Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Search This thread

-Harsh-

Jul 16, 2012
Rajkot
I just got a 4.2.2 update in my stock unrooted nexs 10.. Whats the changelog between ??

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

akhil7j

Nov 11, 2010
New Delhi
I would guess that the factory image contains a disk image instead of individual files. That is a much faster way to do an install if you are not concerned with preserving any of the data on the devices disk.

I don't care about the data. I have backed up everything. Just wanted to make sure it will work with just one file with flash-all command.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Nailed it.! The problem was Internet Download Manager. What I downloaded was .tgz file and IDM (i don't know why) converted it to .tar and that was the reason of not showing the contents properly.

---------- Post added 18th February 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th February 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

So did you get your device to 4.2.2 now?

Yes, finally I am on 4.2.2 :D Thanks a lot for everything. Really you have helped a lot. Now the final part, Rooting. The way you described, I would like to do the same way.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I don't care about the data. I have backed up everything. Just wanted to make sure it will work with just one file with flash-all command.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Nailed it.! The problem was Internet Download Manager. What I downloaded was .tgz file and IDM (i don't know why) converted it to .tar and that was the reason of not showing the contents properly.

---------- Post added 18th February 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th February 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

Yes, finally I am on 4.2.2 :D Thanks a lot for everything. Really you have helped a lot. Now the final part, Rooting. The way you described, I would like to do the same way.

Congrats!

This is easy also..

First we need to download the Flashable SuperSU.
Go to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
In the first post download the flashable zip by clicking the link following the text "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: "

Place it in a spot on your device.. Doesn't matter where.. Just as long as you know where it is at.

Download TWRP (what will be your new recovery): http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Type in "Nexus 10" click link for it that appears, then click "Download the newest .img file from here" (you want openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img whatever is the newest at the time of reading this)" on the next page.

Reboot to bootloader - Hold both Vol Up/Down + Power

Connect your device to the PC

Now we are going to instruct fastboot to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img to the recovery partition of your device

Open a command prompt where you have the TWRP openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img file you downloaded

Type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img

Once you get the a-ok.. You can now use the volume key to choose "recovery" then the power button to boot into recovery.

TWRP should load.. Now you want to touch "install".. Browse to where you placed the SuperSU zip, choose it, swipe to flash and you should be done at that point and can reboot.

Last edited:

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
I forgot you used that super root method which roots without unlocking the bootloader

You're going to have to unlock your bootloader

Before typing "flash-all"

type this

"fastboot oem unlock" and follow the instructions on your screen to unlock the bootloader. Then proceed with flash-all.. I updated my previous post to you including this.

I've been following you're instructions step by step to flash 4.2.2 and everything went fine except when at the end, when the device is supposed to reboot, it gets stuck on the nexus logo. Any ideas?

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Guys, pls help.! My Nexus10's bootloader was locked and i used Superboot to root. It worked like charm untill i got the OTA 4.2.2. I downloaded Rootkeeper and installed the new update.
But, I got error and the device wasn't booting up. Getting the error "No command". After some time it booted up automatically. Now it's on 4.2.1 and no OTA. It says system is up to date.
Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Delete data from google framework services (in settings all applications) and then go to settings - info about tablet - update, repeat this untill ota shows up.

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
Interesting.. Doesn't make much sense and never heard of that ever happening before. Try holding down power to turn it off and power it back on.. Can you boot into the bootloader still.

yeah it goes into the bootloader fine if i hold all the keys while rebooting

edit: it won't go into recovery though. It gives me the red triangle

Last edited:

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
Hmm.. This doesn't make much sense. This is all by the book installation..

The padlock below the google logo is unlocked?
No error messages during the flashing sequence? Every single thing was sent successfully?

Yeah it's unlocked and it shows the unlocked padlock.

Everything went fine. It did say "archive does not contain 'boot.sig'" and 'recovery.sig' and system.sig' but other than that no error messages.

Here's what the CMD looks like:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Lev>cd C:\Users\Lev\Development\Android Stuff\mantaray-jdq39-factory-d7
9f489e\mantaray-jdq39

C:\Users\Lev\Development\Android Stuff\mantaray-jdq39-factory-d79f489e\mantaray-
jdq39>flash-all
erasing 'boot'... OKAY [ 0.023s]
finished. total time: 0.023s
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.093s]
finished. total time: 0.093s
erasing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.027s]
finished. total time: 0.027s
erasing 'system'... OKAY [ 0.374s]
finished. total time: 0.374s
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 0.466s]
finished. total time: 0.467s
sending 'bootloader' (1280 KB)... OKAY [ 0.237s]
writing 'bootloader'... OKAY [ 0.120s]
finished. total time: 0.358s
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.001s
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: MANTALJ12
Baseband Version.....: no modem
Serial Number........: R32CB039L4X
--------------------------------------------
checking product... OKAY [ 0.001s]
checking version-bootloader... OKAY [ 0.001s]
sending 'boot' (4608 KB)... OKAY [ 0.757s]
writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 0.115s]
sending 'recovery' (5108 KB)... OKAY [ 0.865s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.119s]
sending 'system' (522703 KB)... OKAY [ 90.880s]
writing 'system'... OKAY [ 12.925s]
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 0.471s]
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.092s]
rebooting...
finished. total time: 367.976s
Press any key to exit...

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Yeah it's unlocked and it shows the unlocked padlock.

Everything went fine. It did say "archive does not contain 'boot.sig'" and 'recovery.sig' and system.sig' but other than that no error messages.

Here's what the CMD looks like:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Lev>cd C:\Users\Lev\Development\Android Stuff\mantaray-jdq39-factory-d7
9f489e\mantaray-jdq39

C:\Users\Lev\Development\Android Stuff\mantaray-jdq39-factory-d79f489e\mantaray-
jdq39>flash-all

*snip*

Press any key to exit...

I see the problem...

Boot into the bootloader and type

fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img

Edit: Then
fastboot reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: Andbanyan

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Hey it worked! Thanks a lot! I do see the two erasing lines at the end there now. What's up with that?

No idea.. It's supposed to erase them, and then flash them.. Not the first time I've heard of the flash-all batch file not writing those two images.. Just been awhile since I've seen someone run into it.. Forgot about it.

It's no big deal as you can manually do everything the batch file does.. Or in your case follow it up with sending over the two images it missed.

Last but not least.. Once you're signed in.. Check your storage capacity.. Make sure it's reading right.. Sometimes when this happens The system will show your device showing a capacity of 6GB or so.

This has been a good example of why doing it manually is better.. You are not only doing the labor yourself, you can notice when something doesn't go right and how to immediately resolve it.

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
No idea.. It's supposed to erase them, and then flash them.. Not the first time I've heard of the flash-all batch file not writing those two images.. Just been awhile since I've seen someone run into it.. Forgot about it.

It's no big deal as you can manually do everything the batch file does.. Or in your case follow it up with sending over the two images it missed.

Last but not least.. Once you're signed in.. Check your storage capacity.. Make sure it's reading right.. Sometimes when this happens The system will show your device showing a capacity of 6GB or so.

This has been a good example of why doing it manually is better.. You are not only doing the labor yourself, you can notice when something doesn't go right and how to immediately resolve it.

Yeah thanks for your help! I checked the storage and it says total space is 13.05 GB, but I have the 32 GB version, not the 16. Is there a way to fix this?

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Yeah thanks for your help! I checked the storage and it says total space is 13.05 GB, but I have the 32 GB version, not the 16. Is there a way to fix this?

Yep, 1/2 the space showing. I had a feeling that would happen..

Very simple

Back to the bootloader
plug in device
fastboot -w update image-mantaray-jdq39.zip
fastboot reboot (forget if this is needed with the update -w command or not)

That'll fix it up

Edited: Fixed command line.

Last edited:
Reactions: roman2861

Andbanyan

Apr 2, 2012
San Diego
Yep, 1/2 the space showing. I had a feeling that would happen..

Very simple

Back to the bootloader
plug in device
fastboot update -w image-mantaray-jdq39.zip
fastboot reboot (forget if this is needed with the update -w command or not)

That'll fix it up

Still showing 13 GB (with the "-w" after the "update") Had to individually flash userdata and cache still - maybe something there?

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Still showing 13 GB (with the "-w" after the "update") Had to individually flash userdata and cache still - maybe something there?

..... Brain storming.. Try running it again (update -w), but open your cmd prompt by `run as administrator" this time.. For some reason it seems to be skipping the format process..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus 10 4.2.2 OTA URL

Hi all,

You can download 4.2.2 OTA from below link. Have a fun!! :fingers-crossed:
    MD5:ed637878ccba20ba9d44e62685ac67e9

http://android.clients.google.com/p...igned-mantaray-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.eaef1443.zip
    Thanks! I tried it but got stuck in the same situation. The update was downloaded but not installed properly.

Thanks for helping. I'm all done with the setting up the variables. Whats next now?

Awesome... Assuming you backed up your loot. The following will wipe your tablet clean and install a fresh stock unrooted, Jellybean 4.2.2

Download the 4.2.2 factory image: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mantaray-jdq39-factory-d79f489e.tgz

Unzip that.. Inside that is a tar file you need to unzip which contains a folder named "mantaray-jdq39". For tutorial purposes I'm going to assume we unzipped it into the root of C:\

Unzip the image-mantaray-jdq39.zip that is sitting in that directory (mantaray-jdq39). It will contain 5 img files.. They should all be sitting in the same directory

Power down the device and boot into the bootloader of your device.. Unplug the usb from PC and hold BOTH Vol Up-Down and the power button until you get into the bootloader. You'll know it's the right one if you can use the volume keys to switch between start, recovery etc... Plug your Nexus into your PC now..

Open a command prompt and change directories to where you unzipped the tar and zip file earlier.. ie: C:\manataray-jdp39

(if your bootloader is still locked you need to type "fastboot oem unlock" and then follow the instructions on your screen first)

Now type flash-all

Wait it out until your device reboots on its own..

You're done..

If you want to root after this ask here.. Me, or someone else will tell you how to do using the programs provided in the SDK you installed.. This way you will know the exact processes taking place as you yourself will be running each command to install recovery etc.. Then in the event something goes wrong in the future you will most likely be able to fix it yourself.. Also, you'll be more prepared to help others out in similar situations.

* - I'm assuming you already had the USB drivers installed and thus skipped all that jazz.

Congrats!

This is easy also..

First we need to download the Flashable SuperSU.
    Go to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    In the first post download the flashable zip by clicking the link following the text "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: "

Place it in a spot on your device.. Doesn't matter where.. Just as long as you know where it is at.

Download TWRP (what will be your new recovery): http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Type in "Nexus 10" click link for it that appears, then click "Download the newest .img file from here" (you want openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img whatever is the newest at the time of reading this)" on the next page.

Reboot to bootloader - Hold both Vol Up/Down + Power

Connect your device to the PC

Now we are going to instruct fastboot to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img to the recovery partition of your device

Open a command prompt where you have the TWRP openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img file you downloaded

Type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img

Once you get the a-ok.. You can now use the volume key to choose "recovery" then the power button to boot into recovery.

TWRP should load.. Now you want to touch "install".. Browse to where you placed the SuperSU zip, choose it, swipe to flash and you should be done at that point and can reboot.
    Good call on the platform tools being outdated. I had downloaded it all today, but I just ran SDK Manager and it said there was an update available. After installing that, everything seems to work OK. It was definitely using an old fastboot as there are more options for it now. Not sure why.

Anyway, everything works perfect now! Thanks so much. I really owe you one.

Woohoo! So awesome.. Look at it this way.. You just got a lot of trouble shooting experience in and have a much better understanding how these things work.. The toolkits just can't replace hands on experience. :) Glad you're updated.. Now go install some games and relax. :good:
    If anyone is not rooted and has upgraded to 4.2.2 here for rooting and installing CWM! :cowboy:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144831