[Q] app for streaming music??

Search This thread

derrickthaller

May 19, 2014
Hello xda, as u can see i am new to this site.
I joined because I recently had an idea to make an app that would stream music to my phone. I want anyone to be able to use this app.
Here are my questions tho:
First of all i have no clue where to start. I have seen some ways on how to stream online radio stations, but thats not what i am looking for. I want this app to be like a radio station, but play only certain artist off of my computer. It does not have to be fancy. Im looking for a program to use to develop this app, or insight on how to do it. PLEASE help if anyone understands what i am asking for lol

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I joined because I recently had an idea to make an app that would stream music to my phone. I want anyone to be able to use this app.
First of all i have no clue where to start. I have seen some ways on how to stream online radio stations, but thats not what i am looking for. I want this app to be like a radio station, but play only certain artist off of my computer. It does not have to be fancy. Im looking for a program to use to develop this app, or insight on how to do it. PLEASE help if anyone understands what i am asking for lol

First things first I would start by learning Java and taking a look at the official Android developer documentation and training. For developing your app the Eclipse IDE and the ADT bundle (Android Development Bundle which includes the Eclipse IDE and Adroid SDK) will include all the tools you need to get started. Once you have worked through writing some basic apps,I would recommend checking out this tutorial on how to make a basic music streaming app. While the tutorial is outdated and uses an outdated version of Android the principles and concepts shown still very much apply today.

Reactions: derrickthaller

derrickthaller

May 19, 2014
I have limited knowledge of Java already, just basics. In that TUT he is using http to stream his music. My question for this is there anyway to not do it via http but rather straight off my hdd or even cloud?? Also I do appreciate you replying so quickly, the TUT you sent is very helpful.

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I have limited knowledge of Java already, just basics. In that TUT he is using http to stream his music. My question for this is there anyway to not do it via http but rather straight off my hdd or even cloud?? Also I do appreciate you replying so quickly, the TUT you sent is very helpful.

What your looking for is something similar to this app here. One way would be to use cloud storage api's for Android such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. to stream the music. Directly off your hdd do you run Linux or Windows because you could look into integrating Samba share as a possibility. Also I would recommend then brushing up on your Java knowledge to make your Android programming experience more enjoyably and seamless (Not having to look up new Java things every minute).

pdxevergreen

Oct 11, 2013
easyappcreation.com
App Making Program

I love your idea, but really love your desire to make it yourself. A tutorial is the best way to learn app creation. When you "walk" thru the process, or learn as you go, you are learning a new skill that you can expand into other avenues.
I have taken app creation to making my website so others can take their great idea and make it into a reality....good luck and have fun!
DLL
website owner
http://easyappcreation.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First things first I would start by learning Java and taking a look at the official Android developer documentation and training. For developing your app the Eclipse IDE and the ADT bundle (Android Development Bundle which includes the Eclipse IDE and Adroid SDK) will include all the tools you need to get started. Once you have worked through writing some basic apps,I would recommend checking out this tutorial on how to make a basic music streaming app. While the tutorial is outdated and uses an outdated version of Android the principles and concepts shown still very much apply today.