Gear 2 / Gear Live comparison thread

Search This thread

dazkeirle

Jun 20, 2009
To make it all a little easier for the consumer to make an informed decision I think it would be useful to build a comparison thread.

This is not for slating or making big statements about Samsung strategy, literally feature and technical comparison.

I.e music : Gear 2, ability to store locally and play through device or phone. Gear live, ability to control music playing on phone.

Please post any areas you know are 100% true and I'll update the first post.

plecebo

Oct 20, 2010
Yeah I mean being able to answer a call from the watch is a nice feature to keep :/

Last edited:

brazcub

Oct 1, 2008
Winthrop, WA
To make it all a little easier for the consumer to make an informed decision I think it would be useful to build a comparison thread.

This is not for slating or making big statements about Samsung strategy, literally feature and technical comparison.

I.e music : Gear 2, ability to store locally and play through device or phone. Gear live, ability to control music playing on phone.

I love my Gear 2, mainly because of the ability to make/receive calls and the camera.Those two main features are not available on the Gear Live.

Android Wear looks awesome so far though.

Reactions: jmdearras

gav83collins

I love my Gear 2, mainly because of the ability to make/receive calls and the camera.Those two main features are not available on the Gear Live.

I have both but prefer my gear, simply because of the full android os (almost) thanks to the custom null rom

gear 1 has overclocking and undervolting, playstore access, on screen keyboard, full customizeable apex launcher, xposed framework and modules, extended camera record unlimited.......shall i go on

gear 2 has none of the above (as yet)

brazcub

Oct 1, 2008
Winthrop, WA
I have both but prefer my gear, simply because of the full android os (almost) thanks to the custom null rom

gear 1 has overclocking and undervolting, playstore access, on screen keyboard, full customizeable apex launcher, xposed framework and modules, extended camera record unlimited.......shall i go on

gear 2 has none of the above (as yet)

You have both? Gear 2 and Gear Live?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
Oh no sorry. I thought this was a live comparison. Between the gear 1 and the gear 2 models
My bad
I thought about getting a Gear1, I definitely prefer Android, but decided to get the Gear 2 because development on the original Gear seemed to have all but stopped.

Hoping for development on the Gear 2, but starting to think it may never come with the new Android watches coming out.

The Neo was so cheap that I don't regret it, it will definitely hold me until a better Android option comes out

gav83collins

I thought about getting a Gear1, I definitely prefer Android, but decided to get the Gear 2 because development on the original Gear seemed to have all but stopped.

Hoping for development on the Gear 2, but starting to think it may never come with the new Android watches coming out.

The Neo was so cheap that I don't regret it, it will definitely hold me until a better Android option comes out
the gear 1 , hardly needs any more development, its fantastic

Reactions: slaydog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gear 2, has speaker & mic, Gear live has only mic.
    Gear 2 has Camera / Gear Live no cam.

the gear 1 , hardly needs any more development, its fantastic