[Q] Jtfletmo Stuck In Dev Loop?

Search This thread

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
No not a boot loop, this is really a question to devs in disguise.

So as a general question is S4 new development kinda dead atm?

It seems with the release of the S5 development was stirred up to make the S4 even more like the S5 than it already was, like ultra power saving mode app, crappy settings (in my op), better icons, a toolbox and stuff. But it seems that development has slowed a tad in the realm of new Roms, with new features. Have we hit a limit in how far we can go?

Please take this with no disrespect, i love all of your roms. I'm simply a crack-flasher and always come back looking for something new and for the last couple of months the same roms have been on the front page, throughout here and the international version.

I mean other than the "nexus experience" or basically another AOSP rom that flys of the front page in a day.

Again no disrespect at all! :) just wondering if there are any other new roms coming soon with some new stuff to play with, its what i doo.

actually testing the colorOS rom atm >.> from a different section

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
No not a boot loop, this is really a question to devs in disguise.

So as a general question is S4 new development kinda dead atm?

It seems with the release of the S5 development was stirred up to make the S4 even more like the S5 than it already was, like ultra power saving mode app, crappy settings (in my op), better icons, a toolbox and stuff. But it seems that development has slowed a tad in the realm of new Roms, with new features. Have we hit a limit in how far we can go?

Please take this with no disrespect, i love all of your roms. I'm simply a crack-flasher and always come back looking for something new and for the last couple of months the same roms have been on the front page, throughout here and the international version.

I mean other than the "nexus experience" or basically another AOSP rom that flys of the front page in a day.

Again no disrespect at all! :) just wondering if there are any other new roms coming soon with some new stuff to play with, its what i doo.

actually testing the colorOS rom atm >.> from a different section

Are you referring to touchwiz or aosp? I'm guessing touchwiz. If so, making touchwiz ROMs call for a lot of reverse engineering. Which is more of a pain then working with source code. Especially anything to do with smali. Because smali isn't even an actual programming code like java, C, C++ ect.