[OLD] The old and busted Lag fix thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tayutama

May 21, 2010
Helsinge
So my phone wont take fonts, and your phones won't run scripts... I'm not sure who wins =P

Also I think I found our common factor... you guys are both running EXT4 and your fonts work. I was running EXT2 and they did not. I just switched to EXT4 and the fonts are back...

wth....

think i need to try another firmware to see if sl4a still crashes there...

since i have had it working before

tbae2

Jan 17, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Have you tried JM1 from the I9000 forums yet? It works very well so far :). Also does anyone have the download for the stock pit file? I want my recovery key combos back!

Zilch25

Jul 28, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
Doh, bumped the old thread :(

You have to uninstall any previous fixes before installing the new one- be sure to hit the new lagfix thread for all the latest and greatest though. This one is out of date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So quick question... should i make the script like the test version i gave you aka.
    Not copying over /data/app-private and /data/app?

Also should i make a image on /dbdata to move that into?

That's a good question... I can say so far from the test script you gave me yesterday that it doesn't seem to be hurting performance at all. It's been running without restart since I installed it yesterday morning and it's snappy. I haven't noticed any sort of stability issues or any rogue glitches either. I think the best way to put it is that this version feels less volatile, but I don't have a psychotic amount of apps installed either.

Wish we had a couple more test subjects to give their opinion on it though.

As for dbdata hasn't it already been concluded that it's pretty much amazingly responsive even without a virtual FS?
    I got these fonts from the themes thread for the vibrant fonts,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759642

Specifically, I installed the burton font and the darkness font, both I tried and both didnt register upon restart of the phone.

Okay! I'll be sure to toss those into my test runs to see if we can't get to the bottom of it. It might be something specific to the vibrant fonts (we can only hope).

Tayutama said:
    hehe true... i got problems atm with boot looping after fix ^^

had it going till it had to mount /dbdata and then removed something i shouldn't have done so it reboots all the time instead off only once :(

That's bizarre, chainfire was able to move the dbdata wasn't he? I wonder what's going on differently?