[ROM][7.15.2011]NAMELESS v1 for Droid Charge - Test Build #3 - EXT4/Debloat/Tweaks

Search This thread

thac23

Jun 10, 2011
How often do I have to keep fixing my permissions? It seems I've already had a few random app force closes. Fixing permissions solves the problem but I've had it happen a couple times when I reboot. Is this normal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new release coming?
    :)

Yep, as soon as I fix the few issues with the kernel.
    New build is coming tonight with fully working kernel and recovery :)

Hard working testers:

Me
    c0ns0le
    gunnermike53

Thanks guys!

Stay tuned.
    I tried going back to the debloated official leak using ODIN. I'm still stuck at a recovery screen.

It is not your average recovery screen. It says "Android system recovery <3e>" and uses the home key to select instead of the power button.

i think you want to follow these instructions to get back to a working state

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111486
    This looks promising as i have been following it this. I see a few bugs that people are commenting on. This is just all the issues put together that I have seen so far. If there are anymore that I missed let me know.

1. Bluetooth not working (fixed in the next kernel release)

2. Home/Menu button dont work (i read that restarting should fix it. One person says it didnt)

3. Gtalk video force closes on video ( Fix permissions should fix this. No word on success yet) Gtalk Voice calls seem to be working.

4. Setup wizard will FC (Not a big concern for me as I dont like the verzon setup wizard anyway)

5. As one person commented ugly poop colored theme ;) (easily fixed but not really required while debugging the build)

Really if this is all than that is amazing. I would have to say good job so far.
    NAMELESS v1
    based on the EP1F Gingerbread Leak

GmzOm.png

--------------------

About:

This ROM is currently in testing for Charge. As such, some things may not work - but not for long! Please report issues in the thread. This ROM is the EP1F leak with my personal touches and changes, and some common sense tweaking to present a smoother, faster, EP1F experience.

--------------------

I've gotten some great help! Here they are (in no particular order):

gunnermike53 (tester, modder)
    c0ns0le (tester)
    Grillrd (tester)

I'm looking to get more help all the time, because with more help the faster the process goes :) Join me on FreeNode IRC chat at #samsung-charge

--------------------

What you really want to know:

Refer to Post #2 for an explanation of the below features.

Kernel Features:

• EXT4 Support
    • Extra Storage Support (mmcblk0p2 remap for personal use /extstorage folder)
    • DBDATA/DATADATA Symlink
    • init.d Script Loading Support
    • Auto root install
    • Built-in BusyBox
    • Built-in fix_permissions script
    • Built-in bash shell
    • Built-in nano editor
    • FC Prevention & Detection (e.g. if you get acore FC's on boot, just reboot the device)
    • SD Card Read Speed Tweak
    • CPU/VM/Kernel Tweaks
    • CWM4 Recovery
    • Charge Mode ADB access

Rom Features:

• Supercleaned
    • De-odexed
    • Zipaligned
    • De-TouchWiz'ed
    • Go Launcher EX
    • Touchwiz Calendar/Calculator
    • GAPPS - Gmail, Maps, Street, Vsearch, Talk2 (with video chat)
    • Appwidgetpicker
    • EXT4 auto-format on install (all partitions converted to EXT4)
    • sysrw, sysro scripts for remounting /system r/w or r/o
    • zipapps script for zipaligning apps on the fly
    • bstats script for removing old battery stats to refresh battery life
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Malware exploit patch

--------------------

FAQ:

Q: Ok, I'm cool with it, so what should I know about installing it?

A: Just flash from CWM3 recovery, no data wiping or other actions are needed, the entire installation is automated. NOTE: Your data will be wiped.

--

Q: Ok, what kind of caveats can I expect from this ROM?

A: The ROM is currently open for testing. I don't own a Droid Charge so I have no idea if anything works or not without testers. Being a test build, you may run into issues with things not working or nothing working at all. If that is the case just report it here. :)

--------------------

FILES:

Test Build #3

http://www.mediafire.com/?fz11ex27qo2ho97

--------------------

If you like my work, consider donating, or thanking me by clicking the thanks button :)