[ROM][11/13/13][Flo] - {Google Official OTA} - Stock Rooted 4.4 - KRT16O - KitKat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rambytes

Jul 14, 2012
Montréal
Are you sure? What i've see is a transparent bottom bar, the icon to go into the app list is different (like semi-transparent white circle with 6 little square into)

nbehary

Dec 8, 2010
Naperville, Il
Are you sure? What i've see is a transparent bottom bar, the icon to go into the app list is different (like semi-transparent white circle with 6 little square into)

You need the latest Search app and GoogleHome. The latest PA gapps have both. Or search for GoogleHome.apk and install that. (Odds are you have the latest search app, it rolled out on Play yesterday)

KedarWolf

Apr 27, 2012
Mirror For Odex Kit Kat Rom, Bootloader, SuperSU from earlier in the thread.

Since I went through the time to upload them, I figured I would share my MEGA mirror for the Odexed ROM, the Bootloader, the 1.69 SuperSU update zip, and the WMA/MPEG decode patch from earlier in the thread.
https://mega.co.nz/#F!eFt2xRLC!Y5NxLzsBeDto3vHTTg71lg

Scott, once Dev-Host is working well again or you put up some mirrors, just let me know if you want this link to disappear. I can also give you any download stats once I take it down if you want to add them in or something.

This was earlier in the thread for those looking for a mirror. :D

HW decoder missing though. :(

Oh, I still had the dePRIMAtor.zip (WMA/MPEG decode 4.3 kernel wi-fi patch) on my sdcard so I uploaded it in this post.

Attachments

• dePRIMAtor.zip
    132.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: meekrawb

Cryptecks

Aug 1, 2010
Athens, Ohio
This was earlier in the thread for those looking for a mirror. :D

HW decoder missing though. :(

Oh, I still had the dePRIMAtor.zip (WMA/MPEG decode 4.3 kernel wi-fi patch) on my sdcard so I uploaded it in this post.
I had moved the HW decode patch into a different folder, not realizing that it wouldn't show up from my link. Apologies, and my mirror is up with all four files for anyone having trouble with Goo or DevHost.

Mirror: https://mega.co.nz/#F!eFt2xRLC!Y5NxLzsBeDto3vHTTg71lg

KedarWolf

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks!!

I had moved the HW decode patch into a different folder, not realizing that it wouldn't show up from my link. Apologies, and my mirror is up with all four files for anyone having trouble with Goo or DevHost.

Mirror: https://mega.co.nz/#F!eFt2xRLC!Y5NxLzsBeDto3vHTTg71lg

My bad, thought the HW decoder was the dePRIMAtor patch. Maybe you can include the patch in your folder as well. I found out ElementalX, a 4.3 kernel works just great with it, fixes no wi-fi on the FLO. :silly:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Attention K-Mart shoppers!

Thread will be closed for cleaning. It will re-open shortly.

Thread Re-opened.

Ok Shoppers, thread is re-opened, but you should read this please.

I have cleaned the thread of the redundant and off topic posts.

Thanks- You have a thanks button, there is absolutely "0" reason to make a post. Use the button, and the "star" rating.
SU- been discussed 100 times. Use the search, don't create another post
Launcher, Gel, etc- Been discussed
Install- Please.... Wipes and flash, if you do a dirty flash, you're asking for issues. If you don't know how to install, you don't need to be here.
Bootloader- Does this really need to be discussed? It's 4.4 Major version changes mean new bootloader.
Downloads- Try a different link, or download later.
Kernels- Please......... Go ahead and run patched 4.3 kernels, but better to wait for 4.4 kernels.

A lot of this stuff should have been in Q & A. I have left some things, as hopefully people will search the thread, BEFORE making a new post. If your post was deleted, it's nothing personal. It's because it was way too off topic or it was previously discussed. I hate deleting posts, but is necessary to keep the thread clean.

Any more app errors, and maybe you should wait for updated third party apps, or at the very least attach a "logcat". It's a development thread, not a "help thread".

MD

Last edited:

adellon92

Dec 23, 2010
Apk installation failed?

Hi, iam trying to install some APK's from storage, but they always fail to install, no issue with installing apps from Playstore, and ive installed the same APK on my galaxy nexus (4.3) never had this issue on my N7 when it was on 4.3, do you think it could be something to do with 4.4 (stock)? and i tried installing the APK on bothe Dalvic and ART.

Update: Fixed the issue, by moving the APK to /system/app

Last edited:
Reactions: HoangDuyBaby

sevenslugs

Feb 18, 2012
Hi, iam trying to install some APK's from storage, but they always fail to install, no issue with installing apps from Playstore, and ive installed the same APK on my galaxy nexus (4.3) never had this issue on my N7 when it was on 4.3, do you think it could be something to do with 4.4 (stock)? and i tried installing the APK on bothe Dalvic and ART.

Had this same issue finally got textplus installed and now it force closes all the time did not have the issue with 4.3 and below

Btw 4.4 is great so far thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Marck527

Jun 26, 2013
My root is gone? Flashed the odexed version with no problem and the bootloader, supersu said no binary is installed, not even after I updated it to the latest from the play store. I have tried reflashing it and fixing the root through twrp but still no root :/

Sent from my Nexus 7

andyman_187

Aug 16, 2011
Metro Manila
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Tried dirty flashing de-odexed version coming from CleanROM 1.7...aaaand profit! Everything seems to be working well so far. FC I had was on Google services which updated automatically. Wild Blood also gets FCs but I was gonna uninstall anyway. AOSP browser FCs when trying to open new incognito tab (boo!). Weird bonus though was with the stock email app with the no-pin exchange mod which I was running on CleanROM got updated to the new version (looks more like Gmail now which is great), and it didn't break sync or required me to update lockscreen security preferences. Will probably run this for a few days before trying odex + ART...anyone able to compare this with de-odex yet? Oh, scrolling on XDA app still sucks....works better on my ancient S2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bajong

Oct 16, 2010
Makati
Tried dirty flashing de-odexed version coming from CleanROM 1.7...aaaand profit! Everything seems to be working well so far. FC I had was on Google services which updated automatically. Wild Blood also gets FCs but I was gonna uninstall anyway. AOSP browser FCs when trying to open new incognito tab (boo!). Weird bonus though was with the stock email app with the no-pin exchange mod which I was running on CleanROM got updated to the new version (looks more like Gmail now which is great), and it didn't break sync or required me to update lockscreen security preferences. Will probably run this for a few days before trying odex + ART...anyone able to compare this with de-odex yet? Oh, scrolling on XDA app still sucks....works better on my ancient S2.

try the odex version kabayan ^_^ fast, smooth no FCs

Reactions: andyman_187

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Thank you so much for this ROM... Too bad you don't have an n10! It would make getting the update on there so much easier!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rambytes

Jul 14, 2012
Montréal
This ROm is PERFECT.. no problem for me... THANKS alot!!!!

The only thing that is missing for me is the "double tap 2 wake" feature.... but for the rom, is perfect!!!

many thanks!!!!

huhu2207

Sep 26, 2012
Shenzhen & Melbourne
There is something wrong with my computer and i cannot install fastboot drivers. So are there any new flashable radio image ? Thanks

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
This ROm is PERFECT.. no problem for me... THANKS alot!!!!

The only thing that is missing for me is the "double tap 2 wake" feature.... but for the rom, is perfect!!!

many thanks!!!!

If you look back a page or two there's a link posted for a zip file, you can flash elemental 1.8 and the zip mod and have double tap wake. I haven't tried it yet myself because I want to use it as-is for a little bit.

Reactions: Rambytes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Outdated Thread!
    New Thread with new OTA can be found here:
    [ROM][11/19/13][Flo] - {Latest OTA} - Stock Rooted 4.4 - KRT16S - First KitKat Update

Official Google Stock Rooted Android 4.4 KitKat

Features
    • Android KitKat 4.4 - KRT16O
    • Completely stock
    • De-Odex and Odex!
    • Pre-rooted
    • init.d support

KitKat-official.png

Download HERE!

Hit Thanks!

Root Note:

The version of SuperSU in the ROM is 1.65. Chainfire just updated to 1.69 (while I was uploading the ROMS).

For the most part it should auto update for you but if you have issues then just flash the updated SuperSU from his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Thanks to the following people that make what I do possible
    • DSI-XDA (Kitchen tools)
    • Chainfire (Root)
    • JesusFreke (smali tools for de-odexing)
    • Everyone who donates, says positive things and over encourages me to make ROMZ!
    • My Wife (for not feaking out when I go a day without sleep so I can make ROMZ, unlike most wifes, she gets it!)
    The KitKat Bootloader from the OTA is attached.

• Please dont ask if you need it.
    • Some report that the bootloader is not needed.
    • I always recommend it.
    De-Odex is up... and had 12 downloads in a matter of seconds, lol

Please hit thanks if you download!

Uploading Odex now... But wont post it until morning... I need sleep!
    Thanks for staying up to build this, for us.

Sent from my SM-N900P
    Your welcome...

No Need for Gapps? Flash from TWRP and Thats it?

Correct. This is stock rooted as google produces it besides being rooted. Comes with all the G-Crapps.