU from market then run it and update the binary to become rooted.

Want to flash a Deodexed version of the stock OS so you can build you own rom? Okay fine here you go!
    [US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.01.11.00) [Deodexed]
    [US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.02.11.00) [Deodexed]
    [US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) tabletUI [Deodexed]
    [US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) stockUI [Deodexed]

Anyone can feel free to use this zip to create their own ROM build it will flash and work 100% of the time.
    Please test your work before you release to public!

Step 1: Flash the zip located above
    Step 2: Wipe Cache
    Step 3: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    Step 4: Reboot (Choose Yes to disable recovery flash and when asked if you want to root you can choose yes if you want to add the su bianary - see step 7)
    Step 5 (optional): Once rebooted if you chose to root in CWM, download SuperSU from market then run it and update the binary to become rooted.
    Step 6 (optional): Reboot to recovery and flash a tabletUI mod or battery mod

Want to flash a Deodexed version of the stock OS but keep your current data? Flash this ROM it will retain your data partition.
    You can then boot into it once then flash a tabletUI and battery mod

[US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.01.11.00) [Deodexed/NOWIPE]
    [US ROM] Sero 7 Stock Rom (P756.6.02.11.00) [Deodexed/NOWIPE]
    [US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) tabletUI [Deodexed]
    [US MOD] Sero 7 Stock (P756.6.02.11.00) stockUI [Deodexed]
    Anyone can feel free to use this zip to create their own ROM build it will flash and work 100% of the time.
    Please test your work before you release to public!

Step 1: Flash the zip located above
    Step 2: Wipe Cache
    Step 3: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    Step 4: Reboot (Choose Yes to disable recovery flash and when asked if you want to root you can choose yes if you want to add the su bianary - see step 5)
    Step 5 (optional): Once rebooted if you chose to root in CWM, download SuperSU from market then run it and update the binary to become rooted.
    Step 6 (optional): Reboot to recovery and flash a tabletUI mod or battery mod

Fonts...fonts....fonts...Some games require two fonts that are not in STOCK. Below is the flashable font patch for games like Sims and Movie Star Planet
    [US PATCH] XE-Sero7Pro-factory-4.2.1-fonts_patch (P756.6.02.11.00)

Oh I'm sorry you wanted the BEST ROM out for the Sero 7 Pro? Okay you asked for it, XE-SeroROM v².²:
    Skip to Post 3

***NEW***
    Holy **** my tablet is bricked! WTF, Xboxexpert you broke my ****!:
    First off, no I did not. It is definitely not bricked you can not brick this tablet thanks to my scripts.
    Step 1: Remove all USB Cables and Hold Volume up and Power from a off state, you will see FASTBOOT on the tablet screen. Let go of power once you see FASTBOOT!
    Step 2: Provided you have a USB cable and a PC you can plug it in now and run the recovery.exe from within the folder where my root script is located.
    Step 3: By the time you read this if you followed the instructions XERecovery.exe told you to do you should have access to CWM Recovery go install a ROM.

Changelog:

8/20
    Added UK Stock ROM

8/17
    Revised of the Root script. UK exe is now available it will root your system & install CWM!

8/14
    Revised (v²¹) of the Root script. UK exe is now available it will root your system but NOT install CWM, yet.

8/13
    Revised (v²) of the Root script. Fastboot is now the primary for flashing CWM and Kernel.

7/30
    Added a stockUI CWM Flashable zip for users that want to revert back to the stockUI from tabletUI

7/28
    Revised the XESeroRoot script to include upgraded kernel and some fixes for the linux.sh root script. Now fully functional in Linux!
    Updated Superuser.apk to latest version

7/27
    Added Fonts patch for games that did not work correctly with out them

7/26-27/2013
    Added CWM flashable STOCK zips for P756.6.02.11.00
    Fully tested existing root scrip with P756.6.02.11.00 [WORKS]
    Added tabletUI for stock DEODEXED CWM FLASHABLES ONLY!

6/15/2013
    Added a deodexed stockOS that retains data partition for users who want to utilize the tabletUI but not flash my stripped rom

5/31/2013
    Added fastboot recovery flash for broken/bricked tablets. I really don't understand how you brick this thing but the XERecovery.exe software will resolve it.

5/30/2013 PM
    Added deodexed stock rom for people to build their own

5/30/2013 AM
    Recompiled CWM Touch Recovery background image to include "compiled by xboxexpert" just so no one gets confused
    Removed bootanimation from being changed when running batch for root

5/29/2013 PM
    Uploading XE-SeroROM a completely debloated rom with some additional tweaks.

5/29/2013 AM
    Added Fully Functional CWM Touch Recovery (If your already rooted you can just rerun the batch)
    Removed the CM10 Bootanimation from the root script.
    Added alternate root method if factory resetting from CWM!

5/28/2013
    Added Factory Recovery zip

Introducing XE-Sero7ROM US/UK (w/ TabletUI) v².² [P756.6.02.11.00]

nightshack0's Sero7 kernel integrated into the installer
    Fully Debloated with minimal but professional apps
    Fully Deodex Framework and APK files
    Full EXT4 Support
    180 or 213 DPI ROMS to choose from! 180 may break some market Apps but it looks GREAT!
    Over 80 megs of BS remove from the factory rom.
    Rooted with SuperSU & binaries have been updated to latest version
    Removed stock launcher and added Apex Launcher
    Daydream has been fixed! Finally..

Added Xposed Framework, XposedApps, Modaco, Tweakbox, Bubblelevel & Sound Recorder
    (Modaco adds Multi-Reboot menu!) (screenshot) (screenshot)
    (Modaco adds Multi-User on Lockscreen!) (screenshot)
    (Modaco adds Battery % for those who don't want tabletUI!)

Added missing fonts that fix a magnitude of applications and games from not working.
    Added hosts file that blocks over 36,000 ad pushing sites.
    Added bast525's build.prop mod to make most market applications compatible.
    Added Quickboot for fast Application based reboot option and Uninstaller for a fast uninstaller option.
    Updated Google Framework and Google Play Store (no need to wait for Play Store to update to the latest version)
    Updated ALL /system apks to latest versions!
    Removed initial setup wizard for Google Play Store
    TABLET UI v²!! No Screenshot button!!!!!! & Circle Battery Mods!
    Pressing Volume Down and Power exactly at the same time for a 1 second HOLD will snap a screen shot! (Stop complaining about the lost button)

Download links [To download go to File > Download]:

[US ROM] XE-SeroROM v².² 213 DPI [Slightly Stripped] P756.6.02.11.00
    [US ROM] XE-SeroROM v².² 180 DPI [Slightly Stripped] P756.6.02.11.00

Coming Soon:
    [UK ROM] XE-SeroROM v².² 213 DPI [Slightly Stripped] P756.6.01.04.EN00
    [UK ROM] XE-SeroROM v².² 180 DPI [Slightly Stripped] P756.6.01.04.EN00

[US ONLY KERNEL] nightshack0's Sero7 kernel is built into the ROM see Post 1 for the link if you need to flash separately

[MOD] TabletUI Mod v² w/ Stock Battery Icon
    [MOD] StockUI Mod v² w/ Stock Battery Icon (uninstalls tabletUI)

[MOD] Green Circle Battery Icon (with charging animation)
    custombat2.png

[MOD] Blue Circle Battery Icon (with charging animation)
    [MOD] Green Tiny Circle Battery Icon (with charging animation)
    custombat3.png

[MOD/My Favorite] Blue Tiny Circle Battery Icon (with charging animation)

ROM Install Instructions:
    Step 1: Copy both zips to your internal or external SDCard
    Step 2: Boot to CWM Touch Recovery (No USB Cord, Volume - and Power On)
    Step 3: Wipe System
    Step 4: Wipe Data
    Step 5: Wipe Cache
    Step 6: Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    Step 7: Flash the zip
    Step 8: Reboot (DO NOT INSTALL TABLETUI MOD YET!)
    Step 9: Boot into the ROM once and setup Google Play Store
    You are now free to Proceed to the MODS section and get your tabletUI groove on!

MODS Install Instructions:
    Pre: If you are going to flash a Custom Battery Icon and want TabletUI you need to flash the TabletUI 1st then the Circle Mod of your choice directly after.
    Step 1: Copy zip to your internal or external SDCard
    Step 2: Boot to CWM Touch Recovery (No USB Cord, Volume - and Power On)
    Step 3: Flash the zip
    Step 4: Reboot

Additional tweaks for the Apex Launcher you will need to perform for full Tablet UI:

First double tab the main screen to get the menu to pop up. Click Apex Settings.

In Homescreen Settings enable TabletUI checkbox.
    In Drawer settings make Horizontal Margin (NONE)
    In Drawer settings make Drawer background transparency 70%
    In Drawer settings make Portrait Grid 8 x 4
    In Drawer settings make Landscape Grid 4 x 8
    In Behavior settings make Screen orientation (landscape)
    In Behavior settings check Home key to default screen
    In Advanced Settings check Keep in memory
    In Advanced settings uncheck Report usage and errors

Download Bubble level by Antoine Vianey it will allow you to calibrate your Sero 7 Accelerometer sensor

Additional tweaks for the system framework for faster performance:
    Enable Developer options - Go to System > About tablet > tap 7 times on Build number
    Enter into Developer options menu on left side and change Window, Transition and Animator scale to ".5"
    You can also enable the ADB Debugging feature in Developer options.

Install Xposed Framework from the included APP and then enable all modules within the app module section, reboot.
    Use Modaco and enable the following Under Google Nexus (all)
    Enable advanced reboot and show users on lockscreen, reboot again.
    Enjoy a nice Reboot Power Menu and multiuser functionality through the settings application!!

There is an Google Play app called Thumb Keyboard it is amazing and should be purchased if you want a great keyboard for this 7" Tablet just choose 7" Standard layout when you set it up for the first time.

Additional application cleanup:
    I was made aware that there are still 3rd party applications installed even after you wipe your device. They are located in /thirdparty and can either be moved or deleted. In the next release I will have that folder wiped clean, for now you can use a file manager to do it yourself.

Teaser of the XE-SeroROM in action

XBMC over WiFi HDMI on XE-SeroROM

[MOD] Sero 7 Pro Inductive Charging Pad
    [ROM] Custom ROM based on 6.02.20 update

While y'all are waiting for something exciting to happen, here's something to keep you occupied...

I've just posted a customized ROM based on the most recent update from Hisense. Like xboxexpert's efforts, this one is rooted, de-bloated, and de-odexed. It also has a few nice enhancements: TabletUI and PhabletUI are available "on demand" (no patch needed), and ADB always runs as root. The ROM is set up for 213dpi but if you prefer 180dpi (and prefer not to edit build.prop), there's a patch you can apply via CWM.

Installation
    Unless you want to start from scratch, do NOT wipe or clear anything - the install script will do what's needed.
    • copy the file(s) to your internal or external SD card
    • reboot into CWM, then select "install zip from sdcard"
    • I recommend you select "toggle signature verification"; enabling this will confirm the file hasn't gotten corrupted
    • choose the menu entry corresponding to where you put the file(s), then select "sero7pro-bld60220-dopa-v1.zip" from the list
    • after confirming your selection, the update will display what it's doing; you should NOT see any error messages (tell me if you do)
    • if you'd like to use the 180dpi patch ("sero7pro-bld60220-180dpi-v2.zip"), you can install it now; alternately, you can come back and do that later
    • reboot

Notes
    • much of the app-bloat this ROM tries to eliminate (such as Sams Club or Playstore Magazines) may still be present if you've ever gotten updates for any of these apps. To get rid of them permanently, uninstall them using Settings->Apps->Downloaded. For "system" apps like the Google stuff, select "Uninstall updates", then "OK" when it asks if you want to revert to the factory-installed version (which doesn't exist anymore). The apps will be gone for good.
    • to enable TabletUI or PhabletUI mode, open the Xposed Installer app and enable it via the "Framework" option but don't reboot yet. Back out and choose "Modules". Select either Xposed PhabletUI or Xposed TabletUI (but NOT both). While you're there, enable GravityBox and App Settings, then back out and reboot. Note that GravityBox's Quick Access tiles and statusbar mods only work with PhabletUI and not TabletUI. To get the full effect from either, open Apex Launcher's settings and select "Homescreen settings->Use tablet UI mode".

Credits
    • xboxexpert - for getting things going
    • _TB_TB_ - author of TabletUI trigger; the TabletUI and PhabletUI modules are modified versions of his work

Files
    sero7pro-bld60220-dopa-v1.zip - the ROM
    sero7pro-bld60220-180dpi-v2.zip - 180dpi patch
    sero7pro-bld60220-213dpi-v2.zip - restore 213dpi patch
    sero7pro-bld60220-removed.zip - files that were removed

[edit] There's a new thread, [ROM/ROOT/CWM] Sero 7 Pro (US) - dopa v1, that covers this ROM as well as some updated root/CWM scripts. Please use it for your feedback about these packages.

DoPa
    So I'm going to take the weekend off of XDA forums posting responses, I'll still be reading and if something seriously merits a response I'll help because I get emails on replies in this thread, to spend with family but I would like to leave you with this..

Its bull **** that we don't have a forum. Its even more F'ed up that Hisense "thinks" about releasing the source when they should just do it under USA law at least! Its like extradition laws for humans only in a software world.

Its really discouraging that thing don't just happen around here and people have to think about it. Would it really hurt the community to create a new forum...think about it, what does it take to create a forum? A request thread because? We've been there! An admin logging to the admin console and clicking a few buttons and writing text in a text box, yup that's pretty much it! Simple question...what is lost vs what is gained by creating a new forum? Let me tell you....everything! It would bring more views to the site. Worried about bandwidth XDA? or money? I'm sure this site makes a ridiculous profit off ads and views....enough for admins not to care about a forums and members requests I'll tell you that much.

The most interesting and memorable thing, that actually dropped me off this site for a few months, was something about an admin or moderator posting religious views and people getting really pissed off about it...sort of a XDA Riot happened. I'd like to make a damn forum creation memorable, or lack thereof. :crying:

Just create the damn forum and lets get the ball rolling on development before the Nexus 7 x2 comes out and Hisense has to compete with it....oh wait that already happened. My little rant will probably get no where but I go to work every day and at 9am I click my little bookmark in Firefox just to get disappointed with lack of a forum and lack of development/exposure. DO NOT GET IT TWISTED. I value everything dev's do here towards the device but we are restricted in MANY ways.

XDA is supposed to be a place on the huge internet where developers come together to build upon devices, right?....I see the opposite happening with this particular device. This little thing is great in my eyes considering I've seen little china built tablets with crappy screens take over the market and people, including my friends, buy them thinking they are getting a good deal and then they break 2 days into playing with them because if cheap QA and extremely crappy parts. This device is the complete opposite. Who ever went up the chain over at Hisense and got approval to develop this device not only took hardware into account but also QA. The amount of people complaining about touch screens and heat issues vs the amount of people who are happy with it in general is overwhelming.

Freedom of speech at its finest I say. I value my freedom and I will post as I see fit in this thread since I own it. We have been extremely patient in waiting but now I've reached 130,000 views in this thread in only 3 months. So technically I'm keeping it towards Android development because a new forum leads to new development and if my rant gets seen by anyone worthy it just may lead to a forum, hopefully.

Finally, if anyone has anything negative about this post wither it be a moderator or admin go ahead and "flame" for speaking my opinion I'll respond to it on Tuesday since I took Monday off of work for a nice 3 day weekend with my wife and daughter.

Everyone I encourage you to keep doing what your doing you are all AMAZING and I can truly say I appreciate everything everyone has done and will do in this thread. There has literally not been one person out of line in the 1035 posts and every one has been either asking a question or posting a resolution to someones question. I really and truly appreciate all the help and input/output and respect towards other members.

-XE