[TESTING] Android Eclair 2.0.1 On Blackstone Jan 8, 2010

Search This thread

demon83ft

Jul 31, 2007
Cluj Napoca
Wow strange things happening here, somehow I can't get past the 'welcome to your xdandroid device' blabla page with skip and continue buttons (right after the 'click the android' screen), it just freezes.

You left wrong ID in startup txt and your touch screen is not OK.
Pushing elsewhere then you wish.

look for correct startup.txt of blackstone.

Rob

Roadrunner100

May 10, 2009
PS - i hope i didnt say anything wrong.

Thanks, you explain very well, and the instructions that you put up are very good. They need to be in the first page....

I've tried the latest distro, but am reverting back to previous. Kernel 040339 (latest) works very well with previous distro, and backlight is finally off. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
Last edited:

themte

Jun 21, 2008
Not yet. When it is, we will say to everyone in topic name.

i was just asking generally, if from technical view it is possible. i am not familiar with mobile devices how they are working with OS. on computer you can replace windows with linux, bu i was not sure if you can do that also on mobile.

thank you

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
i was just asking generally, if from technical view it is possible. i am not familiar with mobile devices how they are working with OS. on computer you can replace windows with linux, bu i was not sure if you can do that also on mobile.

thank you

Its possible and it's done in for example HTC Vogue. However, the development of this device is very further than ours. Check here for example - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=593786

I guess that will be the final step, however now we need to have things like camera, 3d accel, etc working first. Then we would need to solve some radio things and so on.

I hope i made myself clear

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007

thank you

It's just a hardware platform like a PC... BUT it's not documented. That's the problem.

On a PC, it's well known how to develop on it, and the PC has a 'bios' that helps to interface with the hardware (although these days, even the hardware is so well known about, folks don't need the bios.

On a mobile, the components are much more obscure since every phone has it's own design. Usually the only folks able to develop at the lowest layers happen to be insiders of some sort who know the hardware platform. The higher layers are easier to develop for (not easier to code, just better documented) so more folks can contribute.

Most modern phones tend to have a 'split' architecture... a Phone system handling the core services (like radio, power management, DSP etc) and then the Application system, usually an OS of some sort hosting all the apps and user services. The interface between the two is often pretty proprietary. So for instance the Symbian OS could be built on top of a Nokia, Sony Ericsson or other phone system. This is also true of Linux/Android, WinMo etc.

Also, some devices have secure bootloaders that can't be (easily) accessed, and these can perform some sophisticated 'checks' on the validity of the rest of the code. These can be very troublesome devices to hack. Fortunately they are few and far between.

Technically, it's illegal to be using a phone with hacked code... it's simply not approved to be used within the network. In theory, malfunctioning radio code could interfere with other users and cause the base station some grief. It would be VERY difficult to break the network, but could affect the performance and power output of the base station (cos the phone constantly tells the base station about the quality and timing of radio the phone is receiving, and the base station and phone negotiate to optimise the performance)

Last edited:

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
blacklight is totally off in new kernel build.

It is however, the audio part is totally broken.

[edit] Audio is back with the newest most kernel

Last edited:

Dragon Master

Jan 18, 2007
Apps do not runs in fullscreen.

Hi!

Most of programs from Market shows only on part of the screen (just like HVGA on WVGA).
Example: Russian Keyboard (sorry, no link allowed for me :( )
It's runs fullscreen on Milestone or PC's Android Virtual Device. But on this build it looks like this:
P1010802.JPG
This is just an example, 90% of tested apps runs like this.

Sorry, if this problem was already discussed.

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
Hi!

Most of programs from Market shows only on part of the screen (just like HVGA on WVGA).
Example: Russian Keyboard (sorry, no link allowed for me :( )
It's runs fullscreen on Milestone or PC's Android Virtual Device. But on this build it looks like this:
View attachment 268598
This is just an example, 90% of tested apps runs like this.

Sorry, if this problem was already discussed.

If your lcd.density in the startup is 210, change it to 240, that should fix it.

wuchiwa

Jan 8, 2010
macau
shutdown, Gsensor

i have two question:
1.how to shutdown or restart blackstone?
2.G-sensor is wrong with "bubble"(market have), can fix?

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
your startup.txt can post?

This is the best startup for blackstone users.

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2030
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77 clock-7x00.a11=500 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-2,-1,3"
boot

Top Liked Posts