[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - VIVOW Milestone 4

Search This thread

seventystangfan

Jun 26, 2011
Lately I cant get my screen to come back on after it turns off the first time in this ROM :-( Earlier builds it was fine but now nothing other than softkeys light up. I read somewhere it was a kernel issue but I can't seem to find the proper one to use...

Reactions: RegnierD

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Lately I cant get my screen to come back on after it turns off the first time in this ROM :-( Earlier builds it was fine but now nothing other than softkeys light up. I read somewhere it was a kernel issue but I can't seem to find the proper one to use...

I think it's deeper than the kernel. We can use the ICS kernels for CM7, and I never had any issues with that. There has to be something about the phone that doesn't like ICS and how it's installed and/or set up. At this point, there isn't really anything you can do, but feel free to experiment safely. I've tried everything I can think of to remedy the situation, but without a greater in-depth knowledge about Android, we have little we can accomplish. Once an ICS OTA leaks for us, this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Hello everyone was looking for a inverted mms apk found it by doing a Google search it's on xda by jfunk23crx its a flashable zip and works great says it's for all cm9 roms so I guess it would work on all of ours in Inc2 forums thanks

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Sorry don't know how to post a link all I did was google inverted mms apk and it's in there it's called black tar inverted /black sms apk for all ics it's by jfunk23crx I know I need to learn how to post links

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Or I believe you can view jfunk23crx posts and find it there

Last edited:

PearlMikeJam

Dec 18, 2008
Those that have the SRS mod working, what file did you flash? I tried the 3-17 file and my phone would no longer play any music. I kept getting messages in both Play Music and CM Music that the tracks were not playable.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Here is the flash able zip for inverted mms you were asking for. This is not my work and I am not responsible for what you do with your phone.

Attachments

• TarBlackMMS.zip
    783 KB · Views: 17

thenaut

Oct 6, 2010
So a buddy of mine is running this on his nexus s 4g and in his ROM control menu under performance he has a setting for voltage control which I couldn't find on my phone. He also had a few different governors. Does this depend on the kernel being used? Or is it a matter of our phones being different?

I probably should have put this in Q&A

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
I am on cm9 right now but would like to try this. Is build 33 the best? Also I see 3 mirrors to download from which is gapps? And what kernel aeorovans v9?

Sorry found gapps on bottom of page.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Thread Cleaned.

Quit the arguing in this thread guys or i will lock it down permanently next time!
    Idk why, but after the first boot I set it up and everything, and when hit the power button to see the lockscreen, and when the screen turned back on it went into a bootloop??? ALSO, my messaging app crashes after I open it, it won't let me see the lockscreen at all. And I'm still in a bootloop after a battery pull................

this is a prob with your phone, not the ROMs that you keep trying and posting in, I tried helping you, and I've seen you post about this in almost every thread I open.
    which is fine,
    but there is information about new CLNR with the newer software and doing s-off, and just about everyone has the same bootloop problem.
    please, contact Verizon, or work with someone who is also having this issue.
    Lets keep things civil guys.;)

Edit... Reading through all this seems like we need a help/discussion thread in your general forum to re-direct most of these posts to.

Somebody please start a thread and post the link over here.

Read and search and only make constructive posts in the Development forums!