[Q] Help to identifiy and unbrick a android tablet

Search This thread

muppet82

Apr 28, 2011
Hi all i have a android tablet that has stopped working and i have no idea what it is or how to fix it lol. The tablet powers on but the screen stays black. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanx

Attachments

• IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 87

Valkillmore

May 21, 2012
Northern BC !!
If that is not an Apple product, which it sure looks like, it might be an Eken tablet. My hunting led me to this address and review, though it doesn't refer to it as an EKEN (not that I see). I am not sure, but this sure looks like that tablet you have.

http://www.mytouch-phone.com/lang-e...01-wifi-7-camera-android-22-touch-tablet.html

As far as unbricking it, I will leave that to more experienced users on this site. Will post here if I find a good article or thread to help you out.

Reactions: muppet82

Valkillmore

May 21, 2012
Northern BC !!
Well, it seems like an Eken. Partly from the pics, but mostly from that response......:laugh:

Ekens are a cheap Chinese knockoff. Reviews I have read weren't flattering by any means.

EDIT!!! From power off state, you could try holding down the Up and Down volume buttons at the same time, then press and hold the power button.

It may fire up, then take you into a bootloader menu. From there you may have more options. (from reading, it said many Ekens come rooted and unlocked out of the box)

If not, check for a pinhole reset on the side or a face of the device. With device turned on, try holding it down for 5- 10 seconds This may take you back to factory and start you fresh. That being said, if it is one of these cheap devices, who knows what will happen. :silly:

Last edited:

Valkillmore

May 21, 2012
Northern BC !!
Thanxs for responding, tried the first thing with no luck and this unit had no reset button :'(

Hmmm. And there is no other indication of brand/make/model anywhere on it ?

Sounds more and more like an Eken as I found someone in the same boat as you and they couldn't find a reset pin hole on their device either. I only ask because the more info on the device, the easier to hunt for a solution or workaround for an issue.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

To add.

Try different combos of vol. up/down and power. Maybe hold just the down volume, then press and hold power. Or up volume and power.

It might have a different way of getting to a bootloader or recovery menu. If we can get that, then it might be possible to resurrect it.

Last edited:

muppet82

Apr 28, 2011
Ive tried all button combos and nothing. The device came with a useless instruction book that just says mid instruction on it and contains nothing useful. when the device first stopped working i tried to contact the seller who has since stooped replying lol. He sent me a link to new firmware for the tablet but the link never worked and as i say the seller no longer replies. Here is the email he sent me . Hello,dear friend,thanks for your reply!
we send the new OS fiels to your email,you can copy the fiels to the micro SD card,AND UNLOCK THE FIEL.then put the micro sd car to the item,turn on the tablet,it will unpdate the system,
BTW,the micro sd card has no fiels but only the System fiels.
If it still can't,email us.thank you!

yours wangzhe8
从QQ邮箱发来的超大附件
MD70公模_110301_1.1.1+FLASH4默认中文输入.rar (201MB, 2011年07月14日 20:22 到期)
进入下载页面

Valkillmore

May 21, 2012
Northern BC !!
Ive tried all button combos and nothing. The device came with a useless instruction book that just says mid instruction on it and contains nothing useful.

Well, it is definitely an EKEN tablet then. They are sometimes referred to as "Mid"s as seen on the first link I gave you earlier. (sometimes referred to as aPads as well)

Hmmm. Sorry I can't be more help. I will keep checking around for answers for you, but I can't promise any real results.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If that is not an Apple product, which it sure looks like, it might be an Eken tablet. My hunting led me to this address and review, though it doesn't refer to it as an EKEN (not that I see). I am not sure, but this sure looks like that tablet you have.

http://www.mytouch-phone.com/lang-e...01-wifi-7-camera-android-22-touch-tablet.html

As far as unbricking it, I will leave that to more experienced users on this site. Will post here if I find a good article or thread to help you out.