CPU Health: Warning

Search This thread

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Hi, I have been using the CPU Monitor app to track my phone's health. Lately, I have been getting Good status. But recently, I get the Warning status.

According to the CPU Monitor, it is due to the CPU Usage and the space left on the SD card. My questions are is it possible to turn off background apps permantally? I have been using Greenify from Exposed, but every time I reboot. The apps I have hibernated.. Are no longer hibernated.

Also regarding the Clean Master app, when I free RAM. The apps I have selected not to free, must be reselected after reboot.

I just want to have certain apps to not run in the background. Also, is there a way to have CPU Monitor delete the history of my previous scans? Thank you in advance!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Don't use ram free.

use xposed framework and the boot manager to stop apps at from starting at boot.

To turn off apps permanently to have to freeze them or uninstall

Reactions: skyhonor

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Thank you, I will use boot manager, should I remove clean master app?

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Last edited:

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
personally I've never use battery doctor, does it have profiles to enable, disable things like 3g, location or something could be good.

turn data to 2G while screen is off saves a lot of battery.

I like Juice Defender,

TiVON

Aug 17, 2014
Gotham
Oh good to know. Thank you for your wisdom.

I have been reading this article: http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them
Should I also uninstall Battery Doctor? Thank you.

My response had a bit of a know-it-all tone over it, sorry :D. But yeah, task managers aren't a very good thing to use.

Battery saving apps don't do any harm and if they have special power saving profiles(screen brightness low, signals off, GPS etc.), sure, use them if you want!

Hope that helps :)

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
My response had a bit of a know-it-all tone over it, sorry :D. But yeah, task managers aren't a very good thing to use.

Battery saving apps don't do any harm and if they have special power saving profiles(screen brightness low, signals off, GPS etc.), sure, use them if you want!

Hope that helps :)

Since I am running franco.kernel with VomerTweaks now. The battery life is pretty good so far. I am running tasker with VomerTweaks.
Tasker is a bit complex because I get confused and overwhelmed easy. I am still learning and have a positive outlook on this Android device. However, lately it has been running slow. (when I run a game in landscape mode, it shifts the home screen to landscape then launches the game. Before, it would just launch. Also, some apps are glitchy now, and it wasn't like that before. (When I open an app, it shows a transparency of the app with the home screen as the background) and would have to re-launch to fix.

This all happened when I applied the VomerTweaks. I haven't done too much research on the VomerTweaks, but I hear everyone is saying it works great. I am having a different experience.

Also, the camera has been hot due to movie watching... but hasn't been doing this when I had battery doctor installed. I will install CPU monitor when I get back home to see what's up. I apologize if what I type is very choppy and unorganized.

My question is if I install VomerTweaks and Battery Doctor, will it conflict and change the system settings and confuse the Android device?

Thank you again.

Last edited:

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Install the FKU app from Franco or per app settings then you can change the frequencies for individual apps. All my games I've put at stock settings with Vomer some games experience lag due to the low frequency of CPU and GPU with per app I've got them all on stock and they run just fine. I've even lowered the CPU on non CPU taxing apps like tapatalk for example.

Sent from the One

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Hi, I have been using the CPU Monitor app to track my phone's health. Lately, I have been getting Good status. But recently, I get the Warning status.

According to the CPU Monitor, it is due to the CPU Usage and the space left on the SD card. My questions are is it possible to turn off background apps permantally? I have been using Greenify from Exposed, but every time I reboot. The apps I have hibernated.. Are no longer hibernated.

Also regarding the Clean Master app, when I free RAM. The apps I have selected not to free, must be reselected after reboot.

I just want to have certain apps to not run in the background. Also, is there a way to have CPU Monitor delete the history of my previous scans? Thank you in advance!

My recommendation to you is to keep things simple. I have many apps, but I still always have around 1.7GBs of free RAM on average. I have my OPO overclocked to 2.880GHz and the battery still lasts me the entire day with a lot to spare. With time you'll learn to tweak the kernel and weed out and replace inefficient apps to keep the OPO at an optimal state. I now longer use memory or battery "management" apps, they just do more harm, and I find it absurd that a device such as this should get bogged down to such degree.

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
I just came from reading the "[Q] Wrong kernel : black screen, no fastboot, no adb, no factory reset" thread.

It was heart wrenching to read but as I got closer the page 14, there was light at the tunnel. This community is too awesome.
Anyways, I do not want to ever experience a hard bricked device, that would just destroy me. However, I do love tweaking my phone so that it runs with the least hiccups as possible.

So seeing the lags after installing the VomerTweak bothers me a little. I will keep an open mind and when the develop updates it, I will definately try it again. My question is there a way to uninstall VomerTweaks after flashing the zip file. Or is there a way to make it better with franco.kernel? If so, how? Thank you again.

P.S: I don't know why, but my gut tells me I should not uninstall the VomerTweak, I do not know why... Just a FYI. lol

Last edited:

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
My recommendation to you is to keep things simple. I have many apps, but I still always have around 1.7GBs of free RAM on average. I have my OPO overclocked to 2.880GHz and the battery still lasts me the entire day with a lot to spare. With time you'll learn to tweak the kernel and weed out and replace inefficient apps to keep the OPO at an optimal state. I now longer use memory or battery "management" apps, they just do more harm, and I find it absurd that a device such as this should get bogged down to such degree.

How do you overclock your OPO to 2.880GHz? I watch 720p / 1080p Youtube videos for 3 hours using MX Player app and I play 20 minutes of Anomaly my battery life is 15% from a full charge. Also, OPO gets really hot after I play 20 minutes of Anomaly. I'm not sure if this is normal. Also, whenever I set my MX player app to play the Youtube videos in the background, I always have to wait 20~30 secs before it skips the next video. This would happen even before I flashed the VomerTweaks.

Thank you I am aware that the memory and battery apps do more harm. I uninstalled it too. Instead I use Greenify, CM Security, SD Maid, Boot Manager, BusyBox Free, Tasker with VomerTweaks, and Xposed Installer using Nova Launcher. I will post pictures on what's on my home screen.

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013

This is a widget called Animated Photo Frame Widget+, also I blocked out the contacts I have.

The widget is called PowerAmp

This widget is called Weather & Clock Widget

This widget is called DigiCal.

This widget is Animated Photo Frame Widget+ again, but this one changes pictures every 20 secs. Again, I blacked out the contacts I have.

The background I am using is called Wave. I use Bluelight Filter so I don't get blind during the night. :)

Just a FYI, I bought and supported all the developers who created these apps and widgets. Also, there were no lags before I removed the Clean Master and Battery Doctor, it was only after I installed VomerTweaks.

Last edited:

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
How do you overclock your OPO to 2.880GHz? I watch 720p / 1080p Youtube videos for 3 hours using MX Player app and I play 20 minutes of Anomaly my battery life is 15% from a full charge. Also, OPO gets really hot after I play 20 minutes of Anomaly. I'm not sure if this is normal. Also, whenever I set my MX player app to play the Youtube videos in the background, I always have to wait 20~30 secs before it skips the next video. This would happen even before I flashed the VomerTweaks.

Thank you I am aware that the memory and battery apps do more harm. I uninstalled it too. Instead I use Greenify, CM Security, SD Maid, Boot Manager, BusyBox Free, Tasker with VomerTweaks, and Xposed Installer using Nova Launcher. I will post pictures on what's on my home screen.

We'll I'm just running a fully updated rooted stock ROM. I'm using AK kernel which is my favorite one for this device, and I use the Synapse kernel app that the dev tells you to use, I think that your will be impressed with allnthe things that app can do, thought I'm not sure it works with other kernels besides AK. You can't overclock on Franco's kernel but you can with AK. 2.880GHz is as high as it goes, and its safe and stable in my opinion. I've bought four OPO's already and its worked without issue on all of them.

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
We'll I'm just running a fully updated rooted stock ROM. I'm using AK kernel which is my favorite one for this device, and I use the Synapse kernel app that the dev tells you to use, I think that your will be impressed with allnthe things that app can do, thought I'm not sure it works with other kernels besides AK. You can't overclock on Franco's kernel but you can with AK. 2.880GHz is as high as it goes, and its safe and stable in my opinion. I've bought four OPO's already and its worked without issue on all of them.

Is this the AK Kernel?
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974

Also, should I remove franco.kernel first? Will I need VomerTweaks too?

I will wait before I do anything.;)

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Is this the AK Kernel?
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974

Also, should I remove franco.kernel first? Will I need VomerTweaks too?

I will wait before I do anything.;)

Here's the link bro, http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/kernel-ak-t2832168 not sure what the one you gave me was for. Anyway, I recommend you start fresh by doing a wipe and flashing the stock rom. After that, you just flash the AK kernel zip, make sure it's the one for CM11S, flash the UKM zip, your super su zip, and reboot and install the Synapse app from the play store app. I'm glad to help.

skyhonor

Jun 24, 2013
Here's the link bro, http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/kernel-ak-t2832168 not sure what the one you gave me was for. Anyway, I recommend you start fresh by doing a wipe and flashing the stock rom. After that, you just flash the AK kernel zip, make sure it's the one for CM11S, flash the UKM zip, your super su zip, and reboot and install the Synapse app from the play store app. I'm glad to help.

I have questions before I wipe and flash the rom.
Whenever OnePlus releases an update will the AK kernel still be compatible?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sigh. Using task managers on Android with devices that have more than 512 mb RAM is useless, and slows your phone down...
    Don't use ram free.

use xposed framework and the boot manager to stop apps at from starting at boot.

To turn off apps permanently to have to freeze them or uninstall
    Thank you, I will use boot manager, should I remove clean master app?

Personally I don't use it. I don't understand why it needs to run in the background. To kill app? I don't think so, Android does not need it. I use SD Maid.
    Install the FKU app from Franco or per app settings then you can change the frequencies for individual apps. All my games I've put at stock settings with Vomer some games experience lag due to the low frequency of CPU and GPU with per app I've got them all on stock and they run just fine. I've even lowered the CPU on non CPU taxing apps like tapatalk for example.

Sent from the One