OK, this is embarrassing. I cannot make this FTF correctly. It is always around 500MB and wont flash. It gives the error
ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MINOR";ERR_CODE="0017";ERR_DYNAMIC=" 0x80060011 ";
I am doing it the exact same way I have done hundreds if not thousands of times before on the Xperia T, Neo and X10. I am using the same laptop as before (Lenovo think pad running win 7). the only thing that is different is that I am using the latest flashtool (0.9.11.0)
I get no errors when flashtool makes the FTF and I get no errors when PCCmpanion uses the files to "repair" my phone.
Here is what I am doing.
1) Running pccompanion and choosing software repair
2) Letting it complete
3) Running flashtool and clicking on tools/seus decrypt/
4) Browsing to where the files are downloaded in the blobs folder
5) Clicking on all the files that it finds to convert them, moving to them to the right pane and clicking convert
6) Letting it complete and then using all those files in the bundle creation.
Like I say, flashtool gives no errors.
If I am missing something basic, please let me know and you have my permission to laugh at me and add to a faceplam thread.
Its really bugging me now though.