Before installing official gingerbread

Search This thread

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
Flashing the official gingerbread in u8800 its irreversivel process, at least for now.
If you flash it you have to keep it as no way of going back.

If you root it using the only available method, bye bye!
Everytime you reboot the endless bootlooping starts and the only way to stop it is formatting data.
Which means everytime you reboot = bye bye all data and apps etc.

I think is something that its major importance and no one is mentioning this!!!!

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
I don't know, maybe I've been preaching to deaf ears or something...but...you can re-install the old ROM back, the CWM recovery won't work with the official GB - that much is true - but you will be able to downgrade to an official 2.2.2 (I used the B162) version with the regular update method (at least I was and everything is working just as normal as it used to).

So, irreversible - I don't think so
with the current CWM recovery - it's a no-go

edit: that being said, what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for everyone, so be careful and blame the guy in the mirror -not me, if it doesn't work for you. =)

Last edited:

axistr

Jul 26, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
I think Huawei says wrong here. I flashed 2.3 yesterday. After that, because of the haptic issue I flashed back to official 2.2. Only problem after the 2.2, recovery console had opened. I did factory reset there and phone started without a problem. Then, I had upgraded to 2.3 again. Still haptic don't vibrate. Other than, no problem here. Maybe, I will go back again to 2.2.

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
Well you are lucky then because you are the only one.
Perhaps what is saying in the official intructions that will be impossible to dowgread after this upgrade won't apply to you.

I have try it with at least 8/9 versions of official release and nothing works!!!!

axistr

Jul 26, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
Have you tried with internal sd? I copied dload folder to internal and started the upgrade process from Storage-Upgrade Firmware. Where did your phone stuck?

Edit: I didn't root my phone. Waiting proper solution. I had used B138.

Last edited:

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
no, I'm using external SD.

now I'm downloading another official release to try to downgrade using another one...

this time is U8800 V100R001C17B162CUSTC17D001

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Perhaps what is saying in the official intructions that will be impossible to dowgread after this upgrade won't apply to you.

I have try it with at least 8/9 versions of official release and nothing works!!!!

Well, like I said, what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you. :confused:

Anyway, this is what I did and it worked, maybe it can help others.

0. Copy the original B162 ROM ("dload"-folder which has two files, UPDATE.APP AND UPDATE_CUST.APP) to the root of your SDCARD

1. Update to B162 by holding down +- keys while turning on the phone

2. After the first reboot, it's giving error messages for not being able to mount this and that...just ignore it and...

--> Wipe data / factory reset --> remove battery

3. Update the B162 again --> this time everything should go OK, if so, your phone is back to stock B162 and you're ready to use it or update a custom rom (just install Clockwork recovery like you used to and start from there)

The last point (3) may be unnecessary, but I did so just to make sure everything's ok.

Edit: OK, and I meant b162, not b160... :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Isamu_Dyson

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
no, I'm using external SD.

now I'm downloading another official release to try to downgrade using another one...

this time is U8800 V100R001C17B162CUSTC17D001

For me it also works. I have downgrade without any problem and I use to the b 162 version. Now Ian back to oxygen

Sent from my u8800 using XDA App

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
yes I made it with this B162.

**** this **** I'm going back to custom rom.

No point of using this official release if future customs will use the libs from this one.

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
yes I made it with this B162.

**** this **** I'm going back to custom rom.

No point of using this official release if future customs will use the libs from this one.

And then there's the fact that the official gb is still beta, it's not supposed to work perfectly. But as long as the dev team here stays active, I think that I'm gonna stick with custom roms too. :D

mesnati

Jun 13, 2011
I am stuck here also :((

Nothing worked :(
I tried clockwork recovery - it doesnt get to. It is just rebooting.
I tried with various dload UPDATE.IMG's (GB Overseas, GB orig chinese,B162,B138) nothing is working - stucked in "Step 1/2 Unpacking" window forever.

Anyone has solution for this ? :(

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
manage to install miui.
several versions now up to the newest one.

I noticed on all of them that it mount the SD card when connected to USB but only shows the system files and not allow writing, copy, cut, etc.
Saying that I dont have permission to change the SD

adnankhan49

Nov 11, 2011
Flashing the official gingerbread in u8800 its irreversivel process, at least for now.
If you flash it you have to keep it as no way of going back.

If you root it using the only available method, bye bye!
Everytime you reboot the endless bootlooping starts and the only way to stop it is formatting data.
Which means everytime you reboot = bye bye all data and apps etc.

I think is something that its major importance and no one is mentioning this!!!!

I have just flashed with new U8800V100R001C00B517G001(Beta1.0)(Overseas Normal)(Gingerbread) but after flashing I kept waiting for start my phone. I restasted many times but same, then I format data its worked and when restarted again it goes in same condition any help ?

Tommixoft

Aug 12, 2011
until flash disk is writable and it is - there will always be way to go back to old versions :) it just files.. like reinstalling windows on your pc.

ptvideo

Apr 5, 2009
Montejunto
Since the new Rom is public I have read all posts about it here. Maybe I had lucky, or simple due it without messing with the files.

Yesterday I made the upgrade to the new rom, directly from the last Oxigen version, without downgrade to 2.2. I simply create the dload folder on SD card, put there de update file, boot with +- Power, and chose upgrade from SD card.
After step 2 I reboot the phone a install step 3 upgrade. Everything as installed fine, no boot loops, nothing...
Also the root method decribed in this forum as work on first time.
24 hours after the upgrade, and some reboots to test, I never se the boot loops, and the phone is working well.

The new ROM, even in beta stage, to me is a great improvement.

Druida69

Sep 2, 2011
Well either you were lucky or me and the majority were unlucky.
But issues only start to happens when rooting.
So that you can see it fried me the 1 USB cable. This cable is only good to charge the battery now....
Also, ****ed the device USB storage MOUNT.
I connect it to the computer and the computer sees it as a CD drive not allowing any changes.
Also when press the button to mount the USB on the device it never gets mounted and gives the messages that the SD can now be removed.
So I have put this issue many times but up to the moment no one even reply to help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know, maybe I've been preaching to deaf ears or something...but...you can re-install the old ROM back, the CWM recovery won't work with the official GB - that much is true - but you will be able to downgrade to an official 2.2.2 (I used the B162) version with the regular update method (at least I was and everything is working just as normal as it used to).

So, irreversible - I don't think so
    with the current CWM recovery - it's a no-go

edit: that being said, what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for everyone, so be careful and blame the guy in the mirror -not me, if it doesn't work for you. =)

Well, like I said, what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you. :confused:

Anyway, this is what I did and it worked, maybe it can help others.

0. Copy the original B162 ROM ("dload"-folder which has two files, UPDATE.APP AND UPDATE_CUST.APP) to the root of your SDCARD

1. Update to B162 by holding down +- keys while turning on the phone

2. After the first reboot, it's giving error messages for not being able to mount this and that...just ignore it and...

--> Wipe data / factory reset --> remove battery

3. Update the B162 again --> this time everything should go OK, if so, your phone is back to stock B162 and you're ready to use it or update a custom rom (just install Clockwork recovery like you used to and start from there)

The last point (3) may be unnecessary, but I did so just to make sure everything's ok.

Edit: OK, and I meant b162, not b160... :mad: