[REF] Modem / Radio Collection (M919 I9505) Odin Flashable MDL

Search This thread

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hmm that's way off then. Although I'm good at following directions, I have almost no clue how to do this. I know the dd commands can be dangerous though, so I'll wait for instructions instead of blindly trying things randomly. What else should I try to get this?

the modem.bin might be on the other block, so try

adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096"

dragon-son

Oct 26, 2010
Mesa
the modem.bin might be on the other block, so try

adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096"

hmmm still got only a 3Mb file

Log of activity from adb

Code:
C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
e0ccc29d        device

C:\>adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096"
768+0 records in
768+0 records out
3145728 bytes transferred in 0.067 secs (46951164 bytes/sec)

C:\>adb pull /sdcard/modem.bin C:\
1213 KB/s (0 bytes in 3145728.002s)

Maybe my adb is not working right? Though if it was not working right, I don't see why it would even make the files. What should I try next?

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
hmmm still got only a 3Mb file

Log of activity from adb

Code:
C:\>adb devices
List of devices attached
e0ccc29d        device

C:\>adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096"
768+0 records in
768+0 records out
3145728 bytes transferred in 0.067 secs (46951164 bytes/sec)

C:\>adb pull /sdcard/modem.bin C:\
1213 KB/s (0 bytes in 3145728.002s)

Maybe my adb is not working right? Though if it was not working right, I don't see why it would even make the files. What should I try next?

it's working, mate. this is my fault that you aren't pulling the right thing. i will do some pull tests as soon as i get home to ensure i am giving you correct pull locations. i have to re-build the ROM i'm testing so after that i will get on it and we will get this sorted. again, completely my fault. thanks again for trying.

dragon-son

Oct 26, 2010
Mesa
it's working, mate. this is my fault that you aren't pulling the right thing. i will do some pull tests as soon as i get home to ensure i am giving you correct pull locations. i have to re-build the ROM i'm testing so after that i will get on it and we will get this sorted. again, completely my fault. thanks again for trying.

Since this dd command is only moving from phone to sd, should I just try to pull the modem from all the blocks listed in k0nane's thread?

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Since this dd command is only moving from phone to sd, should I just try to pull the modem from all the blocks listed in k0nane's thread?

the second part i listed would pull from your sdcard
adb pull /sdcard/modem.bin C:\

but instead of trying all mounts, i'd try this one first
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 - modem.bin

edit: i'm gonna try and do the above pull on the MDL and see what happens. will report back shortly
edit: the above block is the modem.bin. i successfully pulled MDL modem.bin. it's 52mb. now i have to find the other, NON-HLOS.bin.
edit: please just hold off on this. i will speak with k0nane and just ask. the modem.bin i pulled doesn't match up with the one i pulled from the MDL TAR.

Last edited:

relldroid

May 11, 2011
Tampa
I have a question that may be related to this thread, I had an iPhone 5
32gb at&t unlocked, with the T-Mobile update my 3g signal turned into 4g but of course I ran on edge most of the time, but at work I get 4g and my speeds were on avg 11mbs down, I ran the same speed test on this phone when I got it at work and I get on avg 5mbs down... I don't get it :confused:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Jarule51082

Sep 16, 2011
Flashable MDL Baseband

the second part i listed would pull from your sdcard
adb pull /sdcard/modem.bin C:\

but instead of trying all mounts, i'd try this one first
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 - modem.bin

edit: i'm gonna try and do the above pull on the MDL and see what happens. will report back shortly
edit: the above block is the modem.bin. i successfully pulled MDL modem.bin. it's 52mb. now i have to find the other, NON-HLOS.bin.
edit: please just hold off on this. i will speak with k0nane and just ask. the modem.bin i pulled doesn't match up with the one i pulled from the MDL TAR.

Guys thanks for all the work that you've been putting into creating a Flashable zip file, I went ahead and tried it through odin with the MDL provided file made sure I hit the phone no the PDA file and still on MDB...... Thanks anyways...

Closed Source Project

Mar 31, 2012
The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
I tried flashing this in odin and my device keeps saying I have the older baseband. Does anyone know a way on how I can upgrade to the newer baseband? Thanks!

--

Just read through the thread and determined that you guys didn't figure this out yet, nevermind..

Last edited:

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Guys thanks for all the work that you've been putting into creating a Flashable zip file, I went ahead and tried it through odin with the MDL provided file made sure I hit the phone no the PDA file and still on MDB...... Thanks anyways...

Yeah it seems to be hit or miss, not sure what's causing it but if it matters then I would restore the device and do an official update via Odin then CF-Auto-Root and flash what ever you want.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
mrvirginia. The download link is broken. I know of a user who needed it.

download link is still live. dev host was prob acting up

not sure why it works sometimes and not others. it does work though.

I tried flashing this in odin and my device keeps saying I have the older baseband. Does anyone know a way on how I can upgrade to the newer baseband? Thanks!

--

Just read through the thread and determined that you guys didn't figure this out yet, nevermind..

huh? we're trying to get MDB. the link in OP does indeed work...

Closed Source Project

Mar 31, 2012
The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
download link is still live. dev host was prob acting up

not sure why it works sometimes and not others. it does work though.

huh? we're trying to get MDB. the link in OP does indeed work...

Then I must be doing something wrong, can you please help me? I tried to odin the new baseband and it successfully works in odin. However, when I reboot the device, in settings>about phone it says my baseband is the older version. Also, wifi on the new stock wont work, I assume it's because I'm still on the older baseband. Can you please help? In Odin, I flashed it as Phone.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Okay. On my fourth try it randomly worked lol!

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Then I must be doing something wrong, can you please help me? I tried to odin the new baseband and it successfully works in odin. However, when I reboot the device, in settings>about phone it says my baseband is the older version. Also, wifi on the new stock wont work, I assume it's because I'm still on the older baseband. Can you please help? In Odin, I flashed it as Phone.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Okay. On my fourth try it randomly worked lol!

So it actually says mdl base band now, interesting I'll have to try it a few more times lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
Works for me.. Just followed instruction.. DB - > DL

I do notice there a improvement of LTE speed in my area.. (1-2mbps different, not much)

real977

Feb 23, 2010
Not sure if this did the trick, but after trying to odin mdl 5+ times the mdl modem still wouldnt stick. But then I enabled dev options by tapping build number 5 times and then re odin the mdl modem and it finally worked! Just wondering if this helped out anyone

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All modems (radio / baseband) here are for the T-Mobile M919 I9505 variant only!!

i've seen quite a few people around the threads looking for just modems so figured i'd share. i'll try to keep the thread up to date as our new firmwares release. i'll look into making CWM for those that may want it to be flashable but for now

please follow these instructions
    with Odin:

Extract the contents of 7zip/zip archive. Put it in your Odin folder. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
    Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:

1. Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
    2. Click Phone and select the TAR.md5 you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
    3. Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.

* Put your device into Download Mode:

5. Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
    6. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power.

7. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.

8. Click Start in Odin.
    9. Wait!
    10. Device will auto reboot

UVUAMDL Baseband - 05.07.2013
    This should be stickied

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    Yes if you have them that would be great, upload them and post the links and I'll grab them.

yeah either or. i have to be at home to make it for Odin because i need Linux.

Sent both of you a PM with a link to the files. Looking forward to having this added as an option for users that have been looking for it.
    @mrvirginia, can you please update your thread with the latest 4.3 mk2 modem pretty please. Lol it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

+1

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

yes, most certainly. i've been trying to get everything updated. i have the files. i will try to get this updated on monday, tuesday at the latest
    Since I still have MDB, I pulled all of the dev blocks and checked each file's structure.
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 is NON-HLOS.bin even though the file size is larger than that of MDL

Here are the files for MDB:
    modem.bin
    NON-HLOS.bin