My Desire Z wont turn on... [HELP]

Search This thread

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Hey

Usually I dont use caps in titles or "help" "urgent" etc but something has happpened to my Desire Z and now it just wont turn on.

Basically I left it charging with the green led on and when I went somewhere I noticed that the green led wasnt on but I supposed that it was actually blinking notifing me of some notification so I didnt even look. When I got to my destination, I went to turn it on and usual way a press of the power button. The screen didnt light up. I supposed it was some kernel panic or something so I simply took out the battery and put it back in and pressed the power button to turn on. This is when I started to worry: It didnt turn on. I again took it out and in and still nothing. Only at ONE point did it show the white HTC logo booting then it went black again and still nothing.

I came back home and plugged it into the charger, another fear: No LED at all. Im trying it with and without the battery and it seems like nothing. Seems dead.

Is there any other test I can do or something? Im worried about it....

Also, it is rooted so if I return it, I have the warranty problem of not serving rooted devices. And I cant unroot it since it wont turn on.

Please some help :)

Thanks!

Reactions: eggsack

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
After about 30 minutes without the batter inside, I reinstered it and it was plugged into the charger and orange LED went up :) I turned it on and it turned on :)

Relieved but....I do want to know the reason behind this just in case next time....My warranty expires May 5 so.....

On that last note, should I unroot it and return it just to get a refund? Scared something like this may rehappen.

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
By default, on a nightly, it was on the interactive governor when it has always been on ondamand. After reading a description, Ive changed it to ondamand just in case...

Siddy1200

Nov 2, 2010
No one answered cause this is really common and you would have found hundreds of these threads if you had searched.

Next time it happens:

Take the battery out
Wait 5mins (not 5 seconds)
put battery in
hold the power button for a few seconds
plug in the charger after the screen has light up (NOT BEFORE)!)
Phone will boot and be charging

If that doesn't work, try again but leave the battery out for 30mins.
If that doesn't work you need a new battery.

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
No one answered cause this is really common and you would have found hundreds of these threads if you had searched.

Next time it happens:

Take the battery out
Wait 5mins (not 5 seconds)
put battery in
hold the power button for a few seconds
plug in the charger after the screen has light up (NOT BEFORE)!)
Phone will boot and be charging

If that doesn't work, try again but leave the battery out for 30mins.
If that doesn't work you need a new battery.
Even though it is common, why does this happen?

The technical details behind it always help resolve a problem in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey

Usually I dont use caps in titles or "help" "urgent" etc but something has happpened to my Desire Z and now it just wont turn on.

Basically I left it charging with the green led on and when I went somewhere I noticed that the green led wasnt on but I supposed that it was actually blinking notifing me of some notification so I didnt even look. When I got to my destination, I went to turn it on and usual way a press of the power button. The screen didnt light up. I supposed it was some kernel panic or something so I simply took out the battery and put it back in and pressed the power button to turn on. This is when I started to worry: It didnt turn on. I again took it out and in and still nothing. Only at ONE point did it show the white HTC logo booting then it went black again and still nothing.

I came back home and plugged it into the charger, another fear: No LED at all. Im trying it with and without the battery and it seems like nothing. Seems dead.

Is there any other test I can do or something? Im worried about it....

Also, it is rooted so if I return it, I have the warranty problem of not serving rooted devices. And I cant unroot it since it wont turn on.

Please some help :)

Thanks!