OTA update ?

Search This thread

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
Can you please point me in the right direction for this file?

http://db.tt/WOWFaZYC
Replace the one in /etc. Reboot. Go outside and get a lock (might take a while at first as it gets your location, but all locks after will be quick unless you drastically change location)
Optimized for North America.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
I have to admit that I'm getting lazy when it comes to updating my phone. I've been ignoring the update notification and have not yet attempted to try FP5. When I upgraded to FP1, I went back to stock EP4 and took the OTA updates. I then got root by installing eclipse rom. Since the eclipse ROM has not been updated to FP5, I decided to wait. I'm now getting sick of ignoting the OTA update all the time. Also the phone has a crap load of LAG. reboots help, but the lag comes back.

what I need help understanding is after going back to stock and taking the OTA updates, how do I add root? I know someone mentioned flashing superuser. what is it and where do I find it? Also saw that there was a modified file for GPS lock. I'll download that and try it.

Another Issue is that I've not cleaned out my data card since buying the phone. I know there is a lot of crap on there from old ROMS, programs I no longer use and what not. How do I know what to delete? would you recommend backing it up to PC, and adding back the stuff I can determine the phone needs...IE program data?

Mike

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I have to admit that I'm getting lazy when it comes to updating my phone. I've been ignoring the update notification and have not yet attempted to try FP5. When I upgraded to FP1, I went back to stock EP4 and took the OTA updates. I then got root by installing eclipse rom. Since the eclipse ROM has not been updated to FP5, I decided to wait. I'm now getting sick of ignoting the OTA update all the time. Also the phone has a crap load of LAG. reboots help, but the lag comes back.

what I need help understanding is after going back to stock and taking the OTA updates, how do I add root? I know someone mentioned flashing superuser. what is it and where do I find it? Also saw that there was a modified file for GPS lock. I'll download that and try it.

Another Issue is that I've not cleaned out my data card since buying the phone. I know there is a lot of crap on there from old ROMS, programs I no longer use and what not. How do I know what to delete? would you recommend backing it up to PC, and adding back the stuff I can determine the phone needs...IE program data?

Mike

This is what I did, make full backup of my phone with my backup and TiBU, then copy everything from SD card to my PC, format the SD card. Went back to stock Ep4 and took the OTA update to FP1, then PF5. Odin Tweak 3.0 (the best and trouble free rom to date). This rom included many great themes. Reinstalled Tibu and My backup, then copy only "Tibu and Mybackup" backups from PC back to the SD card, from here on I could restored my contacts, sms etc..If you need anything else, you could get them from your PC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you please point me in the right direction for this file?

http://db.tt/WOWFaZYC
    Replace the one in /etc. Reboot. Go outside and get a lock (might take a while at first as it gets your location, but all locks after will be quick unless you drastically change location)
    Optimized for North America.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
    Thanks for the info. Ill attack it after work. Now all i need to do is backup everything.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

I suggest that you should go back to E4d with a pit file, then upgrade to FP1 then FP5. This is the best clean install. My phone run as fast as my previous tweak 2.2, pbj kernel etc..but everything is working very smoothly. My signal bar wifi/4g are same as before, no improvement on voice. Auto brightness and battery saver options are working well. My battery is the best to date without any additional apps and using wifi only, I have tested phone sleep time (not using phone that much, only about 1hrs usage), I have 14hrs (1 hrs usage) with 73% leftover at the end of the day. I felt like I have JellyBeen on the charge. I only installed about a dozen absolutely needed apps like phone tracker security app, go launcher ex, ad blocker, root explorer, busybox, foxfi, mybackup,titanium,FBM9(facebook app, fring, appinstaller), super user, original weather widget, go launcher switch (to toggle wifi/4g,flash light, etc..) to start out with. My opinion, yes you should upgrade, but do it with a pit file.
    You should, cause it does help people with gps lock issue, also better on accuracy. It does no harm but goodness.:)

I don't deny that, just never did it is all. Maybe I'll look at kvswims ;)