[THEME][CM11/10.x] BetterKat CM11 Theme (Various Colors)

Search This thread

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
Why yes, I think it might just be. I still like BetterKat better (darker all around) but that one looks like it's possibly the sort of thing I'm looking for right now. Thank you. EDIT: Gave it a shot since it's on sale. It is a little brighter (namely the reds are brighter) but overall very nice. Thanks again, I think this will hold me just fine.

Last edited:

dan13l3

May 1, 2013
Rome
I have another bug with Betterkat (paid vers.) both SwiftKey keyboard.
After turned on the device, SwiftKey notice me there isn't any language installed! [emoji15]

I have no problems with other themes [emoji54]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
Honestly, that one is brighter than you'd think from the screenshots. Also, those icons are horrible! (Especially the button bar icons.) It's too bad since I like that it even makes text and icons red (though a relatively bright almost orangish red) but that's pretty much all I liked. It's definitely nothing like BetterKat Red to me. I think I'll stick with FireChilli for now.

Last edited:

MySGSAndMe

Feb 7, 2012
Unfortunately, it definitely does look like the dialer is being troublesome lately. I'm not getting force closes, but here's the latest with the 4.4.4 dialer on BetterKat Red X (paid) on CyanogenMod 06/30 if it makes a difference:

Same here on 4.4.4
Do you guys think that we get an update on this theme? For me it is the best dark blue theme in market.

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
Only the author can tell you that. The way I see it though, there are two possibilities. Either he's temporarily (or worse, not temporarily but permanently) abandoning it, or perhaps he's rewriting from scratch to use the new theme engine which can do a lot more than the old one could. (I'm already seeing that other theme which was suggested to me doing some neat stuff all around the system with system icons and such -- not launcher icons which anything can do, but icons for things like various settings. In particular, a lot of things are more rounded than used to be. Overall IMO it's pretty nice.)

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mew789

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

I installed latest cm11 with nova launcher and betterkat. But I have a problem :

Rootexplorer icon is blue on app drawer and black with a R letter in the application itself.

Would it be possible to have this icon un PNG format ?

Thanks

dan13l3

May 1, 2013
Rome
Hi guys!

Someone know if this project is abandoned? ?

dan13l3

May 1, 2013
Rome
It would not be correct for those (like me...) who have paid to support the developer ?

Reactions: fradbari

bkuri

Nov 25, 2012
Mexico City
Maybe the author could consider releasing the source code, considering that a lot of us actually paid for this and it doesn't look like there will be updates coming anytime soon...

Mordar

Sep 11, 2012
Anyone know of a theme like this that fully themes a lot of apps to dark? So far i think this theme was the only one that did so

BrunoNRG

Feb 6, 2012
I installed BetterKat CM11 Theme Green, but the dialer only shows letters not numbers... Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance

Edit: It happens with all Blackout1911 themes, no matter which color I choose...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-19-00-48-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-19-00-48-44.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
Uhm, in case you haven't noticed all the people saying it, that's probably because the theme hasn't been updated since long before the new dialer.

Maybe the author could consider releasing the source code, considering that a lot of us actually paid for this and it doesn't look like there will be updates coming anytime soon...
You realize he hasn't checked back in in ages? You're pretty much telling the wrong people... Besides, at this point it no longer really applies. Everything it touches has changed since the last update at this point. Even the theme system itself is now different. Themes don't exactly use a "source" per se as they aren't actually apps. As far as I know anyone can use the same methods as they are fairly well known, but the problem lies in actually having to do all that and deal with the apps changing every week or so.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Wish the dev comes back :(. i really love this theme :(

Forget it. Blue infinitum, my favourite one as the same destiny (at least you can see the numbers in the dialer). That's the only thing I hate in KK. Almost all the black&blue themes worth to use (like blackout & blue infinitum) started to disappear when KK started. A freaking wave of white themes (almost all of them are the same with tiny differences). I'm so sick of white:laugh: And for sure you can expect the same wave to lollipop. It is a pity, for amoled devices like mine.

stefan_city

Apr 4, 2011
How I can untheme play store? With latest version, it's something between black and white, looks very bad.

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
I don't believe there's any way to disable it for specific apps. Unfortunately, as you'll see if you look over the past several pages, this theme is dead. The author hasn't released any updates or said anything in ages and it hasn't even been updated for the new theme system, so this theme is basically completely dead in the water. All we can do is move on to other themes at this point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BetterKat CM11/10.x Theme for Theme Chooser

rv2p39

FEATURES
    • black backgrounds / complete black themed apps (see list)
    • 4.4 Kitkat look
    • highly optimized Filesize
    • most complete Theme on store
    • may save some battery on AMOLED-Screens

THEMED APPS
    While free Version only just themes most System Apps, X-Version will theme this:
    aCalendar, Adobe Reader, Airdroid, ADW Launcher (+ex), Carbon Backup, Dolphin Browser, Dropbox, Ebay, Evernote, Eyeem, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, FalconPro, Firefox/-beta, Greenify, Google Books, Google Chrome (+Beta), Google Currents, Google Drive, Google Ears, Google Keep, Google Plus, Google Talk, Google Translate, Google Videos, gReader/-pro, Hackers Keyboard, Hotmail, IMDb, Instagram, Kik Messenger, Now Playing, Opera Beta Pandora Radio, Paypal, Pixlr, Plume for Twitter, Rom Toolbox, Root Browser/-lite, Skype, Sleep as Android, Snapseed, Solid Explorer, Soundhound, Swype [classic Design], Tapatalk/-HD, Tasker, Torque (+pro), Twitter, Ubermusic, USAA, VLC Player, Whatsapp, XDA-Developers/-premium, Youtube.

FAQ
    • "This theme is missing assets for your devices screen"-Error
    -> Press "Apply Anyways".
    • 'improperly compiled'-Error
    -> Apply System Theme, reboot, apply Theme again. Or goto settings->apps->all, find "Theme Chooser" and clear data/cache.
    • Whatsapp gray on gray input text
    -> unfortunately not fixable. You may try Whatsapp+ (just google for it as links are not allowed anymore)
    • black on black text in SMS/MMS
    -> try flashing this: http://goo.gl/rk3K2
    • Email app is ****ed up
    -> flash 4.4 Email
    • do NOT use 'Inverted gapps' or 'blacked out'-apps from others

ADDONS/FIXES & VERSION HISTORY
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980461

COLOR CODES
    cyan: #00dddd
    green: #93d534
    orange: #e6a82f
    purple: #9933ff
    red: #ff0000

DOWNLOADS
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Blackout1911

Enjoy.
    hi guys,

sorry for beeing rarely these days but i am moving to another apartment and there is much to do.
    But when i'm finished moving i'll be back in business (hope to be finished within 1-2 weeks).
    thank you for beein patient guys!! :)

i've read your posts and emails (even if i havent answered you) and tried to fix most things (that were possible to fix!) so here you go:

Version 4.7
    - improvements on Chrome, Dialer, Google Keyboard, Email/Gmail compose screen, Play Store, Statusbar, System, Calculator
    - themed CM11-"Documents"
    - UPDATED Hangouts&Calendar flashable zips
    - UPDATED FAQ
    - some other fixes

there are still some apps to update and i've got so little time for it so i hope you can stick with this for a while. smaller bugfix-releases are possible!
    forgot to post update info last time so here comes both

Version 4.7.3
    - some more fixes in several apps

Version 4.7.2
    - themed Cyanogenmod GalleryNext
    - fixes on PlayStore, Dialer, Google+

BTW: sorry for not beeing active for a long time, yes i am still alive but very busy in private life. i'll try not to let my themes get that dilapidated again.
    also i hope to get new possibilities with the new theme engine so that some of the not-fixable-bugs may be fixed in near future
    i build up my computer on my dads home to push another update. hope its getting better again. unfortunately there are some bugs that cannot be fixed... for example the google+ spinner menu. nevertheless i hope you enjoy.

Version 4.4
    - fix skype
    - fixes on updated Keep, Youtube, Google+, Google Books, Google Videos
    - Themed Play Games
    - fix white background on Contact search
    (Please dont blame me for not updating or not answering your mails directly, my home internet connection is dead and will hopefully be fixed within the next two weeks.)