Section for the LG Optimus One P500

Search This thread

drellisdee

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Hey, I just flashed (no bootloader =( ) the custom recovery, during flash everything ok.
Starting in recovery (with quickboot) I have a lot of white strings telling sthg like this:
E:Missing bitmap indeterminate4
(code -7)
and
E:Bad boot message

I tried enabling usb-ms toggle, it looks like it's really enabling but it's not actually and recovery freeze there.

For fixes, ask me logs and all that you need =)

EDIT: Keys are right, only power= select isn't working. It's working if you long-press it.
Nandroid doesn't work (maybe because of the power-select button problem?):
when selected nand backup it asks for confirmation (press power to confirm or any other key to abort) -> when I press (long-press too) on power, it always aborts.

EDIT2: Here are the key codes:
vol+=115
vol-=114
power=107
power long-press= 116
home= 102
settings=139
back=158

Hope it will be useful ^^

Thanks for the info. Ill try to work on it as soon as time permits.

Can you post the output of mount & df done from terminal or adb shell.

Can you test nandroid from adb shell in recovery?

Run command nandroid-mobile.sh from shell.

Last edited:

alahkel

May 25, 2008
Thanks for the info. Ill try to work on it as soon as time permits.

Can you post the output of mount & df done from terminal or adb shell.

Can you test nandroid from adb shell in recovery?

Run command nandroid-mobile.sh from shell.

I think I was right :) Nandroid made by adb shell worked like a charm, everything ok.
Tomorrow I'll post the outputs you asked for.
Thx

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
Hi! I followed your instructions and I think I correctly installed your recovery, but I can't find out how to start the phone in recovery...

alahkel

May 25, 2008
Ok, here's the log too =)

Attachments

• alogcat.2010-11-15-16-59-59+0100.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 24

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Ok here is test2 of recovery.

recovery-thunderg-test2.img.zip

Unzip and flash per directions in orig post. Be sure to change to the updated name.

Keys: up & down = vol up & down
select = search
backup = back

Sd card mstoggle will need some work and I'm waiting on the mount and df output from shell from inside android os not recovery.

To test flashing from recovery I have a test file that will add a file named test_flash_file in system/bin. All flashable zips must be in root of sdcard.

Please post feedback and reference my original post for more info.

Ps. alahkel there is an option move recovery log to sd use that as the logact had nothing useful.

Attachments

• signed_test_flash.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

alahkel

May 25, 2008

recovery-thunderg-test2.img.zip

Unzip and flash per directions in orig post. Be sure to change to the updated name.

Keys: up & down = vol up & down
select = search
backup = back

Sd card mstoggle will need some work and I'm waiting on the mount and df output from shell from inside android os not recovery.

To test flashing from recovery I have a test file that will add a file named test_flash_file in system/bin. All flashable zips must be in root of sdcard.

Ps. alahkel there is an option move recovery log to sd use that as the logact had nothing useful.

Ok, I will try your recovery v2 later and post the log you asked for with recovery option. Thx again, you're making us so happy =)

fughy

Feb 3, 2010

I have installed your TEST2 and it work well.

Here is my recovery.log, hope can help.

I have flashed the test file, but there is no new file in system/bin , but maybe i done something wrong. I will try again the next time.

Only 1 thing, i have selected USB-Toggle but the phone never answer me back and the only thing seem to work was pull off the battery.

Grat work drellisdee ... go on :)

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 10

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
I have installed your TEST2 and it work well.

Here is my recovery.log, hope can help.

I have flashed the test file, but there is no new file in system/bin , but maybe i done something wrong. I will try again the next time.

Only 1 thing, i have selected USB-Toggle but the phone never answer me back and the only thing seem to work was pull off the battery.

Grat work drellisdee ... go on :)

Thanks for the test. What did it output to screen when you flashed the test zip?

I need the output from adb shell from phone booted into android of

Code:
mount

df

to try to fix the usb mass storage mount in recovery.

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for the test. What did it output to screen when you flashed the test zip?

Code:
mount

df

for some reason my previous post ended up before your posts.

Please, can you tell us how to actually boot into your recovery? thanks!

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
for some reason my previous post ended up before your posts.

Please, can you tell us how to actually boot into your recovery? thanks!
you guys must find the correct key combo. the key combo did nothing on the lg ally until it was a custom recovery on device for us it would send key plus menu key plus power key

else use the command adb reboot recovery

fughy

Feb 3, 2010

Code:
mount

df

Here is the output of Mount & DF.

no output when i have flashed the TEST file, but now i try again for a better test.

Thank you for your work ...

Attachments

• Mount_DF.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 14

fughy

Feb 3, 2010
Here is the recovery.log of the session with the test of flashing TEST.

After pressing search for confirmation of flash the phone return to menu with no info.

searching in recovery.log there are the messages i have seen but i don't see nothing on the result of flash, maybe you know what's wrong.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 10

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Please give me a adb shell in full android of

ls /dev/block/mmcblk*

also.

It seems that sdcard is not mmcblk0 and thats why flash failed and issues with mstoggle.

Last edited:

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
something like this ?

Code:
# ls /dev/block/mmcblk*
ls /dev/block/mmcblk*
/dev/block/mmcblk0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Thanks. Can someone confirm this above was done booted in android and not in recovery?

This section from your init.thunderg.rc makes me think that sdcard might be mmcblk1
as this is for a partition 10 & 11 on mmcblk0 :

Code:
service rmt_storage /system/bin/rmt_storage /dev/block/mmcblk0p10 /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    user root
    disabled

Else its making partitions on sdcard. Can someone check stock sdcard partitions with gparted under linux?

Ill be online in about 1hr about 9pm est. Join #opt1dev on freenode and ill see if we can get it working tonight.

edit: well it seems no one is on try this one.

Here is test3. Don't mess with mstoggle for now untill AFTER you have tried test flashing a zip.
Test3.zip

Last edited:

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
Hi, I managed to install your zip now.

output:

Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Copying files...

Install from sdcard complete.

EDIT - oh, and I did a Nand backup but I dare not try to restore it unless you're positive it's completely safe ;)
EDIT2 - mounting is still wrong ;) I can't see anything in windows, and when I try to mount /sd-ext, I have to unmount /cache afterwards ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own a USA tmobile p509 (optimus t) that upon power on would just be stuck on the LG logo. Phone was unable to get to recovery mode and could only boot to emergency mode. After many different ways of attacking the problem biggest issue was that the LGMobile suite of programs did not have the recovery image available. Next step was playing around with the KDZ program, again no p509 kdz files available. I talked myself into flashing a european KDZ rom in CS_EMERGENCY mode. Now the phone will not turn on. 99.9% sure its toast without a JTAG now.
    I think the right firmware for your smartphone has always been available here:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509BK/ATMOBK/V10l_00/V10L_00.kdz

But if you can't get into emergency mode, I don't know how you can flash it on the phone. :(