[Q] Help with I9192 - I need the PIT file in order to repartition after encryption

Search This thread

svilendotorg

Apr 28, 2007
Hello,

I have enabled full encryption on my I9192 with 4.2.2 firmware a month ago.
Now I did a hard reset, and even after flashing with various firmware via ODIN on every boot the phone is asking for the encryption password.

I just can't remove it no matter what I do via ODIN, except the PIT option.

Can someone with working I9192 3G 8GB model please send me the PIT file, so I can try to repartition (and hopefully remove the encryption password) ?

Thank you in advance guys !

Last edited:
Reactions: angelf40

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
I have a backup made with Efs Pro that also made an .pit file
Not sure if it is the same as Odin .pit file tho I never used repartition on any phones i had
Try to open the file with PIT Magic and see if all is ok

Attachments

• GT-I9192.rar
    698 bytes · Views: 22,223

svilendotorg

Apr 28, 2007
Not sure if it is the same as Odin .pit file tho I never used repartition on any phones i had

Many thanks, SilviuMik !

I have just solved the issue in another way that might be useful for the other users that face the same issue:
- the CWM provided with the custom I9192 firmwares seems to ignore the encrypted /data partition and even if it I format it, and CWM says it's formatted, it's not.
- the solution: load OEM unmodified firmware with ODIN (I9192XXUAMF7,I9192XXUAMF9,I9192XXUAMH2), then boot in recovery mode and from there select "format data partition". The OEM recovery seems to be able to format the encrypted /data partition, so now the phone booted normally.

I'll keep this file just in case I need to repartition, so many thanks again for the quick answer !
Best wishes on the New Year eve and 2014 !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I9192 official pit file
    Hello,

I have enabled full encryption on my I9192 with 4.2.2 firmware a month ago.
    Now I did a hard reset, and even after flashing with various firmware via ODIN on every boot the phone is asking for the encryption password.

I just can't remove it no matter what I do via ODIN, except the PIT option.

Can someone with working I9192 3G 8GB model please send me the PIT file, so I can try to repartition (and hopefully remove the encryption password) ?

Thank you in advance guys !