Double Power DOPO M975 Root Help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bump

I'm still not having any luck finding any info on rooting this specific device, or even generic root for 4.04.

Was in the same boat as you, so did some poking around the past few days. Just managed to root my Double Power M-975.

First problem was getting ADB drivers installed for the tablet. I found baudi's pdf that did it for me (attached below). Followed that, until the actual rooting at the end. To root, I used SferaDev's Root Rk29 Toolkit (also attached).

Hope this works for you too!
    I recently recieved a Double Power M975 9" tablet as a gift. I have been unable to find any information regarding rooting this tablet.

I am not a total n00b, but rooting is not my forte. I can follow instructions and make logical connections well enough to do a root, but I am honestly at a loss for how to root this thing.

I don't know what all information is required for someone smarter than I to figure it out and relay the steps, but here's the basic info of the Tablet.

Double Power M975 (aka DOPO)
    Android Version 4.04
    Kernel 3.08+ (also says yuxg@yuxg-desktop #99, dunno if that's important)
    Build Number A9 v01b
    Internal Storage is 0.98Gb, with NAND Flash of 5.27Gb, and I have a 32Gb Micro SD card in it.
    9" Screen

If anyone knows how to root this thing, or if you need more info, please let me know below.

Thanks in advance.
    Was in the same boat as you, so did some poking around the past few days. Just managed to root my Double Power M-975.

First problem was getting ADB drivers installed for the tablet. I found baudi's pdf that did it for me (attached below). Followed that, until the actual rooting at the end. To root, I used SferaDev's Root Rk29 Toolkit (also attached).

This worked great! Thank you!! Now I have to figure out how to make a custom rom...

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

DUDE!!! Thank you so much! It totally worked!

For anyone who reads this, know that the linked .pdf is out of date. The majority of it is still valid, however the adb_usb.ini file does not exist. You will have to manually create it in the listed location (make sure to remove the .txt extension and make it an .ini) and the sdk manager file does not exist. You can access the sdk manager through eclipse.exe in the Eclipse folder.

You must have downloaded the ADT Bundle. I did too the first time.

On the Android SDK website if you click "Download for other platforms" then under "SDK tools only" select the zip file for windows you will get the package referred to in the pdf.

I also had to go into device manager and manually update the driver via the method described in the pdf.

The more you know...
    for ADB USB drivers for your computer, download: pdanet+

I was having problems with loading Android ADB USB drivers on my computer by way of methods found for this post but found that USB drivers loaded correctly when I installed PDAnet+ for the computer. So if you are having problems installing Android ADB USB drivers give pdanet+ a try

DUDE!!! Thank you so much! It totally worked!

For anyone who reads this, know that the linked .pdf is out of date. The majority of it is still valid, however the adb_usb.ini file does not exist. You will have to manually create it in the listed location (make sure to remove the .txt extension and make it an .ini) and the sdk manager file does not exist. You can access the sdk manager through eclipse.exe in the Eclipse folder.