[APP]htcAddicts - cleanRAM v2.5 (RAM Cleaner)

Search This thread

ronenpg

May 25, 2008
Lala Land
www.htcaddicts.com
Hello Ronenpg,

Does the development CleanRAM is now complete with this v2.2?. Thank you. :)

Soon you will realize a donation for this wonderful program.

Sincerely,

The cleanRAM version 2.2 working well and it's stable version.

My Tasks:

1. I'm still waiting for users to give me UI to add-in to cleanRAM :confused:

2. I want to make cleanRAM work better with UI cleaning (like HTC Sense) :D

3. I'm open for any other suggestions from you (users)... :cool:

jcmm

The cleanRAM version 2.2 working well and it's stable version.

My Tasks:

1. I'm still waiting for users to give me UI to add-in to cleanRAM :confused:

2. I want to make cleanRAM work better with UI cleaning (like HTC Sense) :D

3. I'm open for any other suggestions from you (users)... :cool:

Hello "ronenpg",

Indeed, the v2.2 is very stable on my HTC Touch Pro (HTC official ROM and WM6.1 Pro) is perfect. For me it is an essential application on my HTC (use mode 2 and 3). Although I have installed Kaspersky Mobile v9, any problem I use "CleanRAM."

The graphical interface is very correct, I personally would not touch anything except that they were somewhat larger buttons on the options, to use it at the "touch".

What would perfect this application would also make a clean caches and temporary, something similar to what made "ClearTemp" (http://mobisapienz.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=82&task=view.download&cid=50), so it would have a very complete tool. I use "CleanRAM" and "CleanTemp" several times daily ... if everything was in one application ... would be ideal.

Today I will make a donation using your program. I guess you can do with the donation button in this forum thread XDA yours, or your own website (donation already made by PayPal just now, I hope you get well).

Sincerely,

Last edited:

tsfatt

Feb 28, 2009
"anyone has any issues with turning on the today mode??"

I think I have .. but ..few day or 2 weeks once incident ... it happened 3 times at my new HD2 in 2 months .. that's ..I set "Schedule" on mid night 3am .. it happened ..at morning when I on mobile screen ..in the middle my phone have square blank box, others area got picture .. but the phone did not hang ..only middle one graphic missing ...???

Then when I restart the phone .. it start with "blank graphic" mean nothing today mode plug in.. but I can got in the start then setting then tick back the "HTC Sense" ..the plug in come back ...

It is not really compatible with ..ver Htc sense 2.5 with wm6.5 ???

ronenpg

May 25, 2008
Lala Land
www.htcaddicts.com
"anyone has any issues with turning on the today mode??"

I think I have .. but ..few day or 2 weeks once incident ... it happened 3 times at my new HD2 in 2 months .. that's ..I set "Schedule" on mid night 3am .. it happened ..at morning when I on mobile screen ..in the middle my phone have square blank box, others area got picture .. but the phone did not hang ..only middle one graphic missing ...???

Then when I restart the phone .. it start with "blank graphic" mean nothing today mode plug in.. but I can got in the start then setting then tick back the "HTC Sense" ..the plug in come back ...

It is not really compatible with ..ver Htc sense 2.5 with wm6.5 ???

Thank you for your comment, I will check this issue.

tsfatt

Feb 28, 2009
Hello, thank for concerning ... If others original HD2 don't have such matter ... then it might be due to ...

I actually have installed BsB Tweaks 1.6, which I have adjust this "Performance
Glyph Cache
- Enable high glyph cache, graphics render for faster graphics." on, maybe this affect this Htcaddict clean ram .... Thank you.

Anyone have adjusted the BSB above "on" and did not find graphic problem on HtcAddict when appear box showing "....1.2MB save..."

AdamWill

Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.happyassassin.net
Just tried this app, and I see something similar to tsfatt.

I'm running a Tilt 2 with the ROM in my .sig - EnergyROM with a recent WinMo 6.5.5 build and Sense 2.5. Pretty much out of the box, I just flashed last night and have only set up ActiveSync, Facebook (the HTC Sense assocation), GPS and one app (FreeCaddie, a golf GPS thingy), filled the three quick links on the 'home' screen and added three contact quick links to the 'contacts' screen.

If I run CleanRAM with default config, level 1, it works fine. If I try and run a level 2 clean, with default config, the progress bar screen comes up and it just sits there, at its first position, never moving. If you go to a different screen or turn the screen off and on the progress bar box doesn't come back - you get the symptom tsfatt described, a sort of 'hole' in the display. You can kill the clean process (using ArkSwitch) and the phone seems to go back to 'normal', but any further attempt to run a CleanRAM clean - even level 1 - will fail.

After a soft reset, the phone comes up to a blank 'desktop', and if you go to Start / Settings / Home / Items, HTC Sense is unchecked. Again as tsfatt says, you can check it to fix the problem. You can now run a level 1 CleanRAM clean again. After another soft reset, if you don't do a level 2 scan and produce the problem again, Sense comes up, and you can still do level 1 scans.

I twiddled with a couple of config options - setting the GUI to 'HTC Sense' instead of 'Today Items (Auto Mode)', and adding manila.exe to the exceptions, but these didn't seem to change the behaviour at all.

Hope that helps diagnose it, maybe. Any suggestions to work around this and do a level 2 scan would be gratefully received. Sorry if it's been covered, I did check the docs I could find but I couldn't read this whole thread!

kern417

May 15, 2009
Louisville, KY
is this compatible with 6.5.x roms? Everytime i run this it freezes up my taskbar. I can no longer open the startmenu, open taskmanager, or open up the HTC Notifcation window. When s2u2 locks my device i still see the WinMo taskbar on top. Its basically locked for some reason..i tried adding the TaskbarLauncher.lnk Startup Shortcut to the Exceptions List but it still had the same effect

running on Touch Pro2 with MightyRom FullForce (Sense 2.5/WinMo 6.5.x)

robseargeant

Apr 25, 2008
Salt Lake City
On the newly released official AT&T ROM for the Tilt 2, when doing a level 3 clean with Advancced/Gui enabled and set to HTC Sense it freezes. Hitting end key will then restart Senses but cleanRAM remains frozen. After about 60 seconds you can hit end key again and cleanRAM finishes cycle. Weird!

I eliminated all other processes. it works fine in every way except the Sense GUI.

ivona7

Aug 18, 2010
Hangzhou, China
Please help me! I've run this program and now - my HTC Sense is gone! It's not loading after reset, and in back up and restore "Update now" option - there is no Sense any more, just options HTC HD2 and HTC HD2 (quiet). When I first run the app, I've checked the Launch Start Up Programs. Does it has to do anything with it, and how can I get it back? Please? Anyone? :(
P.S. It's HTC HD2 on Windows Mobile 6.5

ronenpg

May 25, 2008
Lala Land
www.htcaddicts.com
How to turn on the HTC Sense

Please help me! I've run this program and now - my HTC Sense is gone! It's not loading after reset, and in back up and restore "Update now" option - there is no Sense any more, just options HTC HD2 and HTC HD2 (quiet). When I first run the app, I've checked the Launch Start Up Programs. Does it has to do anything with it, and how can I get it back? Please? Anyone? :(
P.S. It's HTC HD2 on Windows Mobile 6.5

Windows Mobile:

Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items -> HTC Sense -> Ok

HD2 Windows Mobile:

Start -> Settings -> Menu -> All Settings -> Today -> Items -> HTC Sense -> Ok

* For example see this picture.

deuce01

Oct 16, 2009
Greensboro
Already been discussed about it here! great People, why to repeat questions? SEARCH FIRST!

It's can be only one thing and it's always the same issue with the same solution... when cleanRAM trying to clean your memory, some apps on your device memory can stuck cleanRAM processes. read the thread (from post #1) or read the manual for the solution!

Note that I'm working cleanRAM + CHT mod (latest version) and it's work every time without any issues!

Using previous version I have found that CHT breaks with Stage 2 cleanings. I'm setting up my exception list and need to know the process name to use. Do you happen to know what it is?

Thanks,
Deuce

ronenpg

May 25, 2008
Lala Land
www.htcaddicts.com
Using previous version I have found that CHT breaks with Stage 2 cleanings. I'm setting up my exception list and need to know the process name to use. Do you happen to know what it is?

Thanks,
Deuce

Thank you for your comment,
I know this issues happen occasionally, I think it's happening because the Manila or HD Mini CHT lock screen enabled. I will try to fix this issue on my next release for now use level 1 or disable the UI cleaning (only on cleanRAM v2.2).

Last edited:

ronenpg

May 25, 2008
Lala Land
www.htcaddicts.com
cleanRAM new release is now available!

Changelog:
  • Add language strings: "Show Black Curtain", "WisBar Advance Desktop" and
    "Infinity" (see post #3)
  • cleanRAM is now supporting "WisBar Advance Desktop" and "Ageye Infinity"
    GUI cleaning.
  • Add "Show Black Curtain" option to settings menu - this option allows you to
    put a black curtain while cleaning.
  • Debug Mode (log file) - To enable the debug mode, you will need to change the registry key: "debugModeEnable" to value "1" (0 = Disable) and after the cleanRAM done you will able to view the "cleanRAM.log" file (on root "\" folder).
  • Fixed the freezing issue while GUI cleaning. now cleanRAM is more stable!

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hola!

Welcome to a world without Soft Rest !!!

The Missing Piece of Windows Mobile!

freewarepocketpc_logo.gif
    Best Windows Mobile Freeware 2009
    cleanRAM has been chosen as the winner of Best Windows Mobile Freeware Utility 2009, read more here.

In One Shot:

One solution when your PDA slows down is to reset (reboot) and the another is to use cleanRAM :D

Summary:
    • Release memory for Windows Mobile devices.
    • Amazing utility which helps you to clean up the wasted RAM memory without having to restart the device and eventually saves a lot of time.

Description:
    • cleanRAM is a very useful tool for Windows Mobile devices.
    • cleanRAM lets you with a single click release part of the RAM on your PDA and accelerating in this way.
    • cleanRAM is a memory reclaimer similar to Oxios but with advanced settings and actually works! great solution for the Windows Mobile memory leak problem.
    • cleanRAM attempts to release as much memory as possible, cleanRAM will refresh your device memory (RAM).
    • cleanRAM can save you a lot of SOFT RESET!

Features:
    • GUI cleaning supported (tested on: TouchFLO3D, HTC Sense ,SPB Mobile Shell, Windows Mobile 6.5 today screen)
    • There are 3 levels of cleaning + personally customized processes list.
    • Settings:
      • Define all cleanRAM behavior.
      • GUI/Shell Selector
      • Hibernate for old devices.
      • Close all applications - force closing all applications.
      • Launch startup programs after cleaning ended.
      • Clear recent start menu items.
      • And more...
    • Multilanguage supported with option to add new language.
    • Customized Processes List - custom level that help you to define the process(es) you wish to clean.
    • Schedule - automatically clean up by schedule (time/date and more options...), get clean-up event at a specific time! extra settings:
      • Notify you before cleanup starting.
      • Wake up device before cleanup.
    • Exceptions List - add to exceptions list: program(s) / process(es) and also you can select "startup shortcuts" that you want to skip/ignore.
    • Backup / Restore - backup all your cleanRAM settings into INI file. You can also select and load default settings from recommended settings reservoir list.
    • Update Service - update cleanRAM to latest version directly from the cleanRAM.
      configuration (this feature using internet connection). also you can reinstall your last version.

hcr3.jpg

* Click Here to learn about Windows Mobile processes.

Important: Use cleanRAM at your own risk!!! NO WARRANTY!!!
    Although running this application does not seem to make any damage, I take no responsibility for any kind of damage caused to the device or data due to this application.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the latest attached ZIP file from htcAddicts website or from this post (click on "Download" button).
    2. Extract the ZIP file into some temporary folder on your PC.
    3. Copy the "cleanRAM.cab" file (from the ZIP file) into some temporary folder on your device (use ActiveSync).
    4. Execute "cleanRAM.cab" from your device (use file explorer), recommend you install cleanRAM to device memory.

• .cab is the zipped file along with the Readme and License text files.
    • After installation completed you find two links created, one called: "cleanRAM Config" (configuration tool) in the "Start Menu -> Programs" and the second called: "cleanRAM" (is the actual memory reclaimer) in the "Start Menu".
    • cleanRAM will be installed into /Program files/htcAddicts folder.

Uninstall Instructions:

1. Run cleanRAM Configuration.
    2. Menu -> Schedule.
    3. Uncheck the Enabled button (if checked).
    4. Close.
    5. "Start" -> "Settings" -> "System" -> "Remove Programs".
    6. Select and Uninstall "htcAddicts cleanRAM".

hcrGeneral.jpg
    hcrAdv.jpg

The Settings Screen with Geneal, Advanced, GUI/Shell and Language Tabs

Tips:
    • I want more RAM cleaning, what can I do?
      • You can give more power for RAM cleaning by settings: "Close All Applications" + "Launch Startup Programs" (this option is for advanced users).
      • You need to define your device's GUI. Menu -> "Settings" -> "GUI" (see "Backup / Restore & GUI support" section).
    • Do you need more speed? To get higher cleaning speed you will need unchecked (disabled) the settings: "Show RAM Status Notification" (quiet mode).
    • your device crashes or getting stuck after clean-up is done? This issue happens because when cleanRAM trying to clean some share applications from device's memory them stuck your device. You can avoid this by using "Exceptions List" feature (note that, you can also use exceptions.ini file to add exceptions). For more information, read post #622.
    • You have issues with the scheduler feature (like error #139)? Check maybe you have a wrong date/time format (under regional settings), please read post #663.
    • How to load settings (from "Backup / Restore" feature)? Follow these instructions from post #798.
    • What are the best & recommended settings for HTC HD2 (HTC Sense)? Post #724.
    • Where can I learn more? For more informations and introductions please read the manual on this post. After cleanRAM installed for the first time on your device you will get the default settings (like safe mode settings), it's good but for some users is not good enough, it will work only on 60% of cleanRAM power. if you want to learn how to make cleanRAM more effective and more powerfully (like the features: "Close All Applications", "Launch Startup Programs" and "Exceptions List") you will need to read the manual and please before asking question, make a quick search on this thread.

cleanRAM_Icons.jpg

Prerequisites:

Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5.0+

* cleanRAM doesn't support non-touch screen devices (for example: HTC Snap, HTC Dash).

If you find this tool useful, please donate. thanks ;)

hcr1.jpg
    hcr2.jpg
    hcr6.jpg
    hcrGUI2.jpg

Huge thanks to these of you who have already donated!
    Thanks !!! ^_^ :)
    Windows Mobile Kernel Processes

• filesys.exe - File System - Filesys loads the OEM Certification DLL from ROM.
    • gwes.exe - Graphics Windows and Events Subsystem - GWES loads display drivers, printer drivers, and touch screen drivers.
    • device.exe - Device Manager - Devices loads audio drivers, battery drivers, keyboard drivers, mouse drivers, NDIS drivers, notification LED drivers, serial drivers, PC Card drivers, USB drivers, and any other drivers that exposes the stream interface.
    • services.exe - Services.exe is a process that supplements the Device.exe process. Services.exe also provides enhanced loading capabilities such as support for starting, pausing, and stopping services.
    • connmgr.exe - Connection Manager Application - ConnMgr contains most of the functionality of Connection Manager. ConnMgr is responsible for maintaining a list of all the connection requests, their priorities, and the connection service providers that are available on a CellCore-enabled device.
    • sddaemon.exe - Speed Dialing - this application allows you to use the voice commandos to make calls or to execute applications.
    • cprog.exe - Phone Dialer Application (including arguments to use this tool).
    • rnaapp.exe - Remote Network Access Application.
    • udp2tcp.exe - UDP2TCP is a part of activesync application.
    • rapiclnt.exe - Rapiclnt is the RAPI client that handles file operations of ActiveSync.
    • SIPGT_app.exe - Keyboard Manager.
    • poutlook.exe - automatically email checking accounts.
    • tmail.exe - Email Account Manager (inbox application).
    Hungarian language file

Hello!

I've just completed cleanRAM Hungarian language file, tested it and uploaded to the link below:

http://www.storage.to/get/9EJRumve/Hungarian.zip

Also you can find the file attached at the bottom of this post.
    Need help. Don't have 2.4 installer. Can't remove old cleamRAM. Can't install 2.5. I'm stuck. Don't wanna do hard reset.