[Q] Default SMS app? How to?

Search This thread

emompong

Jan 25, 2012
LUCENA CITY
Greetings,

I have this app called "Messaging 7" (from app store) which if you are aware, is really an awesome windows messaging app. I like its simplicity and have used it before kitkat update.

The problem is, im currently running kitkat in my HTC device and it's annoying that I cannot set it as default sms app. Therefore, everytime I receive a new text message, it will not mark as read until I open it on the device's default sms app. Kinda annoying, I can disable the notification from other sms app, but again, I need to figure out how to set the Messaging 7 app as default.

It is observed that the developer of the said sms app no longer works in it. So I'm thinking that there maybe a work around or solution with this since the app was created before kitkat update. Some other updated SMS apps i have tried to install appears on the selection for default app (from settings) and so I guess there's just need somthing to modify in it?

Any help will be very much appreciated. I really want this messaging app. :good::highfive:

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Greetings,

I have this app called "Messaging 7" (from app store) which if you are aware, is really an awesome windows messaging app. I like its simplicity and have used it before kitkat update.

The problem is, im currently running kitkat in my HTC device and it's annoying that I cannot set it as default sms app. Therefore, everytime I receive a new text message, it will not mark as read until I open it on the device's default sms app. Kinda annoying, I can disable the notification from other sms app, but again, I need to figure out how to set the Messaging 7 app as default.

It is observed that the developer of the said sms app no longer works in it. So I'm thinking that there maybe a work around or solution with this since the app was created before kitkat update. Some other updated SMS apps i have tried to install appears on the selection for default app (from settings) and so I guess there's just need somthing to modify in it?

Any help will be very much appreciated. I really want this messaging app. :good::highfive:

put application in system/app with name mms.apk, and first backup original sms aplication (mms.apk) ;)

Reactions: Hommer 71

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

put application in system/app with name mms.apk, and first backup original sms aplication (mms.apk) ;)