5,597,937 Members 38,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help - 2 arias rendom reboot

Tip us?

drumist
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Have you tried taking the phones physically to another place (miles away) just to verify that it's not some sort of weird RF interference issue?

Also one other thing that I figure might be connected is the charger you're using. Are you/were you using the same charger for both phones?

yar2
Old
(Last edited by yar2; 10th May 2012 at 08:20 PM.) Reason: add something
Thanks Meter 16
I have recently used the Aria during a weekend at a town Maryland, which is about 90 miles from here (southeast Pennsylvania). Same issue.

Regarding chargers, I use a stock HTC charger at home and a cheap car charger. I had been using these chargers for more that a year before the problem started. And I use them for other devices, such as my wife's iPhone, with no problem.

I sent the Aria back to HTC today for a 2nd try. If anyone wants to experiment, I will ship you my other Aria. Of course I would like it back. I am sure HTC will figure it out someday. And my other Aria is still under warranty too. I am just letting HTC work on one at a time.

sketchman16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any updates?

loleary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Aria is dead in my market

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchman16 View Post
Any updates?
I thought I posted an update but looking back, I somehow didn't. For my issue, after going through many Arias--brand new--all doing the random reboot at home and not elsewhere, AT&T finally saw that the radio firmware on the phone (the specific spec version of HSPA+) was not compatible with the updates they were pushing to local towers. What this means is that the radio will randomly crash resulting in the phone rebooting. HTC stated that this was an AT&T problem and that AT&T was responsible for updating the firmware to be compatible with their equipment. AT&T said that their device report for my area should less then 1% hit meaning they weren't going to patch/update the firmware and recommended a new phone.

Additionally, I know of two other people in the area that are experiencing the same issue but just thought they had broken their phone and went out and purchased a new one.

yar2
Old
Thanks Meter 16
All my Aria reboot problems were solved with a new sim card. And I have no idea why.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 517
I have this problem too, but I'm in Germany using congstar.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
Current device: HTC Desire X
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 517
Also getting a new SIM isn't free for me, it costs 10 .

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
Current device: HTC Desire X
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

NinetyWt
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by loleary View Post
AT&T finally saw that the radio firmware on the phone (the specific spec version of HSPA+) was not compatible with the updates they were pushing to local towers. What this means is that the radio will randomly crash resulting in the phone rebooting. HTC stated that this was an AT&T problem and that AT&T was responsible for updating the firmware to be compatible with their equipment. AT&T said that their device report for my area should less then 1% hit meaning they weren't going to patch/update the firmware and recommended a new phone.
Thank you ever so much for chasing this rabbit to ground. My phone had been randomly rebooting over the last couple of days until today, finally, it is just stuck in a never-ending boot loop. Your post has saved me a lot of fruitless hours of work, I think.

BTW, I tried a new SIM card and that did not fix it.