[Q] KF7HD is stuck on twrp mode no os! any help?

Search This thread

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
So my kindle fire is stuck on twrp mode everytime i boot it. it first go to kindle with the "orange logo" then the "blue logo" i can hold the volume down to go to twrp recovery options and i can go to fastboot by going to "reboot" and "bootloader". How did this happen your wondering? Well i accidentally deleted my backup and the rom after i was done installing a rom, when i mount it i dont see it on my desktop, I click on the script while its mounting and it says "E:Unable to locate volume information for usb storage mode". it wont show the device on my windows 7 on "my computer" i downloaded the adb driver it detects the kindle and w/e but it wont show on my desktop so that i can transfer a rom into it and install it. If your curious of knowing what usb im using , its a galaxy s3 usb charger. It fits on the rear side of the kindle fire 7 hd and chargers...could it be that thats stoping my kindle fire hd from mounting? if it is then what other usb am i suppose to use to mount it or where can i find or buy one online or store? :(:crying:

Last edited:

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
So my kindle fire is stuck on twrp mode everytime i boot it. it first go to kindle with the orange logo then the blue logo (twrp) i can hold the volume down to go to twrp recovery options but i accidentally deleted my backup and the rom when i mount it i dont see it, i click on the script while its mounting and i see "E:Unable to locate volume information for usb storage mode". it wont show the device on my windows 7 on "my computer" i downloaded the adb driver it detects the kindle and w/e but it wont show on my desktop so i can transfer a rom in it and install it. Of your curious of knowing what usb im using its a galaxy s3 it fits on the rear side of the kindle fire 7 hd and chargers could it be that? if it is then what other usb am i suppose to use to mount it or where can i find or buy one online or store? :(:crying:

Here is the tutorial to push onto TWRP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459498 Follow it and you will be back up in a short time.

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
Hey Thanks for the reply tho but The cmd doesnt seem to find the rom and its not working i tried to download his adb but my kindle wont install it

Last edited:

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Hey Thanks for the reply tho but The cmd doesnt seem to find the rom and its not working i tried to download his adb but my kindle wont install it

To CD into the directory you go into the folder where you put your extracted adb zip folder and ROM hold shift and right click on the mouse. Now left click on "open a command window here." Or you can CD from the directory directly. Use adb sideload rather than adb push. You want to copy the ROM into the same folder as the extracted adb folder because adb.exe is already in there and that's what you need for this procedure to work.

Here is a video that I think will help you a bit too. Short but very well done and very informative https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CivvxcM1PCY He refers to the SDK tool folder. When he refers to that, you will refer to the extracted ABD folder. It takes a few seconds but soon you will see the flashing process in the form of a percentage.

Edit: When he refers to the USB drivers, thats what you use to get your device recognized. In command type adb devices. If you get waiting for device, you need to square that around first.

Shafi khan

Apr 13, 2014
Hyderabad
same thing wid nexus s

same thing happened to my nexus s. but when i type sideload or push it, it shows device not found. And when i type adb devices command it shows no devices please help, no os is there. i think there is any virus or any thing there which is stops it to connect. Kindly tel me if there is any file tht i can delete frm system and i can connect. Please guyx help me