Official Playstation Suite release getting closer.

Search This thread

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
Are Sony getting ready for the full Playstation Suite?

1) Last week we had 2 new games (Theme hospital and Little Mermaid) appear in the PS Store.

2) This week we had the list of ESRB Playstation Certified raitings list of new games to come very soon.

Full list = http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search....fied+Device&searchVersion=compact&content=&se

3) Today they add all Android Markets current PS1 title's to the PS Store making that 18 games the most that has been available to date.

With all these games being added to the Playstation certified store could we soon see an official release? lets hope Sony give us a reason to call the Xperia play a proper Playstation phone.:)

First Psp game in English maybe coming to Ps Store soon-
PSP-SyphonFilterDarkMirrorUSversion-FrontCover.jpg

Last edited:

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
veeeeeeeeeeeery good

finally , it' SONY

finally we can tell that we have PSP PHONE , our phone is different...

hope for god of war , uncharted , resistance , silent hill , little big planet . loco roco , patapon , ...:D

IE-coRe

Mar 17, 2011
Güstrow
Omg dexter is on thw list.... this phone is getting better an better!

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

pctektgg

Mar 31, 2010
Yea but most of you guys here are in another country right. Like europe or something, cause when I originally logged in to my ps store account with my USA country/region when the ps store app first asked my when I first launnched it on my play phone, the list of games was blank here in the USA.

So I open up a new psn account and this time chose united kingdom from the ps store app on the phone and now I see the whole list of games and now the 2 new ones recently added mermaid and theme hospital.

So I take it the USA still dont have NADA right? And how much is £3.99 in USA money? Thanks

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
just noticed that on the new games or market place games there version includes a new version of DRM to stop psxperia by the looks off it i guess crash will be updated in ice cream sandwich to include it which will probably break psxperia and with no yifanlu this could ruin the phone

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Do you think someone will release Resident Evil exclusively for the Xperia Play ?

I really want it to come out for the Xperia Play maybe resi 4 or 5 ported :)

Imagine how awesome that would be playing it on a Xperia Play !

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Yea but most of you guys here are in another country right. Like europe or something, cause when I originally logged in to my ps store account with my USA country/region when the ps store app first asked my when I first launnched it on my play phone, the list of games was blank here in the USA.

So I open up a new psn account and this time chose united kingdom from the ps store app on the phone and now I see the whole list of games and now the 2 new ones recently added mermaid and theme hospital.

So I take it the USA still dont have NADA right? And how much is £3.99 in USA money? Thanks

Cheers to all you guys from the country of Europe! :rolleyes:

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
I remember Dark Mirror. It had an EXTREMELY damn good storyline.

What I'm more interested in is seeing if it will use the Xperia PLAY's dual analog to help the experience. If they make a scheme where I can move aiming to the right analog, and map the face button movement to the left analog, then this will control better than it did on the actual PSP. On Vita this is flawed because you can only re-map the right analog without moving those navigation face buttons to the left so the Xperia PLAY could actually one-up Sony's dedicated new handheld.

Also wonder how it will conform to the mismatched aspect ratio. I don't want image distortion, but at the same time having a letterboxed game will annoy the holy **** outta me. If they actually went the extra mile to extend the display range so that neither had to occur to take advantage of the full Xperia PLAY screen, that would be beyond badass.

Reactions: sufy1000

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
Yeah Dark Mirror would be good on the Xperia Play.

But what about resi evil 4 or 5 ported or even better a entirely new exclusive for the Xperia Play ? :p

AstroZombie1

Dec 29, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
twitter.com

About $6. :)

julianpaul

Nov 5, 2011
Ok, i don't get it. Maybe i'm missing something here but what's all the excitement about being able to play ancient PS1 games when there's so many newer titles around with much better gfx etc. Is it just the nostalgia or is there something else to the whole shebang?

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
Ok, i don't get it. Maybe i'm missing something here but what's all the excitement about being able to play ancient PS1 games when there's so many newer titles around with much better gfx etc. Is it just the nostalgia or is there something else to the whole shebang?

have u ever played tomba 2? or tomba? (also called tombi in the uk) play them the graphics may not be best buy the gameplay is still fun and addictive.

yes some things may be nostalgia but is it wierd i still enjoy crash and hercules even though its over 15 years later from there release? its just plain fun unlike most modern games it seems

edit: i have completed tomba 2 on the ps1 twice, psp and nearly on the xperia play making this my 4th completion of the game can never seem to get all the pig nose panels though

julianpaul

Nov 5, 2011
I can understand what you mean by some of the older games simply being much more fun to play than the newer flashy titles that have only looks. But doesn't this whole exercise seem kinda late for sony? i mean the ps1 support should have been out when the darn phone was released. now we should be getting psp ports.

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
I can understand what you mean by some of the older games simply being much more fun to play than the newer flashy titles that have only looks. But doesn't this whole exercise seem kinda late for sony? i mean the ps1 support should have been out when the darn phone was released. now we should be getting psp ports.

we do have ps1 support we have had it since release (see: psxperia to convert your own games) so i think your confused about whats happening

pssuite will be used to run c# i believe and games that can be shared between vita and the xperia play i think you are confusing multiple things up.

we have had ps1 games since release and they are introducing psp ports now infact they just had a load of games pass though certification for release soon

i think your are behind whats happening

T-N-Z

Nov 29, 2011
I wish they release GTA VCS/LCS, but that's probably never going to happen :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers to all you guys from the country of Europe! :rolleyes:

Sent from my R800x using XDA App
    If you guys ant it here is the PlayStation network app v 1.3

https://www.box.com/shared/9vtztl8ix1ph8h7rigei

Sent from my R800x using xda premium
    I remember Dark Mirror. It had an EXTREMELY damn good storyline.

What I'm more interested in is seeing if it will use the Xperia PLAY's dual analog to help the experience. If they make a scheme where I can move aiming to the right analog, and map the face button movement to the left analog, then this will control better than it did on the actual PSP. On Vita this is flawed because you can only re-map the right analog without moving those navigation face buttons to the left so the Xperia PLAY could actually one-up Sony's dedicated new handheld.

Also wonder how it will conform to the mismatched aspect ratio. I don't want image distortion, but at the same time having a letterboxed game will annoy the holy **** outta me. If they actually went the extra mile to extend the display range so that neither had to occur to take advantage of the full Xperia PLAY screen, that would be beyond badass.

A lot of the times it is nostalgia that jades us from seeing the poor aspects of a product.

I won't act like I'm above it or anything, because sometimes I'm guilty of it too... but when you remove the nostalgia shades, all you've got is a bunch of fighters that seem harder than they are because of imbalance, horribly-translated RPGs with generic plots, abysmal controls in all forms of shooters, platformers with insanely counter-productive physics, horrid collision detection in every applicable genre... things that have been cured with newer generations.

It's all so easy to claim newer games are just food for graphic whores because most will let their nostalgia drown them in enough oblivion to grasp at that cop-out excuse... and like-minded oblivious people team together with the quickness... but realistically, a lot of the worth we have in older games flows from nostalgic value.

I used to think FF4 was the ****... when I bought it on PSP to relive it, I was almost unable to tolerate the storyline until I got to The After Years.
    US owners cannot buy games from that....

True but you can if make a UK psn account. The point is, if the store was being released tomorrow worldwide like that dude said. All the stores would be open already for testing like the UK is. Those apps are the official Suite apps for Xperia and tablets so nothing Sony will say or release will be new to us. what people should be doing is checking the store for new areas opening up and the new psp titles being added.