[Q] Is it possible to port Digital Noise Cancellation from z2??

Search This thread

kingbeta

Jan 17, 2014
I'm doubtful this would work through a software solution, as even just a tiny lag would render the phase cancellation useless.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We know that one of the goodie from Z2 is that it has a special audio technology that are captable to reduce noise in some way
    but is it hardware or software stuff?? i see mods that port Z2 audio stuff to other devices, does the noise reduction part really works??
    or it is software but contain some bulls*** like X-reality and photo quality enhancement that make it impossible to port to other devices??

any idea guys??

(i'm not requesting for a mod or something, just interested to know what it is)

If you're talking about the Digital Noice Cancelling it's implemented to the Z2 and need specific headset.
    Each earphone in the Sony MDR-NC31EM headset has outward-facing microphone. The two mikes pick up background noise and send it for processing to the Xperia Z2.
    Following this, a signal processor inverts the noise's phase by creating an anti-noise wave. This gets mixed with the audio that is being played on the phone.
    IIRC, Erica (the technology nerd who likes to film stuff) tried the headphones on other phones and they didn't work at all... i'll try to find the video tonite.

They are special-purpose hardware that is made for this device (Z2), using a different jack... i'm sure one could get some kind of noise-cancellation going on with any headphones that has a mic, but performance will be inferior to a purpose built device.

Again, not saying it's impossible...
    Bad news guys :/ they said that they that they would not wire my jack + they didn't even brought the parts I had ordered . So I left :(
    Now there is a hope to take some shots of the jack if I go to another city's service center :/
    I see, if i got that head phone, can z1 do digital noise cancelation like how the z2 did??

I don't think so, this technology is not included in the Xperia Z1 so that wont work even with proper headset.
    Bad news guys :/ they said that they that they would not wire my jack + they didn't even brought the parts I had ordered . So I left :(
    Now there is a hope to take some shots of the jack if I go to another city's service center :/

I'm not surprised, as I mentioned, they don't really repair the parts, but replace them instead and such modification would need hell of precision, both in doing really tight AND slim solders. I don't think that the human being would be able to do this without any special hardware.
    It's a good idea to take those shots and if you're replacing this jack then ask them to give you the old one. If you are replacing them, then please take those pictures and if you don't mind to send me such broken jack replacement, I'll pay for the shipping if it won't be a lot and I'll examine it further.

If the jack is not the case of your trip to Sony service then ignore what I wrote above. I don't really remember why are you going there in the first place xD