Cheapest way to fix glass with hairline cracks

Search This thread

ehBrY

The glass on my T989 have had scratches for the last month. It hasn't gotten worse, but I really want to get it fixed, because its starting to really get to me. I'm weighing my options, it seems it would be too costly, and I plan on rather spending money on getting a SG3 at full retail. Should I repair this, and sell it, or sell it as is on craigs list? What would be the most cost effective way? I notice there are OEM original glass replacements on ebay for like 10-15 dollars but don't know how to replace it myself. How much would it be to get a professional to do it? What price would I be able to sell it at on craigslist just to sell it as is? I'm not sure what I should do, any suggestions would help. Theres like 6 hair thin crack lines spread in a circular pattern about 2 cm apart on the top half of the screen. Any suggestions appreciated thanks!

fmartine

Feb 7, 2012
Ive been meaning to post up a tutorial but I did it for myself...it was simple but Replacing the screen on this phone for some scratches is not the best option though as its an expensive screen

Btw the screen and the digitizer are one peice... Or at least very well glued together

Isnt there some type of 'scratch filler' thing that you rub into the scratches?

Try on of these ideas
http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/Glass_Repair

Sent from my SGH-T989

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335474936007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335474936007.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 856
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335475122077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335475122077.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 864
Last edited:

DrHero

Jan 10, 2011
Charleston SC
Cellulardr.com

They can fix it, they handle my phone's screen and USB port in about a week.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

AaronPauley

Jul 10, 2010
Vacaville
Are they scratches or cracks? Big difference.

I had a few thin, semi-deep scratches on my screen a while back. I put a dab of white, semi-gritty toothpaste on the scratches themselves, and buffed it into the scratches with a dry towel corner until all residue was gone, then repeated. Did it about 4-5 times and lines were almost entirely buffed out. Can no longer feel lines and can only see when looking extremely close for them. Phone smelled good to boot! Haha!

Cracks... that's a whole another issue.

Best,
AP

fmartine

Feb 7, 2012
Omg what happened!?!?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Phone was plugged into my laptop and I was using it while I sat on the floor and the laptop was on my nightstand... I got up to close the laptop lid and it fell...unfortunately the corner of the laptop hit the screen... I spent 175 for the replacement screen and fixed it myself

Sent from my SGH-T989

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Phone was plugged into my laptop and I was using it while I sat on the floor and the laptop was on my nightstand... I got up to close the laptop lid and it fell...unfortunately the corner of the laptop hit the screen... I spent 175 for the replacement screen and fixed it myself

Sent from my SGH-T989

Holy crap $175?! I'm assuming you didn't have insurance? The deductible is only $130.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

mike3394

Apr 23, 2012
Boston
I notice there are OEM original glass replacements on ebay for like 10-15 dollars but don't know how to replace it myself. How much would it be to get a professional to do it?
Replacing the screen is very easy. There are tutorials online to follow. I've replaced my screen once, I think anyone can do it. Don't pay someone to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts