[Q] how to move apps to extsdcard

Search This thread

Amir3022

Apr 12, 2014
Hello there
I got android 4.2.2 with 8gb of internal memory I want to move apps to extsd card but when I try to move big apps like shadowgun deadzone it only moves app size and not sdcard and data size so how to move the entire app with all it size to extsdcard?
Ps
After I rooted my phonr I noticed 2 foldrrs with exact same size and files legacy and 0 they were taking double space I only use 1.7 and used is 3.4 double space so how to fix that?

Amir3022

Apr 12, 2014
Iam looking for a way to move applications from phone to extsdcard with all its size look at this pic in the attachments
When I move an app to EXTSDCARD only the app size moves other than that remains in mobile phone so how can I move that entire app to extcard and if there is a way to install apps directly to extsdcard
And about those 2 files legacy and 0 they have same data same size and are taking double space how to fix that
And also realised that some games where running slower than they should like sgdeadzone and they run fine on my brothers s2 is that normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-20-17-51-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-20-17-51-55.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 18

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Iam looking for a way to move applications from phone to extsdcard with all its size look at this pic in the attachments
When I move an app to EXTSDCARD only the app size moves other than that remains in mobile phone so how can I move that entire app to extcard and if there is a way to install apps directly to extsdcard
And about those 2 files legacy and 0 they have same data same size and are taking double space how to fix that
And also realised that some games where running slower than they should like sgdeadzone and they run fine on my brothers s2 is that normal?

Moving apps to a low class sdcard will probably slow down the performance. You can use Link2SD to move all parts of the app.

FreezIn

Jan 21, 2014
If u have ROOT download this app called GL to SD then u press menu button and then move data. Find Shadow gun dead zone the one with the most megabytes and check that and click on move. Wait and if you want to play that game you will have to press the mount button at the very top or else the game cannot recognize the game data. Now enjoy your game.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Amir3022

Apr 12, 2014
If u have ROOT download this app called GL to SD then u press menu button and then move data. Find Shadow gun dead zone the one with the most megabytes and check that and click on move. Wait and if you want to play that game you will have to press the mount button at the very top or else the game cannot recognize the game data. Now enjoy your game.

Thanks so much that worked like charm thanks again now one problem solved 2 to go

FreezIn

Jan 21, 2014
Your welcome :D. For the 2nd problem I don't understand what you mean. Can you take a screen shot of what you mean?

Amir3022

Apr 12, 2014
Your welcome :D. For the 2nd problem I don't understand what you mean. Can you take a screen shot of what you mean?

Taken by root explorer
This 2 files can be found in storage/emulated

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-21-00-37-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-00-37-22.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2014-04-21-00-39-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-00-39-50.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2014-04-21-00-40-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-00-40-02.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 9

FreezIn

Jan 21, 2014
Taken by root explorer
This 2 files can be found in storage/emulated

This is 99.9% normal. Mine is like that too. Why? That's because 0 folder has the same content as legacy folder. Legacy folder has the same content as 0 folder. The content of the two folders are exactly the same so the size of the contents don't change. Depending on how many apps you install and how large are them the size will increase. My 2 folders says 42.37 megabytes because I haven't install anything yet. Yours is 1.74 gigabyte because you probably have a lot of apps or you apps are large. How to decrease them? Un install large games that you don't use anymore. Where does this size mainly come from? From the sdcard/Android/obb. Obb files are large game files that is needed to run your game. This is what increases the 2 folder size mainly. Also those 2 folders do not double. What I mean by this is they aren't 4 gigabytes in total of the 2 folders. So together they are only 1.74 gigabytes. Why? I don't know how to explain it to you.

Last edited:

Amir3022

Apr 12, 2014
:cyclops:
This is 99.9% normal. Mine is like that too. Why? That's because 0 folder has the same content as legacy folder. Legacy folder has the same content as 0 folder. The content of the two folders are exactly the same so the size of the contents don't change. Depending on how many apps you install and how large are them the size will increase. My 2 folders says 42.37 megabytes because I haven't install anything yet. Yours is 1.74 gigabyte because you probably have a lot of apps or you apps are large. How to decrease them? Un install large games that you don't use anymore. Where does this size mainly come from? From the sdcard/Android/obb. Obb files are large game files that is needed to run your game. This is what increases the 2 folder size mainly. Also those 2 folders do not double. What I mean by this is they aren't 4 gigabytes in total of the 2 folders. So together they are only 1.74 gigabytes. Why? I don't know how to explain it to you.

Well If that is really the case then why I have 3.4 gb og used space there must be an explaination