Feb 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
www.montuori.net
This page is dedicated to make a stable ICS-JB for the Motorola Atrix

Brief history about the project:
- Un unstable ICS for Motorola Atrix was leaked
- Developers worked on integrating kernel and drivers into existing build
- Kernel was found to be very unstable and new kernel is being ported to Atrix
- While we wait for the kernel, an ICS CM9 build is ready for anyone willing to join the challenge

Next step:
- Developers should get involved in fixing/enhancing the current build
- Code submission is done by forwarding the changes to the head development team for inclusion

Build source code is all available to anyone willing to participate. The build process follows CyanogenMOD builds.

Source Code location: https://github.com/MROM/android/tree/ics

Curent Team:

Project Managers: marcovrv and R3PL1C/\NT.

Head Developers: Epinter, MMontuori, and TPoint75.

Kernel developers: mvniekerk

Developers: Hayander, scanuto, ravilov, geleiahp, alberto88a, tachospeedo, Isaygarcia, digidrops, fanfantasy, hainguyen273, and caster62003.

Testers/Advanced Users: Carcara, EkzoMan, EMG92, Hayander, BusWah, Girafik, clockworkninja, rspaulo, Bravo9000, vigremrajesh, jlm-familiar, The-Milkybar-Kid, r3xx3r, ovitz, lightlord, ticiano_arraes, reix2x, Nargyle, diegofdg, shabeepk, pixut, Kaworu33, jhonnyx, Haxornator, fanhtc2, julian_fern, iximedaixi, heibailife, shadowed87, Matada02, Zeljko1234, tatperson, dibi91, NemeZZiZZ, Moonshield, bimasakti85, Cocolopes, Pont91, jeanpiere, pre4speed, jeffreygtab, nachobkcc, BravoMotorola and littleemp.

Without help, this project cannot continue.

Last edited:

jeanpiere

May 31, 2007
Count me in for Rebirth

Dear fellow Atrix owners,

We all know by now that Motorola has cancelled the plans for upgrading to ICS, I was hoping myself to get the new drivers to update my own rom to ICS or JB. Well, this is not going to happen...

What do we do now?

We can either assume this is the death of this revolutionary device, or work on the Re-Birth. You probably know, but there are a group of developers working on upgrading the current Gingerbread version to ICS or JB. I am personally one of them...

We all need your help... we are donating our precious time and resources to make the Atrix 4G a better device that could last for another year or two, however, alone, we cannot continue with this...

WE NEED YOUR HELP...

If you are still reading this message, good, now it's time to decide if the Atrix is going to die in the couple of months or live for some time. We are looking for:

- People that can write code and troubleshoot (Android Java and C/C++)
- Testers
- Project managers (believe it ICS or JB is a full SDLC project)
- Android Advanced users not too scared of trying something new on their phones
- Donate Atrix Devices that you no longer need
- Of course, donations to at least justify the amount if time we spend on this
- If I forgot something, please reply to this thread with suggections

Again, you decide DEATH or RE-BIRTH

Take Care

It is certainly great to see commitment of this kind. I'm no DEV nor do i possess programming skills which could assist you. But please feel free to count me in as a tester and advanced user, more than willing to get his feet wet :).

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I would love to be a tester and advanced user. I have 2 atrixes, so I can test to any extent on one of them. I would donate one but I need to have my main atrix as a backup to the s2 I am in the process of buying. So my backup backup is there for testing anything and everything needed.

Lugaidster

Sep 28, 2011
I would have no problem in donating except I don't see anyone claiming that it is at all realistically possible to get the full ICS experience in our phones (meaning hardware acceleration and working camcorder). If that changes, I'd be happy to donate to keep my phone alive, but if it's just going to be another dissapointing waiting game with no outcome...

PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or be an ungrateful bastard as I do really appreciate the work all of you devs put on this. I'd be happy to give money for a bounty.

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
i'd personally donate 50 dollars to the cause of keeping our phones alive. probably more as time went on as well, just to keep the project alive.

i would also be willing to test ANYTHING on my Atrix, as i have plans of replacing it soon anyways. the fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore, and the touchscreen is dying.

Last edited:

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
I'm JUST NOW getting an Atrix and a Lapdock, a little late I know ;) But count me as an advanced user willing to test anything. I hope to get webtop (In non-blur roms) working above all else, unfortunately since moto isn't willing to comply, that is also the most difficult task.

littleemp

May 18, 2011
Love the intiative :fingers-crossed: I don't have any technical skills to share, but I'm willing to test and assist in any other way that I can.

Maybe we should get this posted on the Photon forums as well to consolidate the project?

sebsi

Sep 14, 2011
So you want to build a real ICS/JB ROM for Atrix?
Including a 3.x kernel, hardware acceleration and maybe working webtop?

If at least the first two things apply I would gladly donate for this one.:good:

Isaygarcia

Jan 8, 2007
Monterrey
Android/Java developer over here. (Also some knowledge in C/C++)
Contact me via : isaygo6@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Android/Java developer over here. (Also some knowledge in C/C++)
Contact me via : isaygo6@gmail.com

If there is something i can do that doesn't take me a very lot of time (because of the for-a-life work)

hainguyen273

Oct 16, 2011
Hanoi
This is possible but requires more than a couple of devs working close together to make it come true. And ofcourse, it will spend us certain time for fix the problem of Nvidia named Tegra2 by re-developing a brandnew driver for our device.
Once this mission completed, we can completely go further ahead to open up other attractive projects on this worth device

Definitely advanced user and tester. Have strong experience on tech related project management, just not on software development projects. Novice on java, almost intermediate on C, advanced in Pascal (dead language I know), but I think I'm a quick learner.

Have a "real" job, so time is limited but can arrange something. Just tell me where I can help.

m.rodriguez<at>computer.org

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

dedebekri

Aug 15, 2012
I am honored to be a member of this community!

Not a dev or a programmer here, but will do anything I can to give support.

Thank you all!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

digidrops

Oct 30, 2010
Berlin
I have some experience in Java, C/C++, the Android Framework and I am willing to learn more. But I also think, a project management is necessary to order issues, make possibilities clear, have a big picture, sharing knowledge. So, when you start, drop a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This page is dedicated to make a stable ICS-JB for the Motorola Atrix

Brief history about the project:
    - Un unstable ICS for Motorola Atrix was leaked
    - Developers worked on integrating kernel and drivers into existing build
    - Kernel was found to be very unstable and new kernel is being ported to Atrix
    - While we wait for the kernel, an ICS CM9 build is ready for anyone willing to join the challenge

Next step:
    - Developers should get involved in fixing/enhancing the current build
    - Code submission is done by forwarding the changes to the head development team for inclusion

Build source code is all available to anyone willing to participate. The build process follows CyanogenMOD builds.

Source Code location: https://github.com/MROM/android/tree/ics

Curent Team:

Project Managers: marcovrv and R3PL1C/\NT.

Head Developers: Epinter, MMontuori, and TPoint75.

Kernel developers: mvniekerk

Developers: Hayander, scanuto, ravilov, geleiahp, alberto88a, tachospeedo, Isaygarcia, digidrops, fanfantasy, hainguyen273, and caster62003.

Testers/Advanced Users: Carcara, EkzoMan, EMG92, Hayander, BusWah, Girafik, clockworkninja, rspaulo, Bravo9000, vigremrajesh, jlm-familiar, The-Milkybar-Kid, r3xx3r, ovitz, lightlord, ticiano_arraes, reix2x, Nargyle, diegofdg, shabeepk, pixut, Kaworu33, jhonnyx, Haxornator, fanhtc2, julian_fern, iximedaixi, heibailife, shadowed87, Matada02, Zeljko1234, tatperson, dibi91, NemeZZiZZ, Moonshield, bimasakti85, Cocolopes, Pont91, jeanpiere, pre4speed, jeffreygtab, nachobkcc, BravoMotorola and littleemp.

Without help, this project cannot continue.
    As you already know mmontuori, I'm already part of this team that wants to make the Atrix the best phone possible. Good initiative.
    ICS Leak

Well,

You probably heard by now that an ICS leak has been released by EPinter... this changes the dynamics of this project, we have to keep the project focused on releasing a stable CM10. Looks like the outcome just got a little brighter for Atrix owners...

The head development team will concentrate on potentially integrating this build with CM10 to see of we can get HW acceleration to work properly... and potentially releasing a supported CM10 release for the Atrix.
    Official CyanogenMOD 10 for Atrix

I wanted to give everyone a quick status. I feel confident that an official CyanogenMOD for Atrix will be available soon, we have all the pieces and parts... The project is kind of on hold right now because all testing and development will be done once the head development team releases the fully functional CM10 beta for testing...