[Tool] Nvflash unbricking released!

Search This thread

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Hi,
Is there images (system.img, recovery.img and boot.img) for nvflash to restore Asus legacy firmware (WW) ?

My Eee Pad is semi-bricked, touchscreen unresponsive (first battery drain for less than 10 minutes, other battery drain fails to restore the touchscreen). I tried prime 1.5 and tranformer roms, I hoped for that rom fix the problem.

Now, the only solution is the rma but there's problem I'm under Prime rom, I have access to CWM or ADB to restore an Asus rom...

I need this files or any solution to restore the original rom and recovery.

Thanks to help me, I spend 4 full days with no results.

You have a few choices,

http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.php?1071-Asus-Transformer-NVFlash-Stock-3.1-Recovery-Roms

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1093403&highlight=unroot

Reactions: enestu

enestu

Aug 24, 2010
Big big thanks baseballfanz :)
Now I can return my Eepad to reseller for exchange or rma.

This links should be on the first post, very usefull

Last edited:

xMini

Nov 14, 2010
HELP :( !!

i tried doing this but now it's stuck :( !! it was saying entering nvidia servers or something then it stopped !! please help me :(

threev

Mar 22, 2008
Not quite there

So I downloaded NVFlash and the ROM, unpacked it, installed the drivers for APX, etc, watched the video 3 times and all I get when I hit the download.bat file is a quick black screen with the CMD lines for a few seconds then it goes away, never completing the install. TF sits there and has the "entering NVFlash..." dialogue but nothing happens. I let it sit for 20 mins and it still didn't get going. When I click download.bat again, another CMD window pops up and says NVFlash started but nothing happens.

I am doing this because I ran out of ideas to get the black screen of death problem fixed. It refuses to come on. At least this gets the screen on but I can't get it going. I read the whole thread and apparently no one else has this issue.

Ideas?

Unheard

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So I downloaded NVFlash and the ROM, unpacked it, installed the drivers for APX, etc, watched the video 3 times and all I get when I hit the download.bat file is a quick black screen with the CMD lines for a few seconds then it goes away, never completing the install. TF sits there and has the "entering NVFlash..." dialogue but nothing happens. I let it sit for 20 mins and it still didn't get going. When I click download.bat again, another CMD window pops up and says NVFlash started but nothing happens.

I am doing this because I ran out of ideas to get the black screen of death problem fixed. It refuses to come on. At least this gets the screen on but I can't get it going. I read the whole thread and apparently no one else has this issue.

Ideas?

Had some confusion myself with that, just power cycle the TF. It will go right back into APX then you can run the bat again.

threev

Mar 22, 2008
Had some confusion myself with that, just power cycle the TF. It will go right back into APX then you can run the bat again.

I can't power cycle it really. I can hold down power + vol up and restart it, sort of, but that's it. I can't boot it at all. Going on 24 hours now with the black screen I can't seem to get rid of.

I can't believe how tolerant people are of this problem. This is totally unacceptable. If I had bought it in a store I would have brought it back by now for sure. Sending it back online is a pain in the a$$ so I am trying to fix it, with no luck.

And now I can't even get this to work, as easy as it should be.

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
I can't power cycle it really. I can hold down power + vol up and restart it, sort of, but that's it. I can't boot it at all. Going on 24 hours now with the black screen I can't seem to get rid of.

I can't believe how tolerant people are of this problem. This is totally unacceptable. If I had bought it in a store I would have brought it back by now for sure. Sending it back online is a pain in the a$$ so I am trying to fix it, with no luck.

And now I can't even get this to work, as easy as it should be.

What have you done? it's simply! :D also for me that i'm noob was simple...for first link tablet to PC and hold volume Up + ON. After enter in Device Manager and find APX (with yellow triangle) and click on proprieties -> Update drivers ->select the folder of Nvflash on desk and wait the process. After enter in the same folder and click Download.bat (it will open DoS Prompt and show all progresses). Finally Tablet will reboot automatically.

I've some problems installing Prime 1.4 with this method, so i refleshed Stock Rom with same method and after i use Nvflash for apply root access, CWM and Superuser on it. After i used CWM for change Kernel and WPA_Supplicant and overclocked it to 1.6Ghz. So That's it!! :cool:

What's problem? mah..

threev

Mar 22, 2008
What have you done? it's simply! :D also for me that i'm noob was simple...for first link tablet to PC and hold volume Up + ON. After enter in Device Manager and find APX (with yellow triangle) and click on proprieties -> Update drivers ->select the folder of Nvflash on desk and wait the process. After enter in the same folder and click Download.bat (it will open DoS Prompt and show all progresses). Finally Tablet will reboot automatically.

I've some problems installing Prime 1.4 with this method, so i refleshed Stock Rom with same method and after i use Nvflash for apply root access, CWM and Superuser on it. After i used CWM for change Kernel and WPA_Supplicant and overclocked it to 1.6Ghz. So That's it!! :cool:

What's problem? mah..

I did all of those things. I am sure I am doing everything right, honestly went over it 60 times in two days. All the standard stuff you are saying, I have done, numerous times, on two different computers, with multiple versions of each file. I love tech challenges because you learn a lot troubleshooting, but this is enough now.

I cannot believe how tolerant everyone is of this black screen problem with this tablet. I didn't see even one review that included this and I can't believe Asus hasn't completely fixed it with updates. I am so mad to have to return this and debate getting a new one or a different tablet all together. I just got it and waited a few months to get it so it is especially annoying.

Unheard

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I did all of those things. I am sure I am doing everything right, honestly went over it 60 times in two days. All the standard stuff you are saying, I have done, numerous times, on two different computers, with multiple versions of each file. I love tech challenges because you learn a lot troubleshooting, but this is enough now.

I cannot believe how tolerant everyone is of this black screen problem with this tablet. I didn't see even one review that included this and I can't believe Asus hasn't completely fixed it with updates. I am so mad to have to return this and debate getting a new one or a different tablet all together. I just got it and waited a few months to get it so it is especially annoying.

When you are @ the black screen, hold the power ONLY for 10 seconds or so. You should here windows lose the device then redetect it, and you should see the APX driver in device manager on the PC. The screen will remain black. Once there, re-run NVFlash. That should fix your issue.

Also, how is this ASUS's problem?

Last edited:

threev

Mar 22, 2008
When you are @ the black screen, hold the power ONLY for 10 seconds or so. You should here windows lose the device then redetect it, and you should see the APX driver in device manager on the PC. The screen will remain black. Once there, re-run NVFlash. That should fix your issue.

Also, how is this ASUS's problem?

Listen, this is terribly obvious advice to fix this problem. You think I haven't done this? Really? You think I have had the black screen for 2 days and didn't hold down the power and have it redetect? Come on, dude.

How is this their problem? They have a new piece of equipment with a major problem which I have never seen with any piece of electronics ever. Yeah, it's the user's issue...Asus should just ride this one out. This will affect the future of all my purchases of Asus electronics.

Last edited:

pilotbluemike

Oct 5, 2010
New York
its clearly not an ASUS problem, you knowingly voided your warranty when attempting to root the TF... sorry it didnt work, but nvflash unbricks, not bricks the TF. There must have been some user error somewhere..

fliparsenal

Nov 17, 2008
NewYork.apk
Hey guys,

I'm about ready to make the jump and root. However I'm still not sure if this will wipe all memory off the transformer. Is it safe for me to try this without losing installed memory?

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
Hey guys,

I'm about ready to make the jump and root. However I'm still not sure if this will wipe all memory off the transformer. Is it safe for me to try this without losing installed memory?

Today you haven't wipe all data..use Nvflash only for apply Root, CWM and Superuser on the Stock Honeycomb on your device. (Read Pure Root on the main page). After using CWM you can change kernel with your best choice :)

Reactions: RAMBO29

threev

Mar 22, 2008
its clearly not an ASUS problem, you knowingly voided your warranty when attempting to root the TF... sorry it didnt work, but nvflash unbricks, not bricks the TF. There must have been some user error somewhere..

I tried to root BECAUSE OF Asus's problem. I was fine running stock, for now at least, until I had a black screen (that apparently hundreds of users have) that I could not get rid of. Pay attention before commenting.

In any event, this is going back. Good job, Asus, for losing a customer of 15 years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

As most of you probably already know by now, I have released a fully functional nvflash for Transformer yesterday :D
    More information is available at http://androidroot.mobi/2011/06/13/nvflash-on-asus-transformer/

UPDATE 15-06-2011:Bumble-Bee (Apache14) is just as much to thank for this as me! Both of us (from AndroidRoot.Mobi) have worked hard on making this happen! Thanks to Roach for providing the nvflash-ready Prime 1.4 ROM!

UPDATE: The Prime 1.4 linked is European (WW) build! Roach will release 1.5 soon probably and there'll be both WW and US available. I'm planning to write a quick guide on how to root when running stock 3.1 already (it's pretty easy!)! E.g. to stay on full stock and *just* have root :)

Windows nvflash
    Linux nvflash

Quick guide to unbricking:

1. Connect cable to computer and turn device on while holding down Volume Up. Screen will stay off, but USB will come on.
    2. (Windows only) Find “APX” device in Device manager and update driver, then point it at usbpcdriver directory from the zip
    3. Run download.sh (linux) or download.bat (windows)
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    HOWEVER the Prime_v.1.7 is just a ZIP file and I have no idea how to install it

Perhaps you'd like to try reading things.

The main problem that I have is that I ask questions and people start insulting me

This is not your main problem. Your main problem is that you're an utter berk. I've spent thirty seconds in this thread and sniffed out your complete and total lack of thought from over in the SGS2 forum. Tell me, does shining a torch in your ears make your eyes twinkle?

That goes against the whole spirit of XDA Forums

Spirit? What spirit? That these forums are here to hold your hand through the most basic of tasks? I do apologise, we all stand corrected! Please enlighten us, good sir, of your home address so that we all may come to your home, wait on you hand and foot, wipe your arse for you with sheets of pure gossamer hand woven by us from the freshest of silk worms. Of course, being at your beck and call we will indeed endeavour to install all the nasty widdle difficult things onto your tablet for you.

Said the guy who can't figure out a zip file, an archiving technology that's been in use since the 80s.

I do learn fast though, so in one week or less I hope I can understand my device 100%, the only thing that I want now is Gingerbread 3.2, that's all I'm looking for and I'll leave you guys alone :)

I beg to differ. Goldfish with Alzheimers learn faster than you. Why are you even attempting to **** about with your tablet when you don't even know the proper name for the Android version that's on it? It's Honeycomb genius, not Gingerbread. Gingerbread is for phones. Shall we expect a post from you later asking why when you hold your giant Transformer phone to your head much like this fellow* you can't hear anyone on the other end? If you can't find your way around a zip file, much less find your own arse with both hands, a map, a GPS and an ancient oracle guide, what makes you think you should be inevitably bricking your device?

dom-joly-phone.jpg

How about you just skip to the end of your torrid keyboard regurgitation and carry out the only thing you said that matters one jot: Leaving us all alone. Begone, get out, you shouldn't be on a tablet, people as far advanced in the evolutionary stakes as you should still be scratching drawings onto cave walls.
    rapidshare.com/files/1458191659/nvflash.zip
    UPDATE: The Prime 1.4 linked is European (WW) build! Roach will release 1.5 soon probably and there'll be both WW and US available. I'm planning to write a quick guide on how to root when running stock 3.1 already (it's pretty easy!)! E.g. to stay on full stock and *just* have root :)

Just root will not wipe anything?

Yes. Once it's ready, it will be just root, no wiping :)
    It will consist of flashing rooted boot.img, CWM and then and update.zip separately to install su and Superuser.apk.