[MOD] Increase Volume Cap. [update: Version 3]

Search This thread

jazjaz92

Feb 11, 2010
Sheffield
I found this in the Xperia Z1 forum... it should work on the ZU as internally they are identical...
This is not my work, and credit goes to @ZeroInfinity

-For a Sony ROM

Increased internal/ external speaker, headphone volume, volume call speaker

1 - Copy .zip to ext sdcard
2 - Enter CWM
3 - Install mod
4 - Reboot system
5 - Enjoy

Download Links:

Increase Volume:
http://d-h.st/UE9

Revert back to stock:
http://d-h.st/U5k

I flashed this to the 257 firmware. Yes I have a considerably louder internal speaker output but my phone no longer recognises anything I plug into the 3.5 jack and just continues to play sound from the speaker. I do use viper audio v4a. Could this be the cause of my problem?

I tried flashing revert back to stock and it hasn't solved the problem :/

Last edited:

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com
I flashed this to the 257 firmware. Yes I have a considerably louder internal speaker output but my phone no longer recognises anything I plug into the 3.5 jack and just continues to play sound from the speaker. I do use viper audio v4a. Could this be the cause of my problem?

I tried flashing revert back to stock and it hasn't solved the problem :/

no it shouldn't effect it. Was it doing it before you flashed the mod? all it does it increase the numeration set in the default setting. nothing else.

jazjaz92

Feb 11, 2010
Sheffield
no it shouldn't effect it. Was it doing it before you flashed the mod? all it does it increase the numeration set in the default setting. nothing else.
No it was fine up until flashing Cwm I flashed the mod immediately afterwards but didn't use the jack between flashing Cwm and the volume mod. After discovering I had no headphone recognition I flashed the revert back to stock zip.

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com

ZaperiaUltra

Nov 26, 2013
Hi folks,

Could someone please post a 'step by step' for using this mod?

I am using Xperia Z Ultra (C6802) on 14.1.B.2.257 build.

Thanks in advance!!

spicemaster

Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
Mr hamdogg,

Most ringtones and alerts played on the phone loudspeaker sound distorted after flashing your zip.
But the headphone output sounds as it should.

So could you please provide us with an alternate version that only boosts the headphone output volume?
Or please let us know what values to edit and change in our ROMs (or your flashable zip) to achieve the same goal?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts