Recovery for locked bootloaders!!!!!

Search This thread

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
Will this enable root for locked bootloaders? Flash a zip with Superuser and the required binaries.

desmondtutu

Jun 21, 2008
Neo V

hello,
can i use this method to for my Xperia Neo V GB 2.3.4, (42) root, but locked bootloader?
thank you

gggg

Jun 18, 2012
CPU frequency prob ??

1. I like your .cmd methode, as it uses the original chargemon > so its universal (GB/ICS), but the Script seems to set CPU-Frequeny:
Code:
 echo 1024000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
 echo 245000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
but I think ARC and ARC S have different max. frequency ??? ARC S has 1,4Ghz so this seems to be wrong ??

Updater: I tried it ... cPU still on 1,4 ;)

Last edited:

gggg

Jun 18, 2012
- is it a so called nandroide backup ?
- as this backup does not seem to backup all files ... is there another backup doing a real image or at least save all files ?

Last edited:

HwaA18

Jul 21, 2012
Philadelphia
hey guys whats happening i came across this in my daily rummaging and will probably help out alot of people here with locked bootloaders. I take no creds for any of this exciting work all creds go these guys: Nobodyatall, puppet13th, draco_ag for his effordless testing and debugging
koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

Clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.6 easy installation for

xperia mini/minipro/active/live with walkman

1.run install-cwm?.cmd
install-cwm1.cmd for xperia arc / neo / play
install-cwm2.cmd for xperia mini / minipro / active / live with walkman
2.enable usb debugging on device
3.connect your device using usb data cable
4.follow on screen instruction

usage

when booting your phone and when the 'sony ericsson' logo appear, press and release continuously the volume down button.
Once you are in the cwm recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Disclaimer:
I can't be held responsible if this mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk! :d

all you need to do is download attchment extract somwhere on your computer and start it up it will do everything automatically! Have fun guys hope this helps:d

it wont work!!
Please help!!!!

sewer56lol

With this, could we overclock or flash roms? Sorry, still a little confused...

Overclock (No That's a kernel thing and Kernel is only exchangeable with a locked bootloader)
Flash (Yes you can flash zips through CWM)

There is also an app that can do this for you on your phone and all you need is root.
It is called CWM AUTO INSTALLER (Now renamed to X-PARTS)
It can give you a recovery for any Xperia device.

Reactions: Mega5657

Cyborg Slayer

Apr 13, 2012
Been fooling with this for hours on my R800x and I can't get it to work.

It seems to install and I'm able to boot into recovery, but it doesn't create a clockworkmod directory on my sd card so I can put the rom I want to flash inside. Any idea?

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
I can't even get into recovery. I had it before, but I went back to the 2.3.3 ftf stock file, re-rooted with Zergrush, verified that I have root, etc. Everything appears to be the same, but I can't get into recovery now. What the....

fathawg

Mar 5, 2011
I can't even get into recovery. I had it before, but I went back to the 2.3.3 ftf stock file, re-rooted with Zergrush, verified that I have root, etc. Everything appears to be the same, but I can't get into recovery now. What the....

Download the original V1 of CWM installer the updated XParts on the Market does not work. Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app

jamesdotbond

Feb 3, 2010
One simple question

Hi ppl, good work on this Recovery for locked bootloaders.
My question is simple:
I have bootloader lock and install this recovery, can i install a custom rom? like ICS Android 4.0.3

Thanks.

alex4659

Jun 23, 2010
Alpharetta
E:can't open /sdcard/xyz123rom.zip

what am i doing wrong?

thanks,
Alex

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

now its saying:
E: signature verification fail

any help would be very nice.

thanks

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
E:can't open /sdcard/xyz123rom.zip

what am i doing wrong?

thanks,
Alex

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

now its saying:
E: signature verification fail

any help would be very nice.

thanks

Looks like you have a bad download try redownloading it

sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play™(r800x) Running Slimbean 3.0 using Tapatalk 2™

Dhennick99

Jun 11, 2013
Doesn't work for my xperia play r800at. It says cleaning up press any key and the cmd closes with nothing installed on the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys whats happening I came across this in my daily rummaging and will probably help out alot of people here with locked bootloaders. I take no creds for any of this exciting work ALL creds go these guys: nobodyAtall, puppet13th, draco_ag for his effordless testing and debugging
    koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
    Cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 Easy installation for

Xperia Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live With Walkman

1.Run install-cwm?.cmd
    install-cwm1.cmd for Xperia Arc / Neo / PLAY
    install-cwm2.cmd for Xperia Mini / MiniPro / Active / Live With Walkman
    2.Enable USB Debugging on device
    3.Connect your device using usb data cable
    4.Follow on screen instruction

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' logo appear, press and release continuously the volume down button.
    Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk! :D

All you need to do is download attchment extract somwhere on your computer and start it up it will do everything automatically! Have fun guys hope this helps:D
    1 small step for android 1 giant step for xperia play!
    With this, could we overclock or flash roms? Sorry, still a little confused...
    I don't know. If there is a 2.3.4 ROM available to flash, and if it could be given CDMA support (if it doesn't have it now), that's what I was thinking. The recovery wouldn't give us the ROM obviously, just make it easier to flash without unlocking the bootloader.

Other than being able to clear cache and making a backup, I'm not sure what else -is- possible now. That's what I would like to find out. Perhaps, Thatsupnow, you might make some suggestions of what can be done. :)

Maybe try that cdma patch that is around here somewhere with generic N.A. Rom but then again it would have to be a backup of the rom.... I think, in order to get the rom and radio working. If you want I could always make a backup of this rom and you could give it a shot?? Let me know what you think of that idea

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
    This sounds interesting. I'm eagerly waiting for Xperia play 800at first android phone for me. Got my first taste from my hp touchpad cm7. Long time iPhone user jumping ship anyone got a pointers for this Xperia noob?

read, read, read, read, do research, read some more, etc etc etc.