[APP] Instant Screen Off (for rooted phones only)

Search This thread

xspyda

Mar 8, 2006
Would also love to be able to power up from soft keys or even the volume keys would be better than the power button. This can be achieved as widget locker has this feature. Doesn't unlock fully though only takes you to the slide to unlock screen.

Thanks to the op, will give this a try. If you have ant time to explore the above it would be appreciated ;-)

Edit: just installed this and its a great app. Simple but very useful.

sHaHiN786

Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
I have make small app, which switching off screen.
Instant, without any waits or faking switching off by set brightness to zero.
It's simulate pressing of power button.

Maybe this one will be interest for somebody :)

root needed

Is this application supposed to save battery life or something? I mean, doesn't the screen switch off when you press the lock button? :confused:

dodo1968

Apr 8, 2005
can it be modified to work with rcmixhd v14 data2ext

root needed

hi exidler

thanks for this handy program , i install it but it did not work as when i press the widget it say not rooted although im rooted and im on rcmixhd rom ver14 ( the one with data2ext) so i think it did not work due to the system files is on the sd card and not on the internal memory , here is the link of the rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=789830&page=1

can you please modify your program to work with rcmixhd v14 data2ext as its very helpful to have it

exidler

Oct 12, 2007
hi exidler

thanks for this handy program , i install it but it did not work as when i press the widget it say not rooted although im rooted and im on rcmixhd rom ver14 ( the one with data2ext) so i think it did not work due to the system files is on the sd card and not on the internal memory , here is the link of the rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=789830&page=1

can you please modify your program to work with rcmixhd v14 data2ext as its very helpful to have it
program for Desire HD, working with another phones does not guaranteed :(

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Hi

May I know how is this different from some of the Lock Widget/App out there for Android phone? Pardon me for my ignorance.

Drew5150

Jul 14, 2010
SF, Ca
"Thank you exidler for this useful app. I am just wondering if you can make use of the accelerometer sensor to turn off the screen ( for example by putting the phone upside down) . Thanks again."

i also agree ! that would be a perfect app and since most people do not check their sms upside down it would also be extremely practical :)

+1

what if you wanted to lay on your bed or couch and send a text message:eek: lmao!

o0jaz0o

Nov 18, 2010
This works perfect, when I'm able to be at my deal would it be ok of I send an icon for you to use?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

y0.o!

Dec 9, 2010
What a great little app, simple and much needed on this giant phone :).
Thanks!

EDIT:

Any chance you could use this icon for me please? I have no idea how to edit apk files atm, but learning :-D
timmie56.deviantart.com/art/Power-Button-Dock-Icon-113956096?q=gallery:timmie56/11777618&qo=26

TY.

Last edited:

Shoarma1998

Apr 3, 2008
Rotterdam
desire

I've got a rooted desire with rcmixhd desire hd rom... doesn't work. Says "something wrong with power off, Not Root"...

anyone?

p.s. don't mind the signature... old one.

fracture12

Nov 3, 2010
this app doesnt appear to be on the market i tried searching for it manually and using the qr code but nothing....do u have any idea on how to get it im interested in this app

SW7

Oct 15, 2010
Cardiff, UK
this app doesnt appear to be on the market i tried searching for it manually and using the qr code but nothing....do u have any idea on how to get it im interested in this app

the apk file is attached to the first post. download the one you wanted, drop it on to your sd card, browse to it in the phone and run it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

root needed