(Vanir-AOSP)OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES[ROM][25JUNE2014][4.4.4] | Fast as Hell

Search This thread

rkimdjork

Dec 28, 2009
Superuser problem

I have a problem with root. Root over adb does not work for me. Also Titanium Backup said superuser is outdated.
How do I fix this?

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
I have a problem with root. Root over adb does not work for me. Also Titanium Backup said superuser is outdated.
How do I fix this?

About titanium backup, ignore it. Idk about your root over adb maybe you need to change the following settings in the attached screenshot

ryhy6a7a.jpg

y9u5a4ep.jpg

If you don't know how to get developer option

Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 6 times or until it says you are now a developer > Profit.

rkimdjork

Dec 28, 2009
My root access setting is "APP and ADB".
I'll try clean wipe and install again.
Other than root problem the rom is superb.
Thanks for the reply

memphis77

Nov 3, 2012
cologne
I'm with this rom since the beginning. (beta tester). Never changed my rom after that. I'm more than satisfied and if it'll take some more weeks to fix this and that I don't care. This is the best rom outside there and I'm glad I can use it. Thanks to the whole team that made this possible.!

Reactions: AndrolinRoot

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Notice: A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title, when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
hi guys i dnt have the Z1 anymore hence there wont be any further builds by me if anyone wants to take over the project to maintain fr the Z1 it ll be great. thanks for all the support

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
hi guys i dnt have the Z1 anymore hence there wont be any further builds by me if anyone wants to take over the project to maintain fr the Z1 it ll be great. thanks for all the support

Thanks for all your great work!

Anyone ready to take over? It would be sad if it ends here.

I'll probably take over when Vanir Lollipop is bugfree for Honami (when mic and camera get fixed) :)

Regards,
Omar.

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Sounds good. If beta tester are needed. Put me in.
Just one question, when vanir lolipop is bugfree, why to drop in if its done or are you talking about CM?

Yes I mean as mic and camera aren't fixed in CM and AOSP, any custom ROM will have the same bugs,
so better to concentrate on fixing them now, and then when they are fixed, will get the party started for other ROMs (SlimLP first :p)

Regards,
Omar.

fantamadnesss

Jun 27, 2014
Hey guys, can someone test 29.12.2014 build and let us know what is fixed and what is not? Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    x4c4.png

Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    SU, busybox etc
    Stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    Enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    Custom written CRON and init.d etc
    UI and graphics improvements
    Custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    Halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    Usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    Animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    Additional quicksetting tiles
    Immersive mode
    Statusbar mods
    Clock & battery mods
    Lockscreen blur and other mods
    Soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    Busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    More to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates

Download : ROM LINK : http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/honami/
    Download : GAPPS : http://d-h.st/GDm

Screens:

Coming Soon

Bugs:
    U say.

Sources:
    Vanir AOSP - https://github.com/VanirAOSP
    Device Tree - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_sony_honami
    Kernel Tree - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_sony_msm8974

Please Consider Rating this thread 5 Star and press the like button

Credits:
    Vanir
    Slim ROMS
    AOKP
    AOSP
    PAC-Man
    codefireXperiment
    Code Aurora Forum
    DHOMD
    nuclearmistake
    Jason Downing
    PrimeDirective
    LorDClockan
    n3cort3x
    tbalden
    pingpong
    flar2
    Faux123

XDA:DevDB Information
    VANIR ROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    hypergamer1231, a2441918, Audio God, Mightybear007
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: OFFICIAL RC
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-25

Created 2014-05-08
    Last Updated 2014-06-27
    Hi guys I will now maintain vanir for honami after speaking to @OmarEinea . You guys can expect support like I do with vanir for Xperia Z1 Compact. My style is to build unofficially then push the working fixes to vanir gerrit if needed. I emphasis on clean install so if you did not do a clean install don't report a bug [emoji14] . also do try to submit a logcat.
    Also don't report bugs that already exist in cm(or crdroid in Z1)
    I have PM'ed hypergamer to transfer the OP to me.
    Thanks!
    Its official guys check op

Finally hardwork has paid off all vanir lovers am glad to announce that VANIR for Z1 is now official please test and revert
    I am running an unofficial build on my server now. Once it is done (if there are no errors) it will be downloadable from http://builds.hubdroid.com/VanirAOSP/final/honami
    Thanks to @Info4Geek for the server :)

Changelog:
    Kernel now supports multiboot
    Increased ramdisk buffer size to 16MB so that TWRP can run from FOTA
    All thanks to @Garcia98 :)
    Guys please have little patience I have reported the bugs to vanir team they will fix it thanks