AT&T One XL Prototype - Information

Search This thread

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
The GPS locks very quickly and I've used it on several trips with no issues so far

Sent using xda premium

Under clear skies with a clear view of as much sky as possible, with no case/possible interference, what is the max accuracy you've seen on the GPS (GPSTest accuracy)? It is in the sub-10 ft, 10-20 ft, 20-30 ft, or greater than 30ft?

mlodykaras

Jun 26, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21+
voteccow so after having this device for several days now are you satisfied with it? Is the battery life getting any better? Are there any software bugs that made you angry and they need to be resolved? Is Sense restarting from time to time? Is the screen getting any scratches? I saw in one X forum section that some people were complaining about it... Are there any WiFi issues? Breaking connection etc? Thanks for any answers :)

R

Red5

voteccow so after having this device for several days now are you satisfied with it? Is the battery life getting any better? Are there any software bugs that made you angry and they need to be resolved? Is Sense restarting from time to time? Is the screen getting any scratches? I saw in one X forum section that some people were complaining about it... Are there any WiFi issues? Breaking connection etc? Thanks for any answers :)
Adding to the list... is the white getting dirty easily or discoloring?

voteccow

Oct 14, 2007
Northern Jersey
Hi Everyone, sorry for the delayed responses.

Discoloration: Yes, the white model gets dirty very easily. No discoloration so far, very easy to clean.

Scratches: Haven't gotten any scratches on my device yet, have had it in my pocket with loose change, keys, etc.

Software bugs: There's a few annoyances, but no show stoppers so far. The screen seems to go wacky sometimes where it's not as responsive as it should be, I don't know if this is because of the prototype nature of my device or a common issue. Also, the vibration doesn't work properly when I turn the sound off, again, don't know if this due to the non-final state of my device. Screen tends to stay on until I turn it off, and screen doesn't turn on for notifications. In the notifications bar, occasionally it'll get stuck at saying installing applications, a reboot usually fixes that.

Battery: I've been very pleased with the battery life so far. typically make it about 1-2 days on a charge with moderate usage.

Wifi: No issues here with the connection dropping or anything like that, in fact this is probably the most stable connection I've been able to maintain with a mobile device.

zivan56

Jun 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Does it come with Field Test like most HTC phones do? You can dial *#*#7262626#*#* to see...curious if it has a separate LTE section under Menu button -> Test Item.

voteccow

Oct 14, 2007
Northern Jersey
Looks like it has the field test menu, here's some screenshots of that.

Attachments

• 2012.04.18-11.11.28.jpeg
    2012.04.18-11.11.28.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 563
  • 2012.04.18-11.11.35.jpeg
    2012.04.18-11.11.35.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 2012.04.18-11.11.41.jpg
    2012.04.18-11.11.41.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 692
  • 2012.04.18-11.11.55.jpg
    2012.04.18-11.11.55.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 682
R

Red5

Is there a way to shut off the LTE radio? Most places dont have LTE yet so it would be nice to shut that off so its not constantly looking for an LTE connection.

Or is that a thing of the past now that LTE is embedded?

UMGixxer

Jun 30, 2008
I noticed over in the One X forum that there seems to be two different screen makers thus giving different screen results, so I am curious to know if you have gotten a chance to compare your screen with someone else who has the phone?

voteccow

Oct 14, 2007
Northern Jersey
Is there a way to shut off the LTE radio? Most places dont have LTE yet so it would be nice to shut that off so its not constantly looking for an LTE connection.

Or is that a thing of the past now that LTE is embedded?
Haven't seen anything in the normal settings for it. It seems like it's possible in the diagnostic menus.

voteccow

Oct 14, 2007
Northern Jersey
Is there anything in those settings that would let you select the bands to connect WCDMA on? I am really just curious if the hardware you are using has the appropriate T-Mobile bands (AWS 1700/2100)
I believe someone asked me this question before, I don't think there is a way to change the bands with phone is connecting on or to see what it supports without throwing a sim card from another carrier in there. For all I know, this phone is locked to AT&T.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I acquired this device, I believe this is the appropriate section to post all the benchmarks I've collected so far. As well as answer any questions. Feel free to post any questions and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Pics:
    http://imgur.com/a/HkJ8O

Some bootloader images.
    http://imgur.com/a/bomFa
    Alright, I've gotten a few requests for these apps off of my phone, so I've uploaded them here
    Looks like it has the field test menu, here's some screenshots of that.
    Battery stats so far tonight
    Sent from my HTC EVA_UL using xda premium
    Wow, Fantastic Questions! I'll answer what I can at the moment.

Notification LED: Yes it's there, so no worries about that.

Data Connection: Haven't had my data drop yet and I've been in both New York and New Jersey. Seems very very stable and I've been getting great speeds on "4G"

NFC: NFC is there, Google Wallet is downloadable from the Google Play store, However, I think Google still has it locked to certain carriers, so I get a message saying it's not certified for my device/carrier.

Camera: Just as fast as the One X as far as I can tell. It's very very quick. I've compared it to the recorded times for the One X and it's almost dead on as far as how fast the camera boots and takes pictures.

Battery: I'll update the thread later tonight with some Battery stats. Overall, I feel like the device lasts through the day with no issues going about 2 days or so. However, I'm not in an area that has 4G LTE deployed yet. This is all on "4G"