The HTC Guide: Hermes - (04-07-08)

Search This thread

pdausr1

Sep 22, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Great guide! I wish something like this was here last year when I got my Hermes. I'm sure it will cut down on n00b questions, and make actually READING the threads easier. Thanks for making the best windows mobile site, that much better!

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
I am using Dopod 838 Pro (Hermes HTC) and i have the following ROM upgrader, can some one please tell me if they have upgraded there Hermes and it was sucssesful.. as i have seen too many bricked story on this website...

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 124

pdausr1

Sep 22, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
I am using Dopod 838 Pro (Hermes HTC) and i have the following ROM upgrader, can some one please tell me if they have upgraded there Hermes and it was sucssesful.. as i have seen too many bricked story on this website...

Short answer yes! Read this guide Hermes Upgrade Guide it's the first page and title of this thread. AND THANKS FOR CONTRADICTING MY LAST POST SO QUICKLY!

sir_italia

Nov 9, 2006
Sydney
Upgrade

Hi I have just upgrade today and ticked the yellow one for version 1.09 and the flash went fine. Then i entered bootloader and it said 1.35. But then when i flashed the new radio it say 1.09 is this normal? I am just not sure.
Sorry if this has already been asked or if it is a dumb question

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Not a dumb queston, when you upgraded it used "1.09.des" which is SSPL. What were you upgrading with?..........EDIT, never mind.

Dont worry you have HardSPLv5 on your device.

Avantis

Nov 10, 2006
Athens
Help..

O do not seem to be able to download the 1.35 oli pro zip file..Comes up with "unexpected end of archive message" message. Could someone post another link to it please?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Thanxs for the fast reply so it is normal not to show 1.35 when it does the radio upgrade or rom upgrade and instead show 1.9?

Yes like i said it was the version of SSPL which the installer used.

(this is in the various threads so please do a search)
SSPL by Des is a secondary bootloader which is pushed to the device by the RUU, It does the flashing process instead of your embedded SPL (HardSPL) and on the screen it will display "1.09.des". This bypasses the CID checks etc...

davidwza

Mar 10, 2007
I need some help here, I have followed the guide and tried to update to Hard SPL5 as well WMVI but all i get when completed is that the image is corrupt, my phone is also extremly slow - any help here would be appreciated, i am also running .netV3 - could this be the problem?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
doesnt work for me i get an invalid attachment message, but no matter I did download it from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=296722

I would like to ask a quick question though and that is when you do the upgrade must you select force Hard SPL as in the page i have put a link to above the instruction is to force the hard spl.

thanks for the help

The guide says to use "force Using SSPL", thats all you need to do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, since it seems to be getting quite popular heres the official thread for the Hermes upgrade guide ive written.
    The guide has now moved to a new host so dont forget to update any links you use!!

The HTC Guide

Individual Hermes guides:

* Currently updating the guides so please check back

Please read the guide word for word and you should be successfull in carrying out the procedures described.
    DO NOT pm me if you have already posted in this thread, i WILL NOT answer you if you do!
    Enjoy ;)