[ROM][PORT][5.20.14] .::StockMOD KitKat::. | TouchWiz 4.4.2 | Sprint L710VPUCND8 | RLS2.1

Search This thread

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Sorry I didn't read it back. I think maybe you need to press Update button after changing
When I press the only Update button I see on the screen, I get an error per the attached screen shot. However, at least it now seems to be defaulting to GSM/LTE, which is fine.

I did a bit of research as saw where that SMSC entry is for messages. I updated with the proper number. That doesn't affect the network setting though, which appears to switch between GSM auto and LTE/GSM auto (maybe depending on if it's picking up a 4G signal?).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-29-16-23-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-29-16-23-08.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Xami

Aug 17, 2011
Madinah
Sorry I didn't read it back. I think maybe you need to press Update button after changing

Anyone know how to add Data toggle and get quick settings like these:

http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....jpg?key=exzL1gjt3z1fTeCqI2B9og&ts=1401395564 from thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719909

I edited build.prop but we get a little sark toggles since I think above color is not embedded in our framework I've tried several build prop device and models and the module in above thread also changes it to same dark.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

When I press the only Update button I see on the screen, I get an error per the attached screen shot. However, at least it now seems to be defaulting to GSM/LTE, which is fine.

Well that means the update button is only for when you add Message centre number in the empty box

Gman_aka_Pop's

Jun 13, 2011
Aloha OPS

I have modified several stuff if you want to incorporate them in to your ROM that i like to mess around with my device..

#1.Unlocked all CSC stuff from FEATURES.xml

#2.Applied "Volume Blaster Light" settings (check my signature for details)
to etc/snd_soc_msm

#3. modded Buil.prop to reflect I747M device and Network modes (9) for d2can

Update: This is not a flashable Mod, This are the modded component for the OPS to check them out!!

Love your work

Awesome mod thanks bro!!!! My sound is way louder but still very clear and not distorted.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Gave it a shot. Same thing.

But, Erueka!...a little experimentation seems to have corrected the problem. The last entry in my build.prop is "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice". I turned it on (setting to 1 from 0) and, upon reboot, the Network Mode option is now showing with lots of options. I have chosen "GSM/WCDMA/LTE", and I appear to be good to go.

The developer(s) may want to make this setting a default in future releases.

Great job bro!!!! Worked like a charm:) Anyone one else annoyed of the T-Mobile boot up and power off animations? I happened to figure out how to install custom animations.

Reactions: MrFhenix

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Great job bro!!!! Worked like a charm:) Anyone one else annoyed of the T-Mobile boot up and power off animations? I happened to figure out how to install custom animations.
Odd, I get T-Mobile on LikeWise but AT&T on this one (build.prop setting??). Anyway, do tell (or write). I had a custom animation that I could put in System/Media on AOSP, but I haven't figured it out with TW based Roms. What's the secret?

Xami

Aug 17, 2011
Madinah
[QUOTE @Gman_aka_Pop's;53016438]Awesome mod thanks bro!!!! My sound is way louder but still very clear and not distorted.

How to apply that sound mod ?
and how to revert it just in case.

Thanks in advance :)
@Gman_aka_Pop's

Last edited:
Reactions: Gman_aka_Pop's

Gman_aka_Pop's

Jun 13, 2011
[QUOTE @Gman_aka_Pop's;53016438]Awesome mod thanks bro!!!! My sound is way louder but still very clear and not distorted.

How to apply that sound mod ?
and how to revert it just in case.

Thanks in advance :)
@Gman_aka_Pop's

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52680300

[ROM][PORT][5.20.14] .::StockMOD KitKat::. | TouchWiz 4.4.2 | Sprint L710VPUCND8 | RLS2.1
Go here and download MrFhenixMods.zip attachment then extract. Use an app like root explorer and manually push snd_soc_msm_2x from your extracted folder to system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder and set permissions to RWRR. Make sure to rename your stock snd_soc_msm2x file to snd_soc_msm2x.bak before doing this so you can revert back to stock if you aren't happy with the mod.

Last edited:

MercilessLTD

Jul 18, 2012
MercilessLTD said:
2. I tried the 4.3 Sammy Keyboard port to no avail. Anyone found a number row Samsung keyboard that works with this at all? As far as I'm concerned color and version aren't a big deal to me. Just looking for the same layout. Been using it for a year, so my thumbs are accustomed to that layout.

I have a working version of 5-row Sammy keyboard here. Welcome to try it out.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Gave it a shot. Same thing.

But, Erueka!...a little experimentation seems to have corrected the problem. The last entry in my build.prop is "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice". I turned it on (setting to 1 from 0) and, upon reboot, the Network Mode option is now showing with lots of options. I have chosen "GSM/WCDMA/LTE", and I appear to be good to go.

The developer(s) may want to make this setting a default in future releases.

This is actually working. Thanks for sharing this..

Sent from my kd2att using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
So were all the network issues sorted out? Sorry, lots of activity in this thread and I may have missed one or two things. Ill go back and read again later on, but I am curious about if it were happening only on specific carriers, or just the I747m, or did that not seem to matter?

Its a hard one for me to look into because I have the original T999, w/o LTE. But still, in my network options it shows LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect (and others), and I can change it to just WCDMA/GSM auto connect. Seems to work just fine.

Also, you guys are getting the tmobile boot up/shutdown animation? I swear I remember putting AT&T's in there. On mine its the T-Mobile animations but still has the Sprint sounds. I kinda like the change of pace so I didnt really look into changing it. So I expected that you guys would have AT&T animation with Sprint sounds. Is this not the case?

The animations and sounds are in
/system/media/
/system/media/video/shutdown
/system/media/audio/ui

And thanks to you guys who have been helping each other out and to those who have been posting mods/apps/info!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

danesusername

Jan 26, 2013
Is it me or does the "Ok Google" hotword not work in Google Now? I made sure that it is enabled in Google Now settings

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Is it me or does the "Ok Google" hotword not work in Google Now? I made sure that it is enabled in Google Now settings.
Not working for me, either. It won't work with a launcher other than Google Now, but with this Rom it doesn't work with that launcher either. If I get a chance over the weekend I'll test with LikeWise.

Sent from my kd2lte using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: danesusername

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
Not working for me, either. It won't work with a launcher other than Google Now, but with this Rom it doesn't work with that launcher either. If I get a chance over the weekend I'll test with LikeWise.

I have it working with my team black out google now on the s5 launcher off my homescreen. :good:

Gman_aka_Pop's

Jun 13, 2011
Odd, I get T-Mobile on LikeWise but AT&T on this one (build.prop setting??). Anyway, do tell (or write). I had a custom animation that I could put in System/Media on AOSP, but I haven't figured it out with TW based Roms. What's the secret?

http://www.note2forum.com/forum/ga...nimation-your-galaxy-note-3-all-carriers.htmlFirst google bootanimations in qmg format or just go to link above and download one. Be sure to rename original files .bak so you can revert back to stock. Use an app like root explorer extract zip you downloaded. There should be two files in your extracted folder
bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. manually push files to system/media and set permissions to RWRR then reboot and enjoy your new animation. For boot down animation same thing but push file to system/media and system/media/video/shutdown permissions set to rwrr reboot enjoy!:) I also have my own custom music that plays with my boot up animation. Just trim a song or find audio you like and save as PowerOn.ogg then manually push to system/media/audio/ui set permission rwrr reboot then enjoy:) Don't forget to rename old file to .bak so you can revert. Same thing for boot down audio just replace PowerOff.ogg.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbs8331

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Is it me or does the "Ok Google" hotword not work in Google Now? I made sure that it is enabled in Google Now settings

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

One user told me that they got it to work by removing it from /system/app and then sideloading it.
If youd care to try though, just go to the apk and tap on it to install as a user app. I think its sVoice thats causing the issue, but if loaded after the rom flash, Now should be able to keep its full functionality.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

troycarpenter

For the "+" or "+1" issue, I found this app as a stopgap until a fix is found:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tftbelow.prefixer

For me, the incoming calls all have a "+" prefixed to them (not "+1", just the "+"). With Prefixer I created a simple rule that removed the "+" before dialing. Now I can dial from my call log again.

Still looking for the root problem to be fixed...the call log still shows the "+" in the number even though it's still matching numbers in my contact list.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks to DocHoliday77 for posting the Ported Sprint Update! This would not have been possible without him, so be sure to thank him Here

With that, We proudly present to you:

StockMODKitKatOP_zps2845f650.png

The First Android 4.4.2 TouchWiz ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III!

Disclaimer_zpsc03c86de.png
    YOU MUST BE ON A FULL 4.3 FIRMWARE (BOOTLOADER, MODEM, ETC) FOR THIS ROM! IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT WITHOUT THE 4.3 FIRMWARE, THE ROM WILL NOT BOOT!

AS USUAL, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE! ONE WRONG MOVE (Especially with the Firmware) AND YOU COULD END UP WITH A VERY EXPENSIVE BRICK. PROCEED AT OWN RISK.

Please do not kang any part of this ROM without developer permission, violators WILL be caught, and moderators will be notified.

Prerequisites_zps49240df5.png

• Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
    • Root and Custom Recovery Installed
    • FULL I747UCUEMJB Android 4.3 Firmware (Bootloader, Modem, Etc)
    • ROM File
    • Knowledge of what you're doing
    • Patience

System_zps058c838b.png

• Based on Official Sprint L710VPUCND8 Android 4.4.2 Update
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed

Changelog_zpsa7ccff20.png

Code:
    [B]StockMOD KitKat RLS2[/B] [I]May 16th, 2014[/I]
    -Fixed APN issues from previous release - Thanks to [B]lj27416[/B] for posting the apns-conf.xml
    -Fixed Maps force closing
    -Fixed reboot binary - Thanks to [B]CNexus[/B]
    -Updated system apps (including todays Google Play Store update with Paypal support)

[B]StockMOD KitKat RLS1[/B] [I]May 15th, 2014[/I]
    [I]Brought to you by [B]DocHoliday77[/B]![/I]
    -Included kt747 kernel (5-13-2014) (WiFi fixed, Screen Rotation fixed)
    -Edited some CSC and other files for AT&T
    -Added APN's (Should now auto-populate regardless of your carrier. AKA, no more manual setup!)
    -Added more language options
    -Updated system apps
    -corrected build.prop values
    -Added busybox to updater-script
    -Replaced Sprint Shutdown animation with AT&T (may still have the Sprint sounds though)
    -Fixed Video Playback bug (horribly choppy playback on hi-res vids)

[B]StockMOD KitKat Beta1[/B] [I]May 12th, 2014[/I]
    -Added latest XPosed Installer App (Just App!)
    -Initial Release!

Bugs_zpsd7a857be.png

This ROM was only tested on a T-Mobile SGH-T999 on UVUENC2, please report!
    • Both issues have been fixed by flashing the KT Kernel! Links below!
    • WiFi: Refuses to work, most likely due to kernel
    • Rotation: Backwards, in landscape, screen is upside down, also most likely due to kernel
    • MMS will not send with WiFi on - Read Post 6 for more info
    • You can only have one of the following two: Either the nice looking WiFi statusbar icon, or the 4G icon (not sure yet if this applies to the I747). Fixing one reverts the other.
    • You tell us

Download_zps007e7bda.png

StockMOD ROM KitKat RLS2.zip

Mirror (RLS2.1) (Thanks DocHoliday77!)

Ktoonsez Kernel for TouchWiz 4.4.2

If you like our work, help us support more devices!
    Donations are very valuable, and help support further development.

donate-button-blue-425x164.jpg

Donate to Saranhai

Donate to DocHoliday77

DocHoliday77: Without this man, this update would NOT have been possible, please remember to give his thread a thanks! (Link at the top of OP)
    CNexus: He originally posted the 4.4.2 ND8 Update for the Sprint Galaxy S III
    All the guys over at the Sprint forums that helped made this project possible
    Sprint: For being the first to release the long awaited Android 4.4 Update
    Samsung: For not forgetting our beloved Samsung Galaxy S III

XDA:DevDB Information
    StockMOD ROM KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    saranhai, DocHoliday77
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.3 Firmware

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RLS1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-15
    Current Beta Version: Beta1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-12

Created 2014-05-13
    Last Updated 2014-05-20
    StockMod RLS2

StockMod2.0 Downloads

StockMOD ROM KitKat RLS2

SourceForge Mirror

StockMOD ROM KitKat RLS1

SourceForge Mirror

Instructions

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!
    Flash rom via latest version of the custom recovery of your choice
    Factory Reset recommended
    First boot WILL take a while! Several minutes at least.
    During setup, after choosing your language, you will see a screen with "Wait a sec..." at the top.
    DO NOT, let the screen time out and turn off!!! (You will have to start over!)
    After this, proceed with setup normally and reboot when done.

To fix the WiFi icon in statusbar
    Open the Google Play Store and wait for it to load its home screen. Close the store.
    Using a root file browser, go to /system and edit the build.prop as follows:
    Change ro.product.name= d2att to d2spr. Save and reboot.
    (Note: by making this change, you will fix the WiFi icon, but may lose the 4G data icon (this happened on the T999, anyway). It will show 3G, H+ instead.)
    (IMPORTANT: If you do not open the Play Store app BEFORE making this change, the Store will NOT work!)

Pests (Known Bugs)

MMS will not send with WiFi on - It seems this is how all Sprint builds are made. Not actually a bug, but I am told there is a Wanam Xposed module that can make this work. If WiFi is on, you can send and receive SMS, but cannot send MMS and will just get a notification if one is received.

You can only have one of the following two: Either the nice looking WiFi statusbar icon, or the 4G icon (not sure yet if this applies to the I747). Fixing one reverts the other.

Pesticide (Temporary fixes for bugs)

WiFi Icon fix
    In build.prop, change d2att to d2spr. Reboot. -Thanks to @serio22 for figuring this odd one out! :highfive:
    See instructions above. This will break the Play Store unless you first open the app and let it load.

Changelog

RLS1 - (5.14.2014)
    • Included kt747 kernel (5.13.2014) (WiFi fixed, Screen Rotation fixed)
    • Edited some CSC and other files for AT&T
    • Added APN's (Should now auto-populate regardless of your carrier. AKA, no more manual setup!)
    • Added more language options
    • Updated system apps
    • corrected build.prop values
    • Added busybox to updater-script
    • Replaced Sprint Shutdown animation with AT&T (may still have the Sprint sounds though)
    • Fixed Video Playback bug (horribly choppy playback on hi-res vids)

RLS2 - (5.16.2014)
    • Fixed APN issues from previous release - Thanks to @lj27416 for posting the apns-conf.xml
    • Fixed Maps force closing
    • Fixed reboot binary - Thanks to @CNexus
    • Updated system apps (including todays Google Play Store update with Paypal support)

Let us know how everything goes! Provided there are no more significant bugs, we may be about ready to call this done! Hope you guys like it!
    StockMod2.0

StockMod2.0 Download

I747_ND8_Port_StockMod2.0

Mirror

Changelog

• Included kt747 kernel (5-13-2014) (WiFi fixed, Screen Rotation fixed)
    • Edited some CSC and other files for AT&T
    • Added APN's (Should now auto-populate regardless of your carrier. AKA, no more manual setup!)
    • Added more language options
    • Updated system apps
    • corrected build.prop values
    • Added busybox to updater-script
    • Replaced Sprint Shutdown animation with AT&T (may still have the Sprint sounds though)
    • Fixed Video Playback bug (horribly choppy playback on hi-res vids)

Let us know how everything goes! Provided there are no more significant bugs, we may be about ready to call this done! Hope you guys like it! Again, I apologize for keeping you waiting longer than I had expected.
    modded stuff :)

Aloha OPS

I have modified several stuff if you want to incorporate them in to your ROM that i like to mess around with my device..

#1.Unlocked all CSC stuff from FEATURES.xml

#2.Applied "Volume Blaster Light" settings (check my signature for details)
    to etc/snd_soc_msm

#3. modded Buil.prop to reflect I747M device and Network modes (9) for d2can

Update: This is not a flashable Mod, This are the modded component for the OPS to check them out!!

Love your work
    I'll post a personal build in a moment here, just have to finish fixing up the ramdisk, optimizing busybox and adding adblocking features/scripts, sqlite3 and zipalign binaries and such.