Search This thread

nibras_reeza

Feb 8, 2011
Colombo
nibras.co.cc
no need, because if the cache partition is fill it uses /data/local/download. could wipe the download cache(s) on boot though. not shore if it already odes this though.

Really? I didn't know that. :)

Hmm, without looking at this, I made a separate thread for this. Cache partition is limited in size. Although Android can move to /data/local/download, moving to SD will give you more freedom. I had problem downloading Star Legends, Pocket Legends and Paranormal Agency at once due to large apk size. Plus, internal memory of GT540 is kind of slower than a class 4 SD.

Symlinking cache/download to ext2/ext3 partition should give you a performance boost as well but yes, performance boost for downloading and installing apps only. lol

Reactions: despotovski01

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Cache partition is limited in size. Although Android can move to /data/local/download, moving to SD will give you more freedom.

Symlinking cache/download to ext2/ext3 partition should give you a performance boost as well but yes, performance boost for downloading and installing apps only. lol

I totally agree with you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey developers!
    We all know that our device has little memory. The Cache partition is only 64MB, of which only 20 are free! :confused::confused:
    Because of that, I'm going to show you how to use a folder on your SD card to download games and apps from the Android Market, instead of the default one(/cache/download)!

Requirements:
    -Terminal Emulator (or ADB Shell)
    -Root access

Tutorial:
    1. Open Terminal Emulator
    2. Type these commands in order:
    Code:
    su
    mkdir /sdcard/cache-download
    rm -rf /cache/download
    ln -s /sdcard/cache-download /cache/download

3. Enjoy your Cache2SD!

This was tested and it works on SwiftDroid 2.0 RC1
    Does this tweak speed up the phone in anyway?

Sent from my GT540 using XDA Premium App
    root explorer says that perrmissions cant be changed on the sdcard.

I've found a fix: just don't run the line that causes problem and you should be good.
    Try this worked for me

mkdir /mnt/sdcard/cache-download
    cd /sdcard/cache-download
    mkdir download
    rm -rf /cache/download
    ln -s /mnt/sdcard/cache-download/download /cache/download

You have error because fat32 doesn't support extended attributes (file owner and group). Better solution is to create ext4/2/3 partition on sd card and set it mount point to cache or link it.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk