[Q] Possible to root 4.1.2 sch-i925 tablet on Verizon?

Search This thread

tauntt

Sep 11, 2010
Hello. I have a sch-i925 Verizon tablet on 4.1.2, Is it possible to root this device on the Android version? If so how?

tselling

Dec 12, 2006
Last edited:

tauntt

Sep 11, 2010

tselling

Dec 12, 2006
Yep you were correct. I downloaded the 1.78 version and it worked. Thanks a lot.

I am glad it worked for you. I am a little nervous about this root method since I don't know how it works, and that if I uninstall the Kinguser Superuser.apk then I lose root so I cannot use a different Superuser app. I don't know if this method puts us at risk for someone getting into our tablets without our knowledge. However, VRoot is the only root method that I have found to work for the i925 with VRAMK1 firmware.

Last edited:

tselling

Dec 12, 2006
I am glad it worked for you. I am a little nervous about this root method since I don't know how it works, and that if I uninstall the Kinguser Superuser.apk then I lose root so I cannot use a different Superuser app. I don't know if this method puts us at risk for someone getting into our tablets without our knowledge. However, VRoot is the only root method that I have found to work for the i925 with VRAMK1 firmware.

I think I have a way to completely clean VRoot off the i925 and replace their Kinguser superuser app with Chainfire's SuperSU. The method is based on MrW0lf''s posted method but I had to modifiy for VRoot version 1.7.8 and the i925. Unzip the cleanvr.zip and put the cleanvr folder on your sdcard. Then you can adb into the i925 and su. Go into the cleanvr directory and do the command "/system/bin/sh ./root.sh". This should hopefully clean out VRoot. Don't forget to uninstall VRoot on your PC with something like IOBitUninstaller.

Attachments

• cleanvr.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 164

JaeTazzCee

Jun 1, 2012
Snellville
Did you use Root Explorer to do this? I rooted using iroot 1.7.9 (non-English) and want to keep root but clear out he madness. Can you walk me through how you did what you did? Not trying to be funny but I just don't want to brick this thing.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using XDA Free mobile app

nchall

Jan 5, 2011
It would seem that if we could get a system image of the FW previous to 4.1.2 MK1 that we could revert to that through Odin and then unlock the bootloader, no?