Search This thread

proper69

Dec 7, 2010
You're crazy man. 4.1.2 code was just released. Thanks task I'll throw this in the phone tonight.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MethodX

Oct 5, 2012
Honestly, this is the best JB roms for the S3 IMO. I've tried all of them in the last week and by far this is the most stable and smoothest one. What I like is that the dev Task is always on here and posting in the thread. He is involved all the time. His coding and cherry picks are awesome. I definitely am sticking with this Rom. Truly awesome with all the tweaks and mods. Amazing job Task. :good::good::highfive:

jrock60

Oct 13, 2009
im getting an error in recovery when trying to flash this release, anyone else experiencing this? same issue we had a few releases a ago.

Reflashed and it works disregard that. Great release Task thanks.

Last edited:

jrock60

Oct 13, 2009
are there additional colors added for the charging LED? I just plugged it in and the led is yellow at 86%

gumboman4

Mar 12, 2007
Hermann, MO
Task, thanks for all your hard work giving us these awesome ROMs.
I've been using your ROMs for quite some time now and never really had any issues that weren't user related.
This morning I downloaded the latest release and flashed away. I did a full wipe as I do every time. Booted up fine but phone won't connect
To anything but edge network. I've checked to make sure the correct access point is selected to no avail.
Went through the full wipe process 5 times before deciding to restore the nandroid back up made just prior to installing the latest release.
The bad thing is that now my phone won't connect to anything but edge no matter which release I am using.
Didn't see anyone having this issue. Advice from anyone would be awesome.

unknownyello

Aug 17, 2008
I've been using your ROMs for quite some time now and never really had any issues that weren't user related.
This morning I downloaded the latest release and flashed away. I did a full wipe as I do every time. Booted up fine but phone won't connect
To anything but edge network. I've checked to make sure the correct access point is selected to no avail.
Went through the full wipe process 5 times before deciding to restore the nandroid back up made just prior to installing the latest release.
The bad thing is that now my phone won't connect to anything but edge no matter which release I am using.

check your imei number under setting, about phone, status. make sure it does not start with a 0

Dx9

Aug 5, 2011
Ottawa

Check your IMEI in About Phone buddy. Make sure it isnt 0 or blank

Reactions: gumboman4

You have to search around for that one. You seem to have lost your IMEI. Give PeopleArmy a PM or just go to his thread in Galaxy S3 android development. You will have to inject it if you didn't back up.

Edit: Late again.

Reactions: gumboman4

splxtreme

Aug 5, 2008
:)

I finally found the ROM I want to stick with for a while. There are certainly things I miss from Touchwiz, but I'm sure I'll find alternatives. I did like the dial pad better for the phone, as I can have the dial pad and other options in the same view, and call recording. Only used it once, but it is a nice feature to have just in case. Also, the built in music player doesn't read some of my music files, such as WMA, but found poweramp works. Only downfall is that it cost money, not that it a huge deal, but I would think the built in player should read these files.

I think I have to tweak some setting though, my battery life it good, but not as good as the Ariel ROM, yet.

Overall, with the recent fixes, this ROM is top notch! I will be certainly donating soon!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB