Rcmix3d q&a

Search This thread

wec1974

Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta, Ga.
RCMix 4.0

I LOVE this rom! I got started on Core Droid so I am partial to there roms. But I have the current version CD 9.3 that even borrowed tweaks from RC and honestly even though RC said it was done with the inspire I may have to switch back until CD or someone can do something above and beyone RC Mix 4.0. Oh and BTW I used RCMix 11 kernal with the UV script and it has amazing battery life but the UV script is a must.

diddyof2h2h

Apr 1, 2012
update

i have this rom on my phone went to update today and somehow it wont let me download the latest version?

aEx155

May 27, 2011
I recently screwed up flashing my ROM and I was unhappy with the previous ROM I had (AR 7.0.3) because of the lack of camcorder function.

I'd like to read more about this ROM but I don't have the 10 post minimum and therefore cannot search the thread for answers...Does the camcorder work on this ROM for the latest version?

ronnie498

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2010
I recently screwed up flashing my ROM and I was unhappy with the previous ROM I had (AR 7.0.3) because of the lack of camcorder function.

I'd like to read more about this ROM but I don't have the 10 post minimum and therefore cannot search the thread for answers...Does the camcorder work on this ROM for the latest version?

The camcorder does work in v4.0

aEx155

May 27, 2011
Is there information on this ROM hosted anywhere else? I still can't access the development thread.

ridethisbike

Sep 30, 2011
having camera issues. tried a couple different camera apps. it started hit or miss and is now every single time, but when i take a picture, the phone just turns off. any ideas? i don't have an issue altering files myself, so long as coding isn't involved unless there is step by step along with it.

it's been happening for a while. i didn't mind before but now i find myself wanting to take more pictures and the only thing i have handy is my phone. i have made changes, flashed ROMs then restored a back up (when i do i treat it as a fresh install), but i couldn't tell you after WHICH change it truly started happening

Last edited:

droid73

May 10, 2012
frankfort,IN
jclawncareservice.webs.com
i tried to flash Rcmix3d runny v2.2....but after first boot i was stuck on htc boot screen for sm HOURS....then i decided to try diff ROM, then i flashed Virtuous Unity v2.39 and i was successful.....so what would be problem with rcmix and i tried evrythng from clearing, redownloading, etc

have you tried v4.o?

hear is my post with it.. cant get it on rom manager anymore.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658161

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

how can i download the new runny 4.0?
hear is my post with the download link for v4.o

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

i see there are a few who are trying to get this version and are having no luck.

i have posted a thread with a download link for v4.0.

RCMix Team no longer is doing any work or updates to this rom..this is the very last of RCMix3D.

enjoy.

djcrab

May 28, 2012
small problems

New to flashing ROMs and such. SO far this one has been awesome and I'm enjoying it way more than stock. Just flashed last night and the only problem that I have noticed so far has to do with my home screens/tabs. I know how to rotate my screens around when they are all minimized by tapping the home button and also how to delete them. I've taken 2 off bring me to a total of 5 screens. My problems are that the full screen task widget will not save the screen after a reboot and also the screens that I deleted pop back up after reboot as blanks. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

xxkid123

Jun 13, 2012
Edit:

Had an issue, now it's resolved.

If you're getting random FC's when certain apps try to access the internet, or random reboots, disable OC or UV scripts. Thanks to Towboat_man for the tip :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flashed 3.3 earlier today with 4EXT. Make sure you do a clean install first,
    Format data, Format Cache, Clean install. Spend time with Family (optional)

:D
    I would wipe again and wipe system also. You can also use Mike1986's superwipe script. It will wipe everything and format it to ext4, which most roms are nowadays. When it is finished it will check for errors on your partitions. It is a nice easy way to wipe and format. It will not touch your external sd card. Version 3.3 of this rom does not wipe at all. The next version will. Normally I wipe system, cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory restore, but like I said, the script is a nice easy way to do the same thing. I would also check the MD5 sum for your rom download to make sure that you have a good file. I have attached both the superwipe script and a program that you can use to check MD5 checksums for downloads. Use the superwipe script in recovery. Use the MD5 program on a Windows computer. Copy and paste the MD5 sum that is given for the download and then browse and select the downloaded rom or file.
    Sorry but that is what isnt happening. It plays some generic sound for my email instead.

I'm not sure if you read my question entirely...

My current notification sound is "Sonic Ring" (its the sound effect when sonic collects a ring).

Anyone else have any ideas?

there are two ways to change the default notification sound, one is Menu > Settings > Sound > Notification sound

The other is Menu > Settings > Personalize > (this is where it gets tricky) There is a tab at the bottom that says Sound (press it) Then you tap Notification sound and it shows you the screen below (see attached). Then tap Email and change it to what you want.

which way are you trying?
    A zip can be created to be flashed in recovery, or if you don't have a zip to flash you could rename the animation to htc_bootanimation and replace the one in data/local using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium app.
    Well, if you are asking then I do not believe that you are overclocked. You would have had to change things yourself. Any new apps installed or have you done anything different? If not then reboot your phone and try to monitor it and see if it does it again. It could have just been a weird fluke.