[ROM] [Huawei U8100/U8110/U8120] [Eclair] The Celestial Teapot RLS4d [2010-12-19]

Search This thread

malkar

May 13, 2012
Sent from my U8100 using XDA. Iam using u8110 I have rooted my phone and installed above Rom but still my camera is not working

oxipos

Oct 6, 2012
it's nice rom .. and my only working network one :D

so plzz i want it to support arabic language ...

thnxss in advance .. :))

ReyTech

Mar 16, 2006
On all phones there is a file called /data/custom.bin. On my phone it contains expert/se on your phone it will say something else. This information is used by the custcopy commands in init.rc that copies wpa_supplicant.conf from /system to /data.

So you could make cust directories for all possible custom.bin files or you could work yourself around the custcopy. I choosed the latter. Look in my init.rc and /system/bin/userinit.sh and you'll see how it's done.

Just extract the kernel from my boot.img and pack it up with your initrd and it should work. The U8100 and the U8120 uses the same kernel config.

Or use my boot.img as it is and copy my /system/bin/userinit.sh. You may (or may not) want to modify it first but that way you'll get both overclocking and wifi on all models fixed at the same time. I also think I put the wpa_supplicant.conf in /system/wifi but you'll know for sure if you look at userinit.sh.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Oh, yes, one more thing, my boot.img assumes that autorun.iso is stored in /system/cdrom/autorun.iso (init.rc symlinks it to /data/cdrom/autorun.iso)
hi! can u pls explain in simple terms as to how to fix the wifi issue after flashing tis rom to t-mobile pulse mini!? as i cant really gather the info uve provided!
the problem iam facing is the phone restarts when i try to switch on the wifi of the mobile!
WBR
ReyTech.

Hic007

Feb 11, 2011
My pulse mini has died from too many flashing :'(

Sent from my LT22i using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Celestial Teapot RLS4d

DOWNLOAD: TCT_RLS4d.zip

A ROM for made for and tested on Huawei U8100 Expert Sweden but has been confirmed to work on most, if not all, U8100/U8110/U8120 phones. T-mobile pulse mini U8110 needs an update after install (se end of this post).

This ROM was previously known and developed under a different name in the Swedroid forums and the Modaco forums

(btw, can we PLEASE get at least a generic Huawei forum at xda-developers?)

RLS4d
    - RLS4d = RLS4b/c + overclocking fix

RLS4c overclocking fix
    - There's a mistake in the frequency tables in RLS4c and the RLS4b camera fix that seems to affect some phones. This fix (attached) can be used on both RLS4b and RLS4c and will fix both the camera issue (RLS4b) and the overclocking issue (RLS4c).

RLS4c
    - RLS4b + camera fix

RLS4b camera fix (attached)
    - The camera fix replaces the kernel with one that uses the same PLL for overclocking as RLS3 did (PLL2). Appearently PLL1 is used by the camera so it wasn't safe to change it.

RLS4b
    - New (QVGA hacked) version of market... propably needs a wipe.

RLS4
    - New overclocking code in kernel, default speed is 633.6MHz but can be tweaked with SetCPU.
    - Updated (and hacked) Market
    - Updated several apps to latest version
    - Removed Facebook (download it from Market if you need it) to free up some space in /system
    - Replaced brut maps with latest official Google Maps (5.0.0)
    - Propably something more that I've forgotten...
    It's propably a good idea to wipe, since Market and Maps has been replaced.

RLS3
    - Changed bootlogo
    - Changed bootanimation
    - Replaced Google Maps with modified version (brut17) Seems you need to do a full wipe after upgrading because the replaced Maps apk
    - Updated DocToGo to latest version
    - Added Flash Lite support
    - Most likely updated something more that I've forgot
    - Fixed a tiny error in the installation script that could kill USB-mounting if you go from stock ROM to my ROM without wipe:ing data.

RLS2
    - Made overclocking code in kernel to be aware of those phones that runs at 600MHz with stock ROM.
    - Added support for U8120 optical d-pad in kernel
    - Added tun.ko module for OpenVPN users
    - Updated LauncherPro
    - Updated Roadsync

Kernel
    - 2.6.29 based on kernel source released by T-mobile UK for the pulse mini.
    - Slightly modified to work on non T-mobile Android builds.
    - Added overclocking based on HTC Hero code by phhusson. Default install is NOT overclocked. Add overclocked kernel with update.
    - Added swap support.
    - Added compcache 0.6.2 swap free notify patch.
    - Added LZO support (needed by compcache)
    - Added EXT3 support (for better A2SD)
    - Removed unused stuff, like PS2 mouse drivers, non-used touchscreen drivers and NFS support. The result is a smaller, but more useful kernel than before.

Android
    - Android 2.1 based on the official U8100 Expert Sweden ROM
    - Rooted with latest Superuser Permissions
    - Fully odexed (system apps will not use dalvik-cache = more space on /data)
    - Removed Launcher2
    - Removed MyWeather widget.
    - Removed TouchPal and AndroidKeyboard
    - Removed ServoSearch
    - Hacked a way around the "cust" system making Wifi work on other phones than just expert/se phones.
    - Moved autorun.iso to /system freeing up 25Mb for apps on /data
    - Added Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5.2 + swappiness bug fix.
    - Compiled and added compcache kernel module + script to enable/disable compcache.
    - No JIT by default but can be added with update.
    - Hacked Vending.apk (Market) version 2006 that will greatly increase the number of available apps by faking HVGA (320x480).
    - Fakes autofocus and more for more apps in the market
    - Updated to latest Google Maps
    - Updated to latest Google StreetView
    - Added Launcher Pro
    - Added Home Switcher
    - Added the last flip-clock versionen of Weather widgets (yr.no).
    - Added Googles News & Weather app/widget.
    - Added HTC_IME & an AndroidKeyboard with Voice input support (also adds VoiceSearch).
    - Added busybox with symlinks
    - Added nano (texteditor)
    - Added bash
    - Replaced bootanimationen with a Nexus animation I resized for QVGA for another project.
    - Replaced RoadSync with the offical upgrade you are allowed to download.
    - Adjusted wallpapers in the original launcher to correct sizes and ascpect ratio for a QVGA device. May make them look a bit weird in the original launcher.

Installation
    See post #2

Overclocking
    See post #3

Compcache
    See post #4

A2SD
    See post #5

T-Mobile pulse mini users
    UPDATE 2010-10-10: New zip file attached that also fixes the GPS. (TCT_tmo_u8110_update_2.zip)
    If you can't get a phone network connection after installing, install the attached TCT_tmo_u8110_update.zip. That update replaced the ril libs with libs that are compatible with your phone.

JIT
    Adding JIT gives a performance boost but I choosed to make it an optional update as it can cause problems with some apps. So far we know some apps that uses the google maps framework crashes if JIT is eanbled. Use the attached TCT_JIT_update.zip to enable JIT. There is also an update to go back to non-JIT if you change your mind later.
    Installation

1. Flash a recovery image (tested with AmonRA.)

2. Copy the .zip file to your MicroSD card and boot the phone into recovery mode (call+volume-up+power)

3. Choose "Flash zip from sdcard" and choose the zip you just copied.

4. (optional) Wipe data+cache before rebooting. It may or may not work OK to not wipe data but it's propably best to wipe.
    Overclocking
    EDIT 2010-12-17: Removed all overclocking addons as they are now(with RLS4) obsolete
    EDIT 2010-11-09: Updated all overclocking files with the new bootlogo.
    EDIT 2010-10-11: Updated all overclocking files with the optical d-pad fix för U8120 phones.
    EDIT 2010-10-27: Updated all overclocking files with support for phones that run 600MHz with their stock ROMs

Overclocking code has been rewritten in RLS4. The new kernel defaults to 633.6MHz which I believe should work on all phone. Let me know if it does not.

Use the app SetCPU if you want to overclock above the default 633.6MHz(default in RLS4) overclock.
    SetCPU can be bought on Market or downloaded from XDA developers

Be careful with the "Set on boot" checkbox untill you know for sure if a speed is stable our not. Most phones will propably find a stable frequency in the 672-710.4MHz area but some can go higher. The highest allowed in the kernel is 748.8MHz.
    Compcache

If you are using are allready using a swap partition on your SD-card, then you most likely shouldn't enable compcache. But if you do not want to partition your SD-card then compcache can be a good alternative.

Read more about how Compcache works here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compcache

Enable compcache
    In a terminal or using an adb shell type this:
    $ su
    # compcache.sh enable

Type free to confirm you now have 32Mb swap

Disable compcache
    In a terminal or using an adb shell type this:
    $ su
    # compcache.sh disable

Type free to confirm you now have 0Mb swap

Advanced users
    Compcache size, settings and swappiness is setup in /system/bin/compcache.sh
    If you are an advanced user, you'll know how to proceed from here...
    For god's sake cedric123, stop advertising your rom!
    Yes its very good etc,its even on the first page of this forum.
    Soon or later everyone will see it.
    Your doing more harm in your job/effort by advertising it.
    We are a community here,act like the others.