[ROM] Black Ice - Stable.2 06/22/2011

Search This thread

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
Team Whiskey presnts Bionix Black Ice.
This ROM was 1st thought of by me for the Samsung Vibrant just after I released Bionix Frost.
I wanted to bring some flavor to the table, and with that, I have brought Black Ice.

black1u.png
black2v.png
black3.png
black4y.png

Code:
Change Log:
VOODOO!
Red CWM
Cwm built into the kernel. No need for Update.zip
Fixed Battery Meter
Fixed Music Control on Glass Lock Screen

NEW INSTRUCTIONS!
Place Zip on SD
Reboot into recovery
Do the mounting stuff (LAST TIME HAVING TO DO THIS CRAP!)
Flash the zip
This will convert you to RFS
Once flashing is done go back to the main CWM menu
Go to Advanced
Reboot Recovery
RED CWM!
Go to voodoo menu
make sure lagfix says enabled
make sure system lagfix says enabled
Go back to the main menu
reboot
Listen to sweet Linda talk to you and enjoy Voodoo Lagfix

OLD Instructions:
Make sure you have CWM Final installed.
ODIN to KD1 for best results. This will remove any Gremlins that might my waiting for a midnight snack.
Put the zip on your SD
Boot into CWM.
Go to mounts and storage.
mounts should look like this
Unmount cache
Mount data
Mount sdcard
Unmount system
Install zip from sd card
select the zip and flash.
Once done, reboot, and let it sit for 10 minutes
reboot once, and you are good to go.

EXT4 Compatible,
Bali 2.1
KD1 Modem

Features
FUGU Tweaks
Whitehawkx's Lockscreen/power/clock mod
Init tweaks
Framework Tweaks
Mr. Apoc Black Knight Theme Ported by me
And probably more

Download:
Black Ice
Mirror:
Bionix Black Ice Mirror

EDIT:
for those saying that system is unavil, not sure why its doing that. So far, 2 people reported. 1 is coming from that damn GB leak that needs to be deleted off this fourm.

boot back into CWM, adb push this file http://www.mediafire.com/?72m54q4brqv2tjp to your SD. Flash Black Ice, then before you reboot recovery, flash that file, then reboot the phone.
It should boot you into the system now.

Last edited:

caleoss

May 23, 2009
what steps should i take if i just installed test version earlier? any wipes or anything or redo ext4 covert, stuff like that.. thanks

Djveneko

Feb 22, 2011
I know it might be a dumb question but Do I still have to odin kd1 if I already have it installed?
Edit: nvm
Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

yentlequible

Dec 1, 2010
Kaysville, Utah
I am on the Gingerbread ROM so would I need to do a special procedure in order to go back to Froyo? Because didn't Gingerbread change the boot files or something like that?

Could you please let me know? Thanks!

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas
I am on the Gingerbread ROM so would I need to do a special procedure in order to go back to Froyo? Because didn't Gingerbread change the boot files or something like that?

Could you please let me know? Thanks!

if you have booting into recovery issues then yes, you will need to flash the KC1 cleanup linked in the GB Recooked thread in the OP. From there you are fine, just note that rom does not contain root, so flash another rom via odin until you can get CWM on your phone.

Reactions: yentlequible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Whiskey presnts Bionix Black Ice.
    This ROM was 1st thought of by me for the Samsung Vibrant just after I released Bionix Frost.
    I wanted to bring some flavor to the table, and with that, I have brought Black Ice.

black1u.png
    black2v.png
    black3.png
    black4y.png

Code:
    Change Log:
    VOODOO!
    Red CWM
    Cwm built into the kernel. No need for Update.zip
    Fixed Battery Meter
    Fixed Music Control on Glass Lock Screen

NEW INSTRUCTIONS!
    Place Zip on SD
    Reboot into recovery
    Do the mounting stuff (LAST TIME HAVING TO DO THIS CRAP!)
    Flash the zip
    This will convert you to RFS
    Once flashing is done go back to the main CWM menu
    Go to Advanced
    Reboot Recovery
    RED CWM!
    Go to voodoo menu
    make sure lagfix says enabled
    make sure system lagfix says enabled
    Go back to the main menu
    reboot
    Listen to sweet Linda talk to you and enjoy Voodoo Lagfix

OLD Instructions:
    Make sure you have CWM Final installed.
    ODIN to KD1 for best results. This will remove any Gremlins that might my waiting for a midnight snack.
    Put the zip on your SD
    Boot into CWM.
    Go to mounts and storage.
    mounts should look like this
    Unmount cache
    Mount data
    Mount sdcard
    Unmount system
    Install zip from sd card
    select the zip and flash.
    Once done, reboot, and let it sit for 10 minutes
    reboot once, and you are good to go.

EXT4 Compatible,
    Bali 2.1
    KD1 Modem

Features
    FUGU Tweaks
    Whitehawkx's Lockscreen/power/clock mod
    Init tweaks
    Framework Tweaks
    Mr. Apoc Black Knight Theme Ported by me
    And probably more

Download:
    Black Ice
    Mirror:
    Bionix Black Ice Mirror

EDIT:
    for those saying that system is unavil, not sure why its doing that. So far, 2 people reported. 1 is coming from that damn GB leak that needs to be deleted off this fourm.

boot back into CWM, adb push this file http://www.mediafire.com/?72m54q4brqv2tjp to your SD. Flash Black Ice, then before you reboot recovery, flash that file, then reboot the phone.
    It should boot you into the system now.
    I really like the status bar for black ice.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
    How long does the conversion take. 10 minutes already and still at the gs4g boot screen.

got all positive voices when flashing and rebooting, but everything is at a stand still.

It will probably remain there too I got diffrent positive responses from linda with that method too but it just sat there. I'll help you out here is what I did to get black ice working. Credit to RaverX3X for the original post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15272567&postcount=546.

Odin a prerooted rom (I used WhiteHawxs KD1: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1063696).

Wait till the phone reboots into bdn and then reboot and allow the phone to boot up.

After you allow the phone to boot restart it and put it in recovery mode. (Vol Up+Vol Dn+Power) If you used WhiteHawxs KD1 it has quick boot which would also get you straight to recovery. Once in bdn recovery do the update from sd to load update.zip and orange CWM. If you used WhiteHawxs KD1 this will work however if it didn't work you need to find go to the CWM final thread and download and push recovery.bin to replace the one on the phone.

Once in orange CWM flash this CWM rom remember to check mounts first (Unmount, Mount, Mount, Unmount): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106822 (T959VUVKD1_Deodexed_U1.zip). Follow the instructions on the thread that means doing the data wipe/factory reset and the cache wipe first and then flashing the T959VUVKD1_Deodexed_U1.zip file.

Allow that to reboot fully into the rom and then reboot again and into bdn one more time(Vol Up+Vol Dn+Power) and load up CWM with the update.zip and simply flash black ice remembering to check mounts again prior to flashing(Unmount, Mount, Mount, Unmount). Reboot don't bother with the reboot into recovery and voodoo lag fix yet.

Linda should say something like backing up system partition and estimated time 2 minutes. If you hear that you will have black ice.
    what steps should i take if i just installed test version earlier? any wipes or anything or redo ext4 covert, stuff like that.. thanks

you might have to redo ext4...
    so if we're already running kd1 with ext4 converter, we don't have to redo ext4?

try it, if you are still ext4 after flashing, then no, and I'll add that to the OP