The [GT-I9505][Leaked firmware] I9505XXUFNA1 (Android 4.4) - Open Europe (OXA) [10-01

Search This thread

neo4uo

Nov 27, 2010
Alabama
The gt-i9005 has a leaked fireware of 4.4. I hope that we get in the next two or there months!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2465713

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium

I just downloaded :)

Has anyone tried unzipping it and rezipping without the bootloader, etc and tried flashing it rather than using odin and replacing the bootloader everything? I am working on that as we speak, just wondering if someone has done it already and what their experience was as far as what worked. I imagine there will be some issues with wifi or what not.

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH

Has anyone tried unzipping it and rezipping without the bootloader, etc and tried flashing it rather than using odin and replacing the bootloader everything? I am working on that as we speak, just wondering if someone has done it already and what their experience was as far as what worked. I imagine there will be some issues with wifi or what not.

If you're on i337 you cannot flash it through Odin, not authorized... I have been tinkering with putting together a zip to flash via recovery...but I'm a novice and couldn't get past the boot animation with sound...:(

Reactions: greekunit690

neo4uo

Nov 27, 2010
Alabama
If you're on i337 you cannot flash it through Odin, not authorized... I have been tinkering with putting together a zip to flash via recovery...but I'm a novice and couldn't get past the boot animation with sound...:(

I was working on it the other day and just got to busy. There is a rom already in the I9505 thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2555569

The only catch is from what I have read that the Wifi will not work unless you odin the leak first. For some reason it seems that you have to have the new leaked bootloader. I have talked to a couple of the people that made a zip flash keeping the bootloader we are on, but no wifi. I stopped working on making a zip after I found that out. I have thought about using odin to flash the leak then flashing the Rom from the link above, but am not sure if I would be able to go back to the roms that I am running on the old bootloader. I am just going to wait until some people that knows what they are are doing picks the leak apart more. Anywho if you are interested goto that thread above and do some reading. I personally am just going to stay away until we know more about the new bootloader. I know that the leak can be rooted though because chainfire released an update specifically for the 4.4.2 leak.

Reactions: dajj

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH
I was working on it the other day and just got to busy. There is a rom already in the I9505 thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2555569

The only catch is from what I have read that the Wifi will not work unless you odin the leak first. For some reason it seems that you have to have the new leaked bootloader. I have talked to a couple of the people that made a zip flash keeping the bootloader we are on, but no wifi. I stopped working on making a zip after I found that out. I have thought about using odin to flash the leak then flashing the Rom from the link above, but am not sure if I would be able to go back to the roms that I am running on the old bootloader. I am just going to wait until some people that knows what they are are doing picks the leak apart more. Anywho if you are interested goto that thread above and do some reading. I personally am just going to stay away until we know more about the new bootloader. I know that the leak can be rooted though because chainfire released an update specifically for the 4.4.2 leak.

I did try flashing with Odin a day ago, I'm assuming since the Download Mode has "No authorization" it's due to the locked bootloader we have. About 10% into the flash it fails with an authorization error... I'm going to look into that thread to see if I can learn more...trial and error is a great learning tool for me :)

Downloading now to try it out. The updated link for that referenced rom is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372286...

Last edited:

neo4uo

Nov 27, 2010
Alabama
I did try flashing with Odin a day ago, I'm assuming since the Download Mode has "No authorization" it's due to the locked bootloader we have. About 10% into the flash it fails with an authorization error... I'm going to look into that thread to see if I can learn more...trial and error is a great learning tool for me :)

Downloading now to try it out. The updated link for that referenced rom is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372286...

Let us know, or pm and let me know how it goes :)

jonny_blagwind

Mar 15, 2013
known bugs

Hi so far after using for the last two days I notice when holding the home button for open apps what ever you press will always open the last app used and not what you have selected!

Andy the native Samsung e mail app continuously tells me about e mails I've viewed

That is all so far!

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH
Let us know, or pm and let me know how it goes :)

Well after hours of farting around with their build and mine, I pretty much lost interest with the ROM now. Their build definitely has WiFi broken. I'm not sure if it's kernel related or not.

I think I'm with you on waiting for this to improve before using. Besides CM11 with Google Experience Launcher is looking and feeling great this past month...

scalamusical

Sep 19, 2008
Cuenca
hello my friends somebody have one solution for the problem of wifi in rom stock o custom deodex of echoe in 4.4.2... And please can explainme what is the loky patch...? tks for your help and sorry for my english..!

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Loki only has to be flashed on the At&t variant of the S4 after installing a zip that was not an At&t rom. The WiFi issue I believe is from not updating the bootloader via OTA and possibly kernel tweaks as well but it will get there. We have great devs for this device.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium HD app

C13v3r0n3

May 13, 2013
hello my friends somebody have one solution for the problem of wifi in rom stock o custom deodex of echoe in 4.4.2... And please can explainme what is the loky patch...? tks for your help and sorry for my english..!

You need a kernel made from the 4.4.2 source code which has not been released yet for the wifi.

For loki patch on att, download loki-doki, put it on your SD, go to recovery, flash rom,flash loki doki. If you are using a rom made for att chances are the kernel will already be patched.

phil.W

Jul 26, 2009
You need a kernel made from the 4.4.2 source code which has not been released yet for the wifi.

For loki patch on att, download loki-doki, put it on your SD, go to recovery, flash rom,flash loki doki. If you are using a rom made for att chances are the kernel will already be patched.

what kernel were you guys using on the echoe roms? I couldn't get past the boot screen and it hung using the i337m Canadian variant which should be the same as their TMO version minus the leaked bootloader.

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
There is a new NA5 leak out. I am in the I337 and have tried the NA1 leak Roms Indies Omega and Echoe and I always hang up on the boot menu. Guess we will have to wait for the official and the Kernel info for it to work for us.

Last edited:

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
There is a new NA5 leak out. I am in the I337 and have tried the NA1 leak Roms Indies Omega and Echoe and I always hang up on the boot menu. Guess we will have to wait for the official and the Kernel info for it to work for us.

You give me a few hrs, at work right now. I will have this running for att the NA5 base...so stay tuned....

gangsta101

Feb 9, 2007
Brampton
You give me a few hrs, at work right now. I will have this running for att the NA5 base...so stay tuned....

I didn't know there was a nlthread on this on my native device. I Have been posting on the Tmobile thread since the leak first came out.

I also unpacked both Leaks and repacked only their respective boot, system and cache files and successfully flashed via Odin. the cool part was that I didn't lose root and only needed to add the new supersu. I had a titanium backup zip which I also flashed.
the problems are as follows
1. No WiFi. attempting to flash KT kernel bricked it. had to start all over
2. Security settings caused a FC. so couldn't enable installation from unknown sources.
3. Restoring user apps using Titanium backup (after freezing all Knox apps) worked. but adding any system apps caused a bad series of forced closures
so unless u have got an unlimited data plan, this is just something to play around with for now it would seem

gangsta101

Feb 9, 2007
Brampton
Last edited:
Reactions: guerouig

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The gt-i9005 has a leaked fireware of 4.4. I hope that we get in the next two or there months!

I didn't know there was a nlthread on this on my native device. I Have been posting on the Tmobile thread since the leak first came out.

I also unpacked both Leaks and repacked only their respective boot, system and cache files and successfully flashed via Odin. the cool part was that I didn't lose root and only needed to add the new supersu. I had a titanium backup zip which I also flashed.
    the problems are as follows
    1. No WiFi. attempting to flash KT kernel bricked it. had to start all over
    2. Security settings caused a FC. so couldn't enable installation from unknown sources.
    3. Restoring user apps using Titanium backup (after freezing all Knox apps) worked. but adding any system apps caused a bad series of forced closures
    so unless u have got an unlimited data plan, this is just something to play around with for now it would seem