[HUMOR][EPIC 4G TOUCH EDITION] You know you're rooted when..

Search This thread

deedscreen

Nov 4, 2010
Connecticut
You know you're rooted when.. You see this hot chick, you approach her, conversing a few words, showing interest. You insist that she should have your number, she whips out an iPhone from her purse to take your number. You then tell her that you just forgot that you hadn't paid your phone bill and won't be on for a while, you apologize and walk away.

.: Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy S II™ Epic™ 4G Touch ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ :.

Some girls are special... they need an iPhone to appear "SMART"

S low
M an
A nnoying
R at
T alker

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
You Know Ur Rooted When Your Odin Count is 74 and You've only had your phone For 2 Months!

I've used triangle away about 30times in the last 2 days from trying to get init.d working and bootlooping with no recovery and having to Odin el26+cwm kernel so i could reflash my rom lol, I haven't made a backup since I got on ics so everytime I softbrick or boot loop I'm hitting up Odin to flash el26 kernel I think in the last month I've probably had a total flash count of 100 or so it was at 62 when i first used triangle away, I was at 61 with no triangle so i left it, 62 gave me the triangle which annoyed me so i got rid of it. Once I realized how easy it was I went crazy just randomly flashing and bootlooping testing different crap not caring about the triangle anymore ;) . And you know you're rooted when you spend more time explaining to your mom you couldn't answer the phone cuz you were flashing aokp and explaining that aokp is not a sorority and you were not showing a bunch of college chicks your doodle, you were installing a custom rom on your phone, and she says idk what that is just as long as you're not showing random chicks your parts have fun, I don't need you having to register as a sex offender for flashing aokp whatever that means :rolleyes:

sniper

Jan 30, 2012
San Diego
Was reading some tech journals and found an app you may enjoy if you feel like the screen is too bright at night time. It's called lux auto brightness that allows for lowering brightness even further than zero. I'm loving it so far as it has been one problem i had with the otherwise beautiful amoled.

They'll be in sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/

You can just rename them using any file browser. I'm not sure if you can put spaces in them, but I just used underscores or periods when renaming because that's how they're named normally and I'm just extra cautious.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
Man, why didn't anyone tell me there were two versions of the Att sgs2? The I777 and the I727! I downloaded the kernel for the wrong phone and Odin'ed it to my friends s2. He saw AKOP on my phone and wanted it on his.
I searched skyrocket in the search bar and found Att galaxy S2 skyrocket development, skimmed over the tuts, basically the same procedure as our phones. Downloaded him CWM recovery and his ROM, went to flash it and kept getting a red failed instead of a pass! I said, well that's a first. I went to turn on his phone and a message came on saying firmware failed blah blah blah.
wideeyed.gif
My heart sank. No boot, no recovery but download mode still worked, I knew all hope wasn't lost.

After an hour of reading around the forum I glanced over to his phone with the battery off, I noticed it said sgh-I777 and looked at the ROMs and noticed they had sgh-I727 in the titles.
Facepalm8.gif
I googled xda sgh-I777 and found the right forum, thank god I finally found a tar to fix his phone. He's rocking AKOP now and couldn't be happier. Im just glad I didn't brick him.
thumbs_up.png

Last edited:

krazy_smokezalot

Sep 24, 2010
Washington DC
You know your rooted when....

Your girl keeps bugging about what im always doing on my phone, flashing rom's catching up on xda, missed calls and text while flashing etc.

But you know your rooted with a crazy GF when she takes the wooden kitchen mallet and smashes my EVO 3D into 50 pieces of junk.

Hence me getting my ET4G

Guess wasent so bad after all.. ;)

Lol wtf that sounds crazy thank for taking for taking one for the guy team lol

U no your rooted wen u talk about how better your phone is than b4, and your friends have no clue about what you are talking about

sniper

Jan 30, 2012
San Diego
You know you're rooted when you're known around campus by some people as that hacker kid, haha. But that's probably partially from me making and using xbox 360 jtags to give them 10th prestige and whatnot and also giving everyone a way around our school's stupid internet blocks :cool:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

nathan7

Nov 1, 2007
Not only you know that you are rooted you will be sure when your wife will contact divorce lawyer because u only care about ur pnone and you been changing ROM since 1st smart phone came out on market, you could be making more money, you could have got even degree in software but no. 1st was wm 6 then android never ending story , you got 100 perfect rom but I don't know what do you want. why you are ching rom everyday ..:.LOL

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Man, why didn't anyone tell me there were two versions of the Att sgs2? The I777 and the I727! I downloaded the kernel for the wrong phone and Odin'ed it to my friends s2. He saw AKOP on my phone and wanted it on his.
I searched skyrocket in the search bar and found Att galaxy S2 skyrocket development, skimmed over the tuts, basically the same procedure as our phones. Downloaded him CWM recovery and his ROM, went to flash it and kept getting a red failed instead of a pass! I said, well that's a first. I went to turn on his phone and a message came on saying firmware failed blah blah blah.
wideeyed.gif
My heart sank. No boot, no recovery but download mode still worked, I knew all hope wasn't lost.

After an hour of reading around the forum I glanced over to his phone with the battery off, I noticed it said sgh-I777 and looked at the ROMs and noticed they had sgh-I727 in the titles.
Facepalm8.gif
I googled xda sgh-I777 and found the right forum, thank god I finally found a tar to fix his phone. He's rocking AKOP now and couldn't be happier. Im just glad I didn't brick him.
thumbs_up.png

You know you're rooted when you read stuff on a thread that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and you say to yourself, "hmm that's good to know"
Pp.

sent from my Comadore 750X/V8 supercharger.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
You know you're rooted when you can flash roms on 3 ddifferent devices all at the same time :) (I'm doing that right this very moment ;)

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com
YKYR when you use SFHub's autoroot tool.. ;)

.. you've spent 20 minutes reading every post in this thread and laughed at most cause they've happened to you..

Too many are taken already.. I went with a corny one.. lol

sj

Sent from my SGS2 Epic 4G Touch on AoKPm5 FD26 OS4.0.4 with dpi @ 128 using Tap@Talk 2.1 Pro

Reactions: fryingpan0613

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know you're rooted when your girlfriend doesn't understand why you spend so much time "fixing" a brand new phone.
    You know you're rooted....
    when you miss a call from friends or family, and they ask why....
    You tell them that you must have been "in recovery", and don't understand the strange looks they give you:
    "Mom, I DON'T have a drug problem!"
    You know you're rooted when the term sextape has lost its original meaning in your mind.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
    You know your rooted when you flash something in cwm at work and soft brick so you lite to your boss so you can leave early to access Odin at home

You know you're rooted when... you never have to clear out your sms inbox because you just do it when you flash a new rom.