Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
How To Search XDA Forums

XDA Forum Rule 1.
1. Search before posting.
Use one of our search functions before posting, whether you have a question or something new to share, it's very likely someone already asked that question or shared that news.
Firstly you need to identify what you need to find.
Aww, that ROM I like. The download link doesn't work. I need to find a working link.
Now, enter the ROM thread you wish to search & click this button -->
searchthread.png

Now enter your search term -->
searchterm.png

Wow, there is a few results. What next?
Now XDA has done a little of the work for you, you have to do the rest.
IF after exhausting every post that is returned from the search you cannot find the answer. Use the same technique that you just learn't to search the General & Q&A forums.
This time the button looks a little different. Don't let that put you off. Click this one instead -->
searchforum.png

But Wait, I'm using the XDA App!

Have no fear, you don't think XDA would have an app that wouldn't let you adhere to the rules, surely not.

Just open your XDA App, hit this -->
app_more.png
then this -->
app_search.png

If your lucky enough to have a hardware "Search" button, you can hit that too.

Now if you still don't find what you are looking for. You may post.

Failure to adhere to the XDA Forum Rules may lead to a Warning and/or Infraction.

-

Essential Reading

omnislash

Jan 27, 2008
Mumbai
+100

my first reaction " :eek: :eek: :eek: " then i LOL'd really hard.

:D this thread is a blessing to people who dont know or dont want to know how to search ..

pahildo

Feb 4, 2010
This is great...thanks

How about us that uses the xda app on our phone how can we search the thread

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

hopscotchjunkie

When you've got the thread open in the app, press Menu, then Browser, then follow the instructions exactly as described above.

Or, follow the steps in the first post referring to searching with the xda app and just be more specific with your search terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy

MaximilianPs

Jan 7, 2009
Pesaro
you should also explane how to search multywords 'cause if you serach
for download mirror the engine will search for "download" and "mirror" instead the exact phrase.

Reactions: Andy

Mattiasjp

Jul 12, 2010
I've tried searching for "rmt_storage" etc, but it returns zero hits. But I've certainly seen this in posts on the forum. But the search automatically gets rid of the "_" so I think this is why it won't find anything. If I search rmt or storage I don't find "rmt_storage" either.

Is there a way to escape special characters to be searched for?

Lazarus65

May 29, 2010
Margate
Samsung Galaxy A51
The search doesn't always work though. Not to no fault of anything or anyone but the search terms. Sometimes it's hard to go through 20 pages of posts. One thing that would help is if people actually used the tags the right way. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To Search XDA Forums

XDA Forum Rule 1.
    1. Search before posting.
    Use one of our search functions before posting, whether you have a question or something new to share, it's very likely someone already asked that question or shared that news.
    Firstly you need to identify what you need to find.
    Aww, that ROM I like. The download link doesn't work. I need to find a working link.
    Now, enter the ROM thread you wish to search & click this button -->
    searchthread.png

Now enter your search term -->
    searchterm.png

Wow, there is a few results. What next?
    Now XDA has done a little of the work for you, you have to do the rest.
    IF after exhausting every post that is returned from the search you cannot find the answer. Use the same technique that you just learn't to search the General & Q&A forums.
    This time the button looks a little different. Don't let that put you off. Click this one instead -->
    searchforum.png

But Wait, I'm using the XDA App!

Have no fear, you don't think XDA would have an app that wouldn't let you adhere to the rules, surely not.

Just open your XDA App, hit this -->
    app_more.png
    then this -->
    app_search.png

If your lucky enough to have a hardware "Search" button, you can hit that too.

Now if you still don't find what you are looking for. You may post.

Failure to adhere to the XDA Forum Rules may lead to a Warning and/or Infraction.

-

Essential Reading
    HAHA! I'll bite; where the hell did the search button go?
    the best thread!!

When you've got the thread open in the app, press Menu, then Browser, then follow the instructions exactly as described above.

Or, follow the steps in the first post referring to searching with the xda app and just be more specific with your search terms.
    Good thread. An alternative is to use the Search feature in my sig. It uses Google and, for me, is easier.