[ROM] [NLD] [UPDT 23/10/08] M-Rom v1.1 (build 20755.1.4.0) !! Unprotected ROM !!

Search This thread

karloe

Jan 1, 2007
What do you mean with unprotected rom btw :confused:
Like rome os with tweaks,other software and stuff,or something special?
Thx in advanced,greetings martijn from the netherlands also :p

There is a link in the last sentence of the first post :cool:

merten3000, RL suddenly has overwhelmed me with work, won't be able to test before Sunday.
I'll get back to you on the upload space / create a mirror then.

merten3000

May 3, 2007
There is a link in the last sentence of the first post :cool:

merten3000, RL suddenly has overwhelmed me with work, won't be able to test before Sunday.
I'll get back to you on the upload space / create a mirror then.

@ Tinuz: once my rom is up and running you will be able to 'unpack' it with the kitchen of your choice and make it just the way you like it exactly!
A lot of the new roms are modified (on purpose or to save space...see discussion as mentioned in first post) and can not be unpacked. You have to take it as it is...

@ Karloe: uploading now to rapidshare again :rolleyes: Will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully it will boot for once. Then we can look for further bugs:D hahaha. Will hear from you...thnx p.s. RL=Ralph Lauren???

tinuz97

May 26, 2008
OnePlus 5
Well if it helps you i can test it,only i want to know 1 thing for sure,can it brick my device if you did not cooked it good? :eek:
euh rapid share: You have reached the download limit for free-users. Would you like more?

Last edited:

tinuz97

May 26, 2008
OnePlus 5
Ok i flasht it,i get so much errors from certificates that they don't excist,after that it goes installing google maps,and then my device goes hanging,it responds to nothing.
Error: The file \WINDOWS\GoogleMaps-2.0.1.33-ms-htccompress.cab does not exist!...........i hope i can flash back to a other 1 now..........
2nd error: poutlook.exe kan niet worden geopend,het is niet ondertekend etc etc
The same error for welcome.exe
Did a hard reset etc etc,it keeps hanging on Error: The file \WINDOWS\GoogleMaps-2.0.1.33-ms-htccompress.cab does not exist!

Last edited:

karloe

Jan 1, 2007
That doesn't sound good :(
Download running, I'll copy it to a spare microSD, got my complete working Rom on the one in my TP.
I might be able to test it while at work later today, now it's time to get some sleep, i'm not used to 12 hours shifts, and it's only 7 hours left for the next.

(RL = Real Life :cool: )

merten3000

May 3, 2007
Ok i flasht it,i get so much errors from certificates that they don't excist,after that it goes installing google maps,and then my device goes hanging,it responds to nothing.
Error: The file \WINDOWS\GoogleMaps-2.0.1.33-ms-htccompress.cab does not exist!...........i hope i can flash back to a other 1 now..........
2nd error: poutlook.exe kan niet worden geopend,het is niet ondertekend etc etc
The same error for welcome.exe
Did a hard reset etc etc,it keeps hanging on Error: The file \WINDOWS\GoogleMaps-2.0.1.33-ms-htccompress.cab does not exist!

Thnx for the feedback! Will look into it!
You should be able to flash back another rom (go to bootloader mode and flash again...)
At least the ROM boots now...we have a beginning..

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes I knew, that is how I got the xip booting now. But thnx anyway!
I think I also found and fixed the googlemaps error.
Found a few more minor bugs which I fixed.
Do not know for sure what is causing the poutlook.exe and welcome.exe errors... suggestions?

I remember when i taked a look to your 20755 SYS days ago that some RGU contains some untranslated chinese strings... so perhaps some of this are causing issues...

Hope this helps...

Cheers

merten3000

May 3, 2007
I remember when i taked a look to your 20755 SYS days ago that some RGU contains some untranslated chinese strings... so perhaps some of this are causing issues...

Hope this helps...

Cheers

I noticed that the SYS folder was missing files. Like the poutlook.exe The file is just not there! I'm working on it right know but I am mannualy going through 500 files. Hopefully I will be done tonight and will try to upload it again for testing.... Back to work for me now...

EDIT: Finally done, hopefully the rom boots fine now....BUT Murphy's law struk me...!!!! Here in Afrika our internet connection is being upgraded (Good thing...) but in that process our upload/dowload capabilities are gone for maybe 2 weeks (military firewalls, temp folders for up/download etc)!! In this camp we are with the Irish army too. I have an account with them also but their modem broke down and they are waiting for a new one....all the hard work today for nothing...
p.s. maybe I can translate the ruu_signed to binary (0001100101010010010101010010101010001 etc) and post it here, lol :p but I feel more like :( , :mad: and :eek:

Last edited:

merten3000

May 3, 2007
I already have my hands on build 20924.1.5.0 but I still have to port it.

Porting can be a real pain in the ass and especially when you can not test yourself (because of my deployement)
But have hope and patience. M-Rom v1.2 will become available for testing hopefully this upcoming week (no promise...)

I'm trying people, because I like it too! :D

tinuz97

May 26, 2008
OnePlus 5
You do not have to tell me,but how you get youre hands on unprotected roms?
I cannot find them lol,want to start cooking myself also (read give it a try :p )

pijltje

Jun 16, 2005
Nijkerkerveen
I think i have brick my TP with this Rom it wil not start any more and it gives only errors
can't find replog.exe cant find welcome enz.

now what?

Last edited:

tinuz97

May 26, 2008
OnePlus 5
I think i have brick my TP with this Rom it wil not start any more enngives only errors can't find replog.exe cant find welcome enz.

LOL! srry i have to say that,if you did read a few messages back you could see that i also had that problem,2nd luckly it is not a brick,just flash a other rom into it,like romeOs,dcs,pdaviet whatever you like :rolleyes: